Top Rappers in your opinion and why

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Bill Stacks, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

So if one day a band changed up their style so that they sounded like a bad cover band of themselves, that wouldn't be problematic for their fans?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Kweli>>

Fuck ya opinion
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  3. Mel Man

Mos may have peaked higher than Kweli (Which is of course arguable...cuz how the fuck you gonna underrate Kweli while given Mos his props like they don't go together like salt n peppa..)

BUT Kweli outran him, meaning he put in more work on the court...and therefore at this point CAN be rated higher than Mos when maybe in 99 he couldn't be..

"Get By" is only cringe worthy to you cuz you a lil suburban nose up type homo (which was established from the beginning)...hip hop don't run through ya veins cuz you a leech, so fuck outta here with dumb ass comments like that,,,
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

Nah fuck you you goofy ass nigga. You really sound like someone confident in your opinions.

For as much as you like to talk about niggas bein gay I bet any amount of money you're deep in the closet. Nobody talks about gay shit as much as you without having repressed feelings and shit haha.

So yea, how bout YOU shut the fuck up and get back to whatever stupid nigga shit you do in between struggling to use a computer lol
    • -Rep -Rep x 2
    test
  5. Mel Man

"Get By is cringe worthy" only to house nikka uncle toms white boy in they avatars fakkits like you lmao

Like I already said any arena, topic you gettin ate alive...especially HIP HOP

fake ass house nikka
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, I think Kweli started outpacing Mos around '02... when they first came out, Mos was clearly ahead... but there came a time when it seemed like rap bored Mos Def... he started going back to acting, singing, rock music, etc.... the same thing Cee-Lo did... now Cee-Lo is more or less a straight up alternative soul singer rather than a rapper. His fans are our parents' age now, lol.
    test
  7. Mel Man

Yea man, Kweli definitely out paced him..5 solo joints, 2 reflection eternal albums, Blackstar,,,

Mos in 04 almost broke my heart but Kweli's album that same year (their albums were released like 3 weeks apart, 04 was doope!) saved that period for me..

They both returned to prominence in 09-2010 too, a blackstar album around that time could've been dope..
    test
  8. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Kweli>mos imo but i listen more to thier newer shit. They are both dope but i prefer kwelis style and beat selection on the whole. I wish blackstarr had more albums though.

Biggie - Hes my favourite ever mc. Hes got everything i want from an mc except a large catalogue.

Ghostface Killah - Hes in my number 2 favourite most of the time, his body of work is unmatched. Hes got atleast 3-4 solo classics with almost all of the other albums being dope and then obviously he has his work with wu.

Eminem - In his prime no one could fuck with him and hes got 3 really dope albums, a couple of other good ones and 1 classic/1 dope d12 album. I just hope he retires asap.

Nas - Consistently dope over the majority of his career

Masta Ace - I fuck with anything he does, he sounds so nice on the beats and brings that old school flow with a fresh vibe. Hes no slouch with the lyrics either.

- i love this track, definitely one of the best from 2013.

Ra is a fucking killer aswell, his flow is out of this world. He's undisputed top 2 white rappers imo.

Black Thought - Got more into him more recently, ive always fucked with the roots and seen them live years ago but ive only recently been giving him the props he deserves.

Reks - Probably the best newer artist(last 10 years) in the game for me, hes such a dope rapper. Hes good at everything you need to be a rapper, occasionally he has a beat or 2 im not really feeling but most of his beats are so nice that doesnt matter.

Blaq Poet - Hes one of my personal favourite rappers, hes not top 5 dead or alive or anything but for me hes up thier with mop/mobb deep if your looking for that hard shit. He's got a couple of my favourite ever hip hop tracks aswell, he talks that real talk better than anyone.

• +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  9. Mel Man

Masta Ace>>
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I feel bad for not listing Masta Ace now.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

I like how you put ghostface in there hes actually heavily underrated
    test
  12. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

I dont get how people think game is wack, hes amazing the only rapper i know to rap in 3 different languages: English,Spanish,French
    test
  13. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

A rapper good because he raps in different languages? Oh shit then props to Pitbull then. And Lil B.

• +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  14. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

lol ok i meant it was something that made him unique to do it well in other languages
    test
  15. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

imo

how bout beans? I don't think he gets a enough props it might be the nostalgia effect but man i still zone out to most of his shit.

miss this dude
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Philly rappers>>>

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I want someone to explain how nostalgia can negate greatness? Maybe Esoteriq can do that since he continues to posit this "theory." If you say, "nostalgia," I can say "latest is greatest." So who wins?
    test
  18. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

Why the hell is LIL WAYNE on your list?

test
  19. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

The nigga got Joell Ortiz. And Copywrite. Why you asking questions bruh.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  20. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

"I know my watch is bothering ya vision
    But reach and I'll put a dot on ya head like its part of yo religion"

and
    " I used to have to push up, now I've hardly got to press
    Got two guns, they both lead to cardiac arrest"

Lloyd Banks is a beast and is heavily overlooked
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013