Top Rappers in your opinion and why

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Bill Stacks, Oct 31, 2013.

1. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Yes love the shout out dude is as real as it gets.

Liistening to styles with the combination of young jeezy has literally shaped who I am as a person lol.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    test
  2. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

To be fair, that is some sharp ass flow on Human Mic, I'll freely admit (I don't run from dope shit just because it goes against something I said) but he's certainly not always on point like that. Certainly not enough to be one of the best lyricists.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

Nas, Method Man, Talib Kweli, 2Pac, Busta Rhymes (more like his 90s stuff!), and Q-Tip.
    Can't explain why though.
    test
  4. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

"Pay attention you gotta listen to hear"

^^ He does it so effortlessly

I can post for days how much talib have you heard? and who would you consider top tier lyricists?
    test
  5. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

I've listened to him all the way back to Blackstar. I love Mos, I always considered Kweli the "Big Pooh/T3" of the group.
    Top tier lyricists...hmm

Nickel
    Lupe
    Nas
    Pun
    etc.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

:manik1::idontbelieveu2::smackusure::wtf2::qphaaaan::ihadadream::calvinwtf::facepalm2:
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

And your accusing people of being passive aggressive in the other thread LOL? You really are a mental case.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  8. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

Either comment directly on something I say or shut the fuck up while the grownups are talking. I know articulating yourself and that whole...English shit ain't really your strong suit but try it, faggot.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

ok i dont get how you would put lil wayne over kanye and explain how game sucks, i mean i respect your list and all but...
    test
  10. Bill Stacks

Bill Stacks Corrupt Kid

i totally agree krayzie bone is fuckin dope
    test
  11. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

I like your list. They're all nice. Forgot a few of them.
    test
  12. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

I like Weezy and I think Kanye and Game are wack no nead to explain it that's just my taste/preference
    test
  13. ronnie enclade

ronnie enclade Member

pac
    nas
    rakim
    g rap

all have dope lyrics and dope music.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  14. BarsOfNarcomaDreams

BarsOfNarcomaDreams Member

Big L, Big Pun, Game, Eyedea, MF Doom, Nas, KRS One, Scroobius Pip, Eazy E, and obviously Biggie and Tupac.
    test
  15. Gen The God

Gen The God The Life or Death Poet

No order:
    Nas- anyone who listened to Life is Good knows he's still putting out top notch material. If you drop in the cypher on this site and have the nerve to say Nas fell off, then you probably don't know what you're talking about.
    Em- constantly puts out off the wall material. MMLP2 is a classic album. Spit a better verse than BIG on the Dead Wrong remix and Hov on Renegade.
    Big Pun- Him and Em hands down are the best multi-syllable artists I've heard. His career was cut way too short.
    Big L- punchlines and multis out the ass. I can only imagine how good he would've been in the 2000s or now had he still been living.
    Hov- been whack lately but that put aside, has one of the best resumes ever put together as far as hip hop albums go. Only person I've seen put out that high a volumes of classics in mass in a 5-6 period time-frame besides EM with MMLP, SSLP and ES.
    Pac- I used to not pay attention to him like I did with Em, but the more I listen to him, the more the gap between him and BIG becomes apparent (and I'm from the East coast).
    Jadakiss- always drops gully tracks and has stayed true to his form despite changing with the times.
    Copywrite- always been a dope lyricist, but his last two albums show how good of an overall artist he's become within the span of 2.5 years (Life and Times/God Save the King).
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Top rappers ever? Hmmm that's a hard one.
    Andre 3000 & Big Boi individually, content, flow, vocab, style, music, beats, they are both different and the both of them deserve big props.
    Del been wrecking shit for the most part and he collabing with a lot of people throughout his career just making his catalogue way doper.
    Jay-Z, I guess Jay is the kind of rapper you either love (isn't he one of the most well-rounded emcees?) or hate (I get why some people try to put him down) and right now I'm loving Hov lol
    Pharoahe Monch, impeccable discography.
    Notorious Big, one of the coolest, hardest best rappers ever period. Fucking timeless.
    Eminem, even with the flaws, he has lots of good material that is just flat out raw and dope and you can't deny it, plus a veteran.
    Big L, y'all know.
    Canibus, y'all can't hate but Canibus was really an original rapper man, he didn't bite at all, he came with his own dirty raw style and murder records lyrically.
    Azulito/Blu, when he hits the bullseye (which is not rare) he really hits it, flow, lyrical ability, content, delivery, dude has the skills of a legend.
    Ras Kass, the uncrowned west king.

And word to Sean P. lol

I'm obviously missing rappers, too many great ones but I'm just writing off the top.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

Canibus really was great. I have really fond memories of Rip The Jacker circa 2003/04. He directly impacted me starting my own journey to make music. It's hard to say he fell off since his style is largely the same, but I think a lot of us just outgrew him. He talks and acts like he never grew himself, he was just feeling who he was back then too much. Then he tried to put it in a bottle and recreate it year after year. Poet Lauraete II was one of my favorite songs ever and still is...PL Infinity was an embarrassment. Who gives a fuck about that many unfocused bars Jermaine??
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  18. ThatsNotMyName

People hate Canibus because he has an ego. Dead @ haters.
    test
  19. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

What? No. Who hates Canibus for a quality that every rapper should possess to be great?

We hate Canibus because he believed his own hype and became a parody of himself.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. ThatsNotMyName

I think that's a silly reason honestly.
    test