Top 5 things you'd suggest for the redesign.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by this problem, Jun 16, 2013.

1. this problem

this problem Active Member

Rather than being whiney while the site is still being worked on, I figured I'd make a Top 5 list of suggested things that I would like to see that arent there yet.

1. Posters currently online: one of the best parts of RM is physically seeing you are in an active community with color coded names that denote the differing roles of the members. Right now, there is no immediate indicator that anyone is on the site while you are.
    2. Reputation: I've never been a big repper, but it makes people feel important, I guess.
    3. Highlight the battles: Right now it's too cluttered, and the battles that aren't stickied will be ignored or overlooked.
    4. More posts to each page: This will keep posts alive longer, since no one wants to search through pages to find a post, and often only focus on the first page.
    5. User ranks: would be cool for post counts.

All I personally want from RM is a place to surf through battles so my needs are less than others, but feel free to put your own Top 5 things that were great about RM before but were lost in the redesign instead of being counter-productive.
    test
  2. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Change the font colour back to white, grey on grey is annoying.

Reduce the size of the font or make the display wider. Or both.

Kill whoever invented the alert system
    test
  3. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Agree on highlighting of battles, could use inverted colouring.

Disagree on the grey type, its easy on the eyes.

Alerts and Trophies are quite cool, add more Trophies for fun ^^

Also like the small details, like "new" on posts, avatar on read threads.

Rep comments is essential to bring back. Just a nice thing to have.
    test
  4. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

Above all else, let there be a beta test or a preview of some kind before anything's permanent...
    test
  5. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Good constructive thread.

There is a way to see who is online for the forum but it's a little harder to find than just being at the bottom of each forum and less easy to scan with your eyes. I'd like it to be on threads and forums again if possible.

Without highlights it does make all the threads blend together too much but once they add the media section, the battles will be very easy to find. In fact, it might end up being a preferred way for some people to search for battles.

I'd also like to have the options to adjust posts per page and posts per forum. It seems a couple options like that are missing but I'd assume more of them will be added on eventually.

Other things I'd like to see:
    • editing posts -I've been told it doesn't work like it used on vbulletin but if there was a way to go back to edit old posts again, I'd like to see it
    • mentions - I assume they'll be back tho
    • clicked links being a different color instead of just turning non-bolded
    • to that last point, perhaps different color schemes in general, not just for fonts, it goes back to how it all blends together
    • more mobile friendly formatting - I don't use tapatalk and it's already been a while since there was a mobile skin available on the site, but as it is now, it's difficult to browse on a phone. Just a few formatting changes would be nice.
    • bigger screen names - just a little hard to read as is
    test
  6. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

change it back
    change it back
    change it back
    change it back
    change it back
    test
  7. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Trophies the least fun shit on earth since gas chambers
    test
  8. Shameless

yeah this isn't fucking neopets please turn that shit off
    test
  9. Nick Vayne

Nick Vayne Well-Known Member

Yeah the trophies are shit but no need to talk trash bout neopets yo
    test
  10. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Oh, open all the closed threads.

So what if some one ups an old thread. It's not like anything is fucking new or important here.
    test
  11. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Ive got all these shiny trophies now all of a sudden, and you're all gonna wanna take them away from me?.. Sadists.
    test
  12. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

You must have not been here when people have spammed posts to up all sorts of old threads, or when all open threads were merged into one big thread when someone hacked a mod's account.

It seems the benefit of being able to bump old threads is outweighed by the negatives of people who want to abuse it. That's why we can't have nice things.
    test
  13. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

+rep for neopets reference

LIST:
    More extreme contrast in text. White text would work. Light gray is terrifying.
    Different color VISITED threads links
    Fluid rather than Fixed width. I have approx 2x wasted space on the sides of the forums when browsing @ 1920x1080
    Don't make all usernames "BOLD". It clutters up the front forum tree and makes it a chore to read
    test
  14. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Why do people hate trophies?

I wouldn't even know they existed if I didn't see them on the profile pages.
    test
  15. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

JobOne here's a trophy for being a goofy fat fuck

_0/
    test
  16. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Or they could remain open and the mods could just do their jobs they prize so much.

I've been here for decades. It was never a problem until one lazy/power abusive MOD decided it was.
    test
  17. Schopenhauer

Schopenhauer Member

I don't understand why people are crying so fucking much about the old design. Sure, it had it's charm and all that but this new one is sleek, dark and simple just like the old one.
    test
  18. Shameless

i like the new rep system. it's effortless and doesn't require any thought other than hitting a button once.
    test
  19. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

1) Make it wider, by far the main thing. I've stopped checking here for the most part and the claustrophobic look is the main reason.
    2) More threads shown on page 1...and more distinct colors or highlighted battles or whatever because right now everything look the same and nothing stands out.
    test
  20. The Wise Owl

The Wise Owl Active Member

revert back to the old forum that was aestically pleasing. not this eye sore new forum
    test