Top 5 rappers you HATE THE MOST!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

I'm intrigued by this opinion, bro. I know you've worked in the industry before so I can kinda see why dudes who do get called "Sellouts" don't care. But wouldn't that bother you if you were the artist that was feeling you were making original music being called that? Like, I'm sure that the artists that are making these songs feel like they're bringing some originality to the normally played out concepts, so being a sellout can't be a complete compliment to them....

I dunno. I'm just intrigued by the comment simply because yes, it can be taken in both ways and normally always does mean you're more successful because of it
    test
  2. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I could have a top 50 hated rappers most likely, asap rocky is so shit.

Id say jay z is more over rated than lil wayne, no one who actually knows about hip hop rates wayne but jay z still gets ratings some how.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Ace I know it's not said and taken as a compliment or generally anything but negative...the whole idea of it though seems like it is hating upon someone's success....people who say sellout to others often have said it with personal reasons being masked by a broader generalized anger in order to try and hide their true reasons for saying it...I am happy you questioned this though I'll get into more detail later
    test
  4. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

That sounds more like what the fans of sell out artists would like to believe.
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

fans of artists who are successful get hated on as much as the artists themselves do.....I have watched it done it and been around it for years, but being involved with it and knowing through experience shaped my opinion on this matter....going at it as an artist, then as both then from a strictly business standpoint, i have seen this from every angle and bottom line is that at the end of the day it is all business and all a game of strategy.....Those who scream out how much they know and try to rip up something by saying it's not real or whatever are the people who usually have little knowledge of how things work....it takes little understanding to place judgement upon that which you do not get...

It's not a matter of liking to believe something or not, facts and experience vs rumors and theories....I have long since stated the exact reasons why I say certain things and why I feel the way I do, it has nothing to do with being a fan....I am not a typical fan of music...I let my experiences shape my views
    test
  6. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Actually Wayne is highly respected in the hip hop community..many of your favorite rappers have nothing but good things to say about Wayne.

You niggas just don't understand that to be a rapper you have 3 components..flow, lyrics, and delivery. Wayne has one of the best deliveries of all time, but only people who actually rap seem to understand this..
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Monday morning record execs man.....
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

it's crazy really man, and you are right it has bothered me before, and as an artist who makes music for other people it might bother me more if it were said to me...I always try to figure out why things generate specific reactions as they do, like what is the reason one person is so adamant about voicing a negative opinion about an artist....I feel as though I notice that negative opinions are usually more negative and personal than positive ones are positive and personal if that makes sense.....I love criticisms too, they are a good way of identifying how much a person knows and further what kind of fan/enemy/or in between one draws.....

sorry I am really tangential...I could reply to this for days....I think for generality sake that it must be known that there is no time that anyone can please every musically and there will always be people taking shots at other people, and when it is a shot at how successful they are, it shows a large personal investment from the complainer showing that they are following you....I don't care if the love of your life is a slut, I would care if mine is.....I hope that makes sense and isn't too all over the place and vague
    test
  9. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

Wayne is the most overrated in artist in history he does not even one ounce of talent his rapping and lyrics suck dick he makes music for 13 to 17 yrs olds
    test
  10. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

^ dude Wayne sucks now

But he was rapping raw from 97 to 07 stop it
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

he doesn't suck now he seems to have just stopped rapping as much from 08 till now.....not as big a fan as I was then but he is good imo
    test
  12. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Agreed. He's kinda just coasting now..not trying as hard. But he's still good without as much effort. If he devotes more time to his craft though, I'd be damned if that nigga couldn't crank out a classic album.
    test
  13. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

Wayne is ass now

I been listening to Wayne since 1997 before he cursed on records
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I have liked dude since the old cash money days, never was big on him till later on....The carter one and 2 are great albums
    test
  15. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

U need to check out Wayne on the old big tymer albums how too love that vol 1 & 2

Juvenile 400 degreez

Hot boys albums guerilla warfare

Wayne first album block is hot

He didn't even cuss on records til he was 18 to respect his momma

And yeah carter one and 2 are classic

He fell off

Everybody falls off

But who can day they was hot for 10 years straight

Not to many...
    test
  16. Ace the Prophet

No sweat on it, man. Read all the responses and they're making sense. It just intrigued me more than anything that something that's usually a negative conotation can be viewed as something so positive, ya know? But I get both sides of it. I know personally when I make something and someone calls it "generic" and it's a piece I don't feel is generic I get a little pissed, but those ones are the ones that relate to more people, which is why sometimes generic is a better route to go...I dunno. It's a weird road that not many want to go down but they usually always do. Good looks on it, man
    test
  17. Ace the Prophet

Point 1: I think that most dudes feel that way when they're trying to put out a lead single to promote their album (Oh hey, B.o.B!). Yeah, Wayne costs a shit ton to get on the track, and he's probably gonna half ass that shit since it's not his own, but it sells because of his name. If anything rappers use him more than respect him

Point 2: Yeah, the delivery is unique and the ones who have a unique delivery sound different, therefore will get more exposure. However, you have to have the full package, and nearly everything after Tha Carter II has been trash. I would say the years past Tha Carter II have been the ones where his presence has been most prominent in the mainstream so that should be his best material, when in fact it's the opposite.

Extremely overrated.

BTW, I would like to change #5 on my list from A$ap Rocky to Pitbull for obvious reasons. Moreso was just tired of seeing that stupid bitch's face in ThatsNotMyName's av
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

yeah i feel you, I''m that way with beats, and I enjoy making beats so much that I decided to not pursue it as an artist cause my creative process doesn't get along with coaches well......but with the sellout term, I just look at it as a concise explanation of how successful a rapper is at their job....then the more I look at it, the more implications I can draw from it.....I love business strategic applications for music it makes the industry and ever dealing with it fun to me...****us I love over thinking stuff......
    test
  19. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Fo sho. I think Wayne was better during the Carter 3 era personally..he developed a very unique style during that time period, which is what gave him an amazing delivery.
    test
  20. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

I still dont think Wayne was as good in his early years as he was round '04-'08...

Post 2008, idk seems like either the drugs wore him out or he stopped caring so much.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.