top 5 QBs ever in order

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by FlaccoDaGreat, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Dan Reeves was his coach most of his career, he must have been doing something right if he got Denver to 3 Super Bowls and had a 600% winning percentage with them during his tenure. Don't forget that during those first three Super Bowls they did have a good defense, one of the top ranked in 89 and one of the top offenses as well that year.

You brought up what if's first with assumptions that players in the past would be awful if they played today. There is no way of knowing that so basically it's a WHAT IF. It's subjective, because you are going with the assumption that the player wouldn't attempt to adapt to the current game.
    test
  2. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

they were smaller, the game evolved, there are bigger and stronger oh and even faster people now...they didnt allow blacks to play like they do now....unitas couldnt put up the numbers he did back in the day why would someone with better numbers in recent memory be worse than him? they werent as athletically gifted, especially at quarterback...the game is just too sick for them and there are too strong of people they would get rocked and die...

its like comparing:

UFC of the early 90s vs the UFC now

tank abbott is jonny unitas

kimbo slice is bret favre

im sure you get the connection

elway got to 3 superbowls without a real team...he brought the broncos out of the ashes and made them good...finally get him a few real players...2 in a row

they had a good defense your right...elway is the best, look at him on the field he was jesus in pads...
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

The league was integrated in 1946 before Unitas came into the league..So you're arguing the league wasn't as hard nosed back in the day?

So you can't recognize players for their accomplishments in the past?
    test
  4. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

they get recognized of course...but if you are from before the merger, in 1970 you are not as good as the people of todays game for several reasons...they may have dominated the game and all but be serious

and we only talking about quartrbacks remember, this is only applying to QBs...i already said im going on 1970 and later. they were better at that position by then in all facets of the game.

arm strength, accuracy, power, speed, there were more plays, more pass plays, a lot of shit...

unitas would be a probowler a few times now but we talking about the all time elite QBs...they could actually prolly hang today in their prime...but idk unless they started there career all the way over from at least college then they couldnt match the demand and skill of what a QB today does. its common sense to think like that if your trying to really find out who is the best at what they do. just because you did it back in the day dosent make you as good as the ones that already broke your record...this is football no other sport is like this

baseball basketball tennis soccer....everyone throughout history would be even because there isnt a demand on your body and the game doesnt really change...bball got a litttle more finnesse but old skool bball players would more than likley do the same today....

but football is a full fledged team sport. the old QBs wouldnt be able to touch favre of marino....they didnt even play on the same level...im ending it at this

the 2004 USC team or the Texas team vince young was on would beat unitas' baltimore colts in a game...thats how far the gap has been pushed...

only when football actually started getting sick, when the merger happened, thats the cut off...

football was the shit back then dont get me wrong. they were real violent...but elway is the goat dog face it
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Not in baseball, take a pitcher from today's 5 man rotation with pitch counts and put him in the early 1900's and he probably wouldn't make it. You had 3 man rotations then and pitchers were usually expected to go the whole 9 innings. Hell even go back to the 1880's and you had pitchers starting every game and throwing over 600 innings. Shit has changed a lot in the game over the last 130+ years.

Might just me but I think you had to be a tougher player to play back in the day. It's from my experience playing football that I would've really hated to play with little amount of pads and a leather helmet.
    test
  6. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

true.....

but if it was like that today, with no pads and such people would die every week
    test
  7. Constrikta of CVI

Constrikta of CVI Member

1. Joe Montana
    2. Johnny Unitas
    3. Dan Marino
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Sonny Jurgenson
    test
  8. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

thats laughable

no way marino is over favre...favre has more MVPs better numbers and won a superbowl

unitas couldnt play at the level people play now

and elway is better than favre and montana, so he has to be number 1

like i said before prior to 1970 you are not on the same playing field as they are now....

if rex grossman went back in time to play in the 60s and earlier he would be a hall of famer
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

flicco should be in the poetry forum, not the sports forum
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.