Top 5 new cats killing the game.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by blacknacoustic, Jul 20, 2013.

1. blacknacoustic

blacknacoustic Member

Who are some of your fav new cats that are killing the game right now. Personally im really liking Ill Will (even tho hes technically not new on the scene, he's new to URL), Tone Montana, Rum Nitty, KG the Poet, and 100 Bulletz. And runners up still rocking with JC, Konshis Pilot (not sure if hes new but im really liking his flow.)
    test
  2. JZer0T

JZer0T New Member

Tone Montana, his energy is different. I can't compare him to anyone and he spits decent shit.
    KG the Poet is on the come up in my list too.
    test
  3. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

These five cats are killing it at the moment:

[​IMG]
    test
  4. JZer0T

JZer0T New Member

test
  5. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

Bigg K is simple, but really polished.
    Tone Montana is one of my favorite vocalists in battle-rap.
    Chilla Jones takes word-play to the next level, he just needs to be more combative and supplement his complexities with more direct insults to satisfy live crowds.
    test
  6. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

It's hard to really define some of these guys as new when a lot of up and comers have been putting in work for a minute and just now are getting shine but fuck it, might as well list everyone who is just now making a name for themselves in the big leagues. My favorite up and comers at the moment are, in no order,
    J-Pro
    KG the Poet
    Rum Nitty
    Ill Will
    Bigg K

Honorable mention to Chilla, JC, Bulletz, B-Magic, The Deadman, Big Kannon, Lotta Zay, Remy D
    test
  7. Dusted77

Dusted77 Active Member

remy, chilla, JC, magic, big K, big Kannon etc aren't new comers..all have been battling 4 + years ...lmaoooo...also j pro was in wrc or summin which was 10 + years ago.
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I thought I had a whole paragraph addressing that...oh wait, I did.

Might as well group all up and comers together imo. "Newness" is arbitrary when most guys that are considered new didn't just start rapping yesterday.
    test
  9. Dusted77

Dusted77 Active Member

my bad..only looked at your names never read the preceding paragraph but I think the term up and comers can't be used for rappers like remy who have been battling for long time even if it is in smaller leagues like ss etc
    test
  10. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I know what you're saying and I'm not trying to take anything away from people's vet status but that's basically the way it is for most these guys, regardless of their background. Putting in that work may give someone more opportunities from their peers who respect their craft or the organizers setting up the battles but to many of the fans of the leagues and the leagues themselves, people may have paid their dues elsewhere but it doesn't necessarily get them special privileges.

Maybe I'm mislabeling here but if you don't call someone who is reestablishing themselves and attempting to capitalize on a new buzz, an "up and comer", what do you call them?

2Chainz is 35 and was in the 2012 XXL Freshmen issue after having been signed to DTP back in 2007. People are treating him like a new artist and he deserves that. If you missed the bus the first time and finally start making some noise, you don't deserve to be grouped in with the other new up and comers who are also just being recognized?
    test
  11. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

100 Bullets, JC, B Magic and Chilla

The Four Horsemen
    test
  12. dieversecity

dieversecity Residuals.

Bmagics homie T dubb O goes in
    test
  13. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

KG the Poet
    100 Bulletz
    Shuffle T
    test
  14. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

Me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    test
  15. antilluminati

Wouldn't it realistically be Joey Badass, Action Bronson, Freddie Gibbs, Kendrick Lamarr and Ab-Soul?..
    test
  16. antilluminati

Trolling aside:

..on the battle scene I'd say

100 Bullets, JC, J-Pro, Dialect and KG has impressed a lot recently or within the last battles they had.
    test
  17. UgOtWaShEd

UgOtWaShEd Member

ILL MUTHFUCKING WILL IS A BEAST.

I Also like KG and Sno from pg.
    test