"Top 10 Most Stanned Pro Athletes" R Littal •••••••••••••••••.com

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by EliteProducer, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliteProducer

EliteProducer New Member

The Top 10 Most Stanned Athletes
    Written by Robert Littal for http://www.••••••••••••.com

Most of you should be familiar with the Eminem song “Stan” (If you haven't just play the video above). If you are not basically it is about a fan who becomes a stalker (i.e. Stan). In the world of sports a “Stan” is someone who universally supports an athlete and refuses to see any faults in the athlete regardless of how obvious those faults are. Lets use Dwyane Wade as an example of the difference between a fan and a “Stan”.

Fan- Wade is an excellent all around player. He makes the Heat go, he was the main reason why they won the Finals. He has to be considered one of the top 5 players in the game right now.

Stan- Wade is crushing all those kids; he is 10 times better than Kobe and 100 times better than Lebron. He could score 100 points in a game if he wanted to, but see Wade he is a team player, I mean he carried those scrubs Walker and Peyton to a championship. They should kiss his feet really. If I was his teammate I would call him everyday thanking him for getting me a ring. He is the truth.

Without further ado here are the 10 most “Stanned” athletes in the world of sports:

10- Shaq

You will be surprised how far a good sound bite and fun loving attitude will take you in this world. Shaq will go down as one of the greatest centers of all time. In my book of greatest centers he is only behind Wilt and Russell. But he does have some faults that his “Stans” fail to acknowledge.

He hasn’t always been in the best shape, he has never shoulder some of the blame for his failed relationships with Penny and Kobe (even though to his credit he didn’t repeat the mistakes with Wade), he pouts when things don’t go his way, his free throw shooting is a detriment to his team no matter what he says and he has never been called on the calculated way he was able to get out of LA (turned out to be a smart move on his part).

9- Curt Shilling

I am still trying to figure out the difference between Curt Shilling and Terrell Owens. Both talk too much, both criticize management, both came up big while playing hurt (Curt with his fake bloody sock and T.O. with his ankle in the Super Bowl) and both normally split a locker room.

For some reason though Shilling gets a passed even though some of the comments he makes are more outrageous than Owens. He went in front of Congress (still don’t know why he was even asked) called Jose Conseco a bold face liar, only to find out that everything Conseco said was true.

8- Tiger Woods

Here is the thing about Tiger. The Tiger in the TV commercials is absolutely nothing like the Tiger in person. This not unusual for athletes, but with Tiger it is a complete 180. Speaking with a person who goes to major golf tournaments, Tiger is a foul mouth, beer drinking, life of the party type of guy when he is around his buddies. While playing he can be down right evil. His biggest “Stan” is the PGA Tour who routinely overlooks his transgression because he is their cash cow.

7- Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis went from most hated to most Stanned for two reasons. He won a Super Bowl and he was a good sound bite. ESPN became his most famous “Stan” when the put a microphone on him for what seem like 100 consecutive games when he was playing.

No one seems to want to acknowledge that while he is still a good LB he is no where near the level he was 3-4 years ago. This perception that he is still feared around the league is laughable and is simply a media and “Stan” creation.

6- Michael Vick

Mike Vick’s “Stans” motto is that stats don’t matter. The reason why is because statistically speaking Vick is an average QB. The disconnect comes from the fact that Vick’s “Stans” see him as an elite QB and to be honest that is just not the case. They give varying excuses which have some validity like poor WRs or bad coaching, but you rarely see them lay any blame to Vick even though he is a big part of the problem

Vick is a special athlete, but regardless of what any of the “Stans” say to be a Super Bowl champion QB you have to be able to complete passes from the pocket. I could care less how many times he runs the ball, he could rush for 1500 yards for all I care, but I need to know if it I 3rd and 15th and there is no place to run will he be able to complete the pass and keep the drive moving. Until he does that on a consistent basis he will be the ultimate tease.

5- Roger Clemens

I want you to erase from your mind that I am talking about Roger Clemens and I told you there was a player who:

1- Was in his 40’s throwing the ball as hard as he was in the 20’s
    2- Has full access of the team’s private jet.
    3- Doesn’t have to be with the team on road trips when he doesn’t pitch.
    4- Is making more per month right now than A Rod.
    5- Is allowed to leave games early.

If I told you that and you said “Oh I don’t think nothing is unusual about that at all”. Then you are a “Stan”.
    -----------------

To see numbers 1-5 please visit http://www.••••••••••••.com
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Post #1-5....that is interesting.

I'd guess Lebron is up there, maybe Reggie Bush.
    test
  3. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

Number 1 is probably Peyton Manning.
    test
  4. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

whats that link?
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

The Prince, and a few others but i cant remember names.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.