Too much of the same thing?

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Teen Prodigy, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

I'm talking about the new breed of female R & B artist... are they all too much the same? You have Ciara, Tierrae Marie (sp?), Brooke Valentine, Tyra, and Keisha Cole all trying to occupy the same space. As far as all those artists go it looks like Ciara is on top of the heap right now.... but what of the rest of them?

Thoughts?
    test
  2. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Definitely too many artists of the same kind.
    test
  3. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

People think they the same cuz they young females, but only people who stand out between ur list is Keyshia Cole & Ciara because they try different things.

I dunno about Brooke's stuff.

I think Tyra was a joke lol
    test
  4. Threshhold of intel

Threshhold of intel cleveland is the city...

^^^^^^^^^ i agree keysha coles is cold on the voice tip...i like her cuts.......
    and ciara i just love her melody's..its almost reminds me of beyonce in her early destiny's child days...it all most sound like there verses could be rapped....
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

they are all different

Ciara - the best out of them, got it all looks, voice, presence, personality, dance moves, songs...but bad boyfriend choice...can't date lil bow wow and continue to have credibility. That's the lame move of the century right there...what is she thinking? Date a basketball player or somebody...whatever....

Tierra Marie - has a chance to make it but I don't know...she like a weaker Ciara...she's on the Roc though...can dance a lil she aight....but she got a pretty face...which can keep her around.

Brooke Valentine - great voice bad song choices her album was trash...she might be a one hit wonder...we'll see...pretty face... Dance? Probably not...but got lungs for days

Keyshia Cole - the best singer out of the group...her debut album was so tight (even if it had old songs). It was one of the best this year so far. Pretty face and body. Dance? Probably not but can belt out those notes. great songs

Tyra - one hit wonder...I liked that song too...oh well

you forgot AMERIE - She may be the best out the group though for real....Her voice is a real instrument. Fresh sound, fresh beats, gorgeous, can dance a lil bit

I also seen a gul singing some reggae on TV today...her name was Rihanna or something similar. She was so BAD like a young Vivica Fox. Damn dat gul was looking good. Her voice was good too and she was doing those reggae dances. Anybody ever heard of her? She might be able to blow on the real.

Anyway out of those in this order Ciara, Amerie, Keyshia Cole....the rest probably won't be remembered as anything special
    test
  6. X sample

X sample New Member

mariah cut them all down though...showed them wassup with her new album...
    test
  7. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

^^
    Yep I agree.

I love Mariah, and this album I think was one of her best. :D
    test
  8. Teen Prodigy

I didn't include Amerie because she just released her second album.. all the others came onto the scene either this year or last. Compared to the people on this list Amerie is something of a veteran... imagine that.

Anyone who thinks Ciara has anything more than an average voice is in need of hearing aids.
    test
  9. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

Thats YOUR opinion yo.
    test
  10. PimpetteRah!

PimpetteRah! ehrjwhrwejkhr!

I heard that
    test
  11. Teen Prodigy

Well, naturally. I can't speak for anyone else on here.. all I can give you is my opinion.

Is it your opinion that Ciara has an above average voice?
    test
  12. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I have the same opinion about Ciara as Teen Prodigy.. I have only heard a few of her songs and they have good beats but im not impressed with her singing at all from what I have heard..
    test
  13. GEMiNiXtCy

GEMiNiXtCy Caribbean Vibe

Ciara has definitely been promoted well, she has good people on her team. That's why she is hot and everywhere now...however her songs are club songs and have been murdered by tv and radio. She can dance. Her voice is good over the tracks, but longevity I'm not sure. One more thng though, why did she get the Sammy Davis Jr award at the Soul Train Awards back in March......?

I really don't have much of an opinion on Brooke V. except ..where she go ? I figured her album wasn't tight cause girlfight wasn't making me that interested in her.

As far as Keyshia Cole goes I don't think she is much of a dancer, she is more of a vocalist. I think she had good people on her team as well and she has potential of being around for awhile. However I would like to hear sometimes on the radio then again "word of mouth" is just as good.
    test
  14. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Keysha Coles is the best of the bunch..Ciara..eh..I like "Oh" but thats it..

THE REST ARE ALL GIMMICKS...
    test
  15. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

I share the same sentiments as Teen Prodigy concerning Ciara's vocal ability.

Ciara being an "average" singer is not opinion, it is a fact.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.