Tony Romo is Worthless

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Saurus, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

fuck jerry jones doe. the cowboys have too much money tied up in stars and have glaring weaknesses year after year. tony will always be my nigga
    test
  2. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

Just sayin but... If battlers are gonna call this place out for being troll infested, shouldn't they not have things like this
    test
  3. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

Dead@people having faith in Romo, knowing he's going to crash and burn at any moment.

The Cowboys defense sucked balls too. Bob Ryan had no game plan.
    test
  4. mbbaldwyn

mbbaldwyn Member

test
  5. Beggtodiffer

Beggtodiffer Certified BreastInspector

[​IMG]

Tony is SO generous. Gotta love em
    test
  6. sockruhtese

sockruhtese Member

Shocked at all the coaches that were fired today.
    test
  7. smacking bunz

smacking bunz Awful Poster, Ok Tagger

test
  8. smacking bunz

This thread is absolute greatness.
    test
  9. HASH WEDNESDAY

HASH WEDNESDAY Member

nuff said, skins fans? any? doubt it
    test
  10. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

the rb abandoned the pa to pick up a blitz in that gif, that happens multiple times in every game. smh at you 5'8, 13 inch vert nerds tryna dissect a mans game
    test
  11. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

As the sample size grows, players usually tend towards their career performance levels. There may be a bit of truth to being "clutch", but most of it is usually the random variation of a one game sample combined with people ascribing a narrative. People were saying Mark Sanchez was clutch because he kept getting to the AFC championship, and now he may be out of the league. Do we really think he'd magically "turn it on" if he somehow made the playoffs this year (really a testament to how bad the AFC was that the Jets were in control of their own destiny with 3 weeks to go)?

That being said I'm a bit biased since Romo was a key part of my fantasy championship this year. Thank god we didn't play Week 17 lol.
    test
  12. serge

serge Well-Known Member

No one has ever said that Sanchez is clutch, they said that the Jets won in spite of him and once he blew up, they'd be a problem. That never happened.

Sanchez is the AFC Tony Romo
    test
  13. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

Disagree.

Agree with Serge. Sanchez won because he had weapons around him. This year he lost Dustin Keller, Santonio Holmes and their second round pick Stephen Hill. His receivers were Chaz Schillens, Jeremy Kerley and Clyde Gates. No QB in the NFL is going to win with that lack of talent around you even as bad as Sanchez is...

[​IMG]
    test
  14. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

No one said Sanchez, sorry, "Sanchize", was clutch?

What is this video supposed to imply then (first result I got for "Mark Sanchez is clutch")? Dude is good with transmissions?

Mark Sanchez " CLUTCH Highlights" [HD] - YouTube

Fuck it though I'm not here to convince anyone clutch is overrated, I don't even like the Cowboys. Happy New Year, be ready to welcome the new Niner overlords into the league. Just consider the possibility that football is random as fuck since there are so few games and only one game playoffs. The better team usually can get to the playoffs (Romo was a Dez Bryant hand away let's be real), but not necessarily always win like in basketball or tennis. You have never seen an 8 seed win the NBA finals or a 16 seed get to the Final Four, yet 6 seeds can win the Super Bowl.
    test
  15. serge

serge Well-Known Member

You can make a "clutch" highlight reel for any QB, including Romo. Sanchez ran into his teammates ass. Face first.
    test
  16. smacking bunz

Completely fucking gone @ that Sanchez ass sack gif.

That shit's even funnier than the Romo play action fail.
    test
  17. mbbaldwyn

mbbaldwyn Member

I'm a giants fan and hate seeing my team play him twice a year cause he can have great moments. The fact remains though that until he can do anything in the post season, or atleast get to it he will be widely be considered a joke.
    test
  18. Frankie Wapps

Frankie Wapps New Member

Romo stats wise is not a bad qb. as far as getting him quality recognition in the clutch come post season, not so much. ranked number 7 over a lotta cats who are probably gonna out score him but as a fantasy asset i wouldn't mind grabbing him round 6 and on. could also be that he looks like a total dufus alongside that eli down syndrome face look. now him being in the HOF, i dunno man. get a ring and consistency under his belt and he still has a way to go.

whoever shit on Christian Ponder has to hate him. he isn't shit and his team (even though he's got AP) made playoffs. he shows great potential throwing 352 yds against washington and not a bad showing against GB last game.
    test
  19. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

Ponder sucks but I can fake like him as long the W's come
    test
  20. Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse Hermit, no crabs

Hey Pete, you should've banked on my home-team instead, but I'm sure Mickey is more worthless.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.