Tony Rich Project

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Ignorant, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Anybody like him? I never could get into him in the beginning because I thought he sounded too much like Babyface... just like Jon B. and Robin Thicke. However, I heard his new album Exist and it's not bad... he's lost much of the Babyface sound.
    test
  2. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

When you have billions of people in the world, some are going to have similar voiced :eek:
    test
  3. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Man. I've been jumping up and down for Tony Rich for a long time. He's one of the realest cats out there right now and he's willing to do his own thing.

I highly recommend you check out all of his albums if you haven't yet. Resurrected is kind of weak but that's mostly because it's so different (almost rock).

Exist is an outstanding album though. That's why I was screaming last year that I Wanna Be or Anymore should be the tracks of the year. Great stuff.

As for the similarities to babyface, Tony Rich actually mentioned it in an interview at Interview: Tony Rich - Singer, Songwriter, and Producer - Blogcritics Music

It's a GREAT interview with Tony Rich and I highly recommend it if you're into his music, or really anything that happened at LA Face as he talks a good amount about his going ons there.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I've already ordered Exist... I liked the samples I heard a lot.
    test
  5. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Let me know what you think when you get it. It took me 3 or 4 listens to really settle into it but it's a solid album.
    test
  6. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

he only had that one song that was good.
    test
  7. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

for real? Have you listened to his other stuff?

He only had one song that was a hit, but he had tons that were good.
    test
  8. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

I bought the album but only listened to about half of it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
    test
  9. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

yea, it definitely takes a few listens to get into Tony Rich. Jordan, Wanna Be and Anymore are probably the best.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.