told ya'll ilgauskas is as much as a force as shaq is

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

And the Knicks weren't a completely different team last night entering the 4th quarter up by 18 aganist the Cavs?
    test
  2. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Have you been watching the knicks lately? DO you see the way they have completly given up on Brown?

I dont see how you can they were a diffrent team last night the cavs without Z just arent that good.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Z is as much of a force as an injured Shaq.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

wade losses without shaq its because he needs him...

bron losses without Z to the worst team in the league its because the knicks played a good game.

The hate is amazing.
    test
  5. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

shaq has taken two teams to the nba finals, won three championships, averaged basically 25 pts. and 10 reb. per game for several seasons in a row, and is considered one of the best players in nba history.

don't even put z in the same sentence as shaq, nigga.

they're slightly comparable now, that shaq is almost in his mid-30's and has had injury problems for the past three seasons.
    test
  6. Iceodu921

^no1 said Z is in the same class as shaq.

Im saying its hard to replace a center who can score. Z can score so of course the cavs struggle without him. Similar to the heat struggling without shaq. It doesnt mean wade or bron are bad players or a knock against them as these haters have been trin to say about wade.
    test
  7. Purple Haze

Exactly.

Don't mind the fact LeBron and the Cavs SPANKED the fuck outta of the sixers on monday without Z, the night after the sixers beat the Knicks.
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Word. They're ignoring that on purpose though. The Knicks last two wins are over the Cavs and Pistons. lol.. shit happens.. although I'll admit we have a weakness to guards who score/penetrate in the backcourt, we are still a better team than the one who lost to NY.

To me, the impact Z has on the Cavs has little to no comparison that the impact Shaq has on the Heat.

Z is not a strong post presence- he's a good center, I'll give you that Iceodu. But centers like Ben Wallace and Marcus Camby are stronger in the post, even if they don't have the same offensive capability. Z also is weak on defense.

Yes the Cavs are 0-2 without Z this year.

But.. Z is the only member of our last playoff team in 98. If he was such a factor, we should've at least been in the playoffs a number of times. Before LeBron came the Cavs won 17 games. 17 GAMES. I think Z played in 81 that year.

When in the world would Shaq EVER win just 17 games? Shaq's teams probably win 17 games out of their first 25 at worst.

You all are overrating Z's impact. His loss hurts, like any player loss hurts- but I would without question rather have Larry Hughes all year than Z all year.

Any team losing a player or a post player hurts, but fact of the matter is, D-Wade plays with TWO OF THE STRONGEST post players (centers) in the league. Please don't make a comparison. There is none. End of discussion.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Yeah, because the last two championship teams have had centers who can score.. it's so vital. [funny]

Z only attracted the interest of two teams in free agency. Cavs and the Hawks. And the Hawks sign everything and anything in sight thinking they'll have a team someday so they don't even count.

A good center he is.. player who provides tremendous impact he is not.

It's not something I can prove, but theres been a ton of games recently where Z has been riding the pine late in games in favor of Varejo.

On offense he's a 7 footer, on defense he's a midget. The Cavs had a bad shooting night, but I'm not going to credit that all to the Knicks defense (lmao @ me saying "Knicks defense"). 94 points is still near their season average... without Z. They lost to the Knicks and they lost to the Hawks for the same reason they lose a lot of games: they didn't defend.

And don't say Z is a huge boost to their defense. He isn't. There have been plenty o' Raymond Felton's and Gilbert Arenaseseses that go to the rack at will when Z is playing.
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

lol.. I won't speak on Phoenix, but minus LeBron the Cavs have a total of TWO all star apperances on their roster.

I wouldn't say LeBron's supporting cast is that underrated. The reason LeBron is second in the league in minutes is because when he's not on the floor they play lost and confused and barely can maintain a lead most of the time. He has a decent supporting cast.. nothing like Wade's.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

Nash is the favorite homie.

For the other players to rise above him, they have to simply do that.. rise above. They can't slip or stumble down the stretch. I'll admit- losing to the knicks is a huge slip. Wade losing without Shaq- when the main knock against him in the race is that he has Shaq on his team- is a slip.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

Nawt.

I don't think the Knicks were ever playing ok ball. They have 20 wins. Regardless, we should never lose to the Knicks.. Z or not. Saying "you lost to the Knicks without Z" when we lost to the Knicks WITH Z is a pointless argument. The Knicks were never playing well enough to be considered a better team than Cleveland.

He matters. Just not as much as you want him to.

Huh?
    test
  13. Iceodu921

lol..

they were playing ok that was during their lone long winning streak. As prince said everytime gets hot that was their streak.

last statement i think i meant lbj knows his teammates are decent players, thats why he passes off during high pressure situations.

Idk y everyone acts like its him and a bunch of d leaguers.
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

I don't think you understood what I said. They've never played well enough to be considered a team than can beat a middle of the pack team like the Cavaliers. I'm not going to make an excuse.. they beat us twice- I just think it's stupid to act like they were that much of a better team when they beat us with Z in the line-up. They might've been playing better but to put it simply, they've never been a decent club this season.

He's unselfish and smart on the floor.

But there was no reason for him to pass off to Larry Hughes. Especially when they didn't NEED a 3. I'm quite confident they could've won in OT with the way they played in the 4th. Bad decision. Win some, lose some as they say.

I don't think his cast are d leaguers. You can't win by yourself, I'm one of the biggest supporters of that. I think his cast is decent but just nowhere near as good as D-Wades. Like I said in the last post.. two all star appearances on the Cavalier roster. 2. Not two this season. TWO. Other than LeBron.. just two. Shaq alone has more than 5 times that amount.
    test
  15. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

no. LAST YEAR'S team was leagues better than Lebron's. not this year's team. who do we have. an average Jason Williams that can't even stay healthy. antoine walker? a very inconsistent player that plays more bad games than good (hell, last night he shot 3-11 for six damn points). Gary Payton? another inconsistent player who shouldn't even be playing in this league any more? shit, he went to 2-10. he'll once in a blue shoot the occasional 3. but NOT often enough. Wade and Shaq were the only ones shooting at least 50%.

come on. don't act like Wade's supporting cast is that great when it isn't.
    test
  16. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

DENVER (AP) -- Kobe Bryant can have the scoring title. Carmelo Anthony is cementing himself as the NBA's best in the clutch.

Anthony's jumper with 3.8 seconds left in overtime gave the Denver Nuggets a 110-108 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night. It was the eighth time this season he's made a big shot in the waning seconds.

"I live for stuff like that, getting the ball in the last seconds," Anthony said. "Whether I make the shot or miss it, I would rather put that pressure on me."

^^^ Lebron should take a note of that.
    test
  17. the Prince

the Prince New Member

the activist is the truth
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

WTF? You have one of the top 5 records in the NBA...

Great cast.

Wade didn't get that record by his lonesome.

Even if you say Wade has a slightly above average cast.. I don't know how you can look at the rosters and say it's in the same class as LeBron's.

Even before the season started, not one person on earth projected the Cavs to be the better team.

lol @ Wade and Shaq are the only ones shooting 50%. Newsflash: Shooting 50% is not an easy thing to do.. especially when you shoot three pointers. Wade and Shaq don't do that, so it's a lot easier for them.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

lol.. stop sweating him.

Anything to put LeBron down, I swear. Make a post without comparing someone to LeBron.

Carmelo is more clutch than LeBron, I never said he wasn't.
    test
  20. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

Lebron almost always passes up that game winning shot. that what sets Carmelo and D-Wade apart from Lebron.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.