told ya'll ilgauskas is as much as a force as shaq is

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Prince

the Prince New Member

big z sits, cleveland loses to the new york knicks of all teams

if people want to say wade would be nothing without shaq then you better believe lebron and the cavs would be hovering at .500 without big z
    test
  2. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

exactly the point i made in the other thread.

when you lost your post presence you'll struggle.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Nah, if they even had a decent center like Okur or Dampier they would have won.

They played Anderson Varejao for the starting center for god sakes. Plus we were bound to win after a 9 game losing streak.
    test
  4. the Prince

the Prince New Member

bullshit

ilgauskas is to cleveland as shaq is to miami
    test
  5. Iceodu921

like the way the heat use doleac and every1 said it was cause shaq was out..

theirs no excuse to lossing to the knicks.
    test
  6. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

exactly. you hit it right on the head.

------------------------------------------------------

from ESPN:

In losing to the Knicks, LeBron James dished to Larry Hughes for an open 3, which would have won it, instead of taking a final tying shot himself. Was that the right move?

LeBron has to shoot it. They were down 18 in the fourth quarter, and they had tied it because LeBron stepped up and scored 21 of his 36 points in the fourth. If he's good enough to get you to the dance, he should be good enough to win it.

When he made that pass to Larry, he's got to know this is only Hughes' second game back. You don't expect Larry to have the legs and stamina to make a shot at that point in the game.

LeBron has that type of talent where if he's going to reach a level of greatness, then he's going to have to face the fears of losing that game. Because in the long term, he needs to accept the responsiblity of losing the game, just as he accepts the responsibility for getting them back.

There's only about five players who can play at that level at that stage of the game. With greatness comes responsibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

lol @ this.

Did you all forget that we lost to the Knicks earlier this year WITH ILLGAUSKAS?

Sorry, try again but thanks for playing.

They put up their best offensive performance of the year after Z went down in the Sixers game. They followed it up with one of their worst against the Knicks.

It's about matchups. Cavs struggle with teams who have players that can score in the backcourt, and as I've said in the past.. we probably have the worst defense against penetration in the NBA. Those reasons are why I'm a little worried about playing Washington in the first round (although that's my first time mentioning it- I much rather us be matched up with Milwaukee or Indiana).

Jamal Crawford has been a Cavalier assassin, even when he was rocking a red and white jersey. Our announcers kept mentioning it everytime he scored. Literally.

I stand by what I said, Z is not AS IMPORTANT as Shaq is to the Heat. There's no doubt a post presence is vital to every team. But you all are doing nothing more but steering clear of the original argument. There is basically no comparison whatsoever between Z and Shaq. Z is not even a major force in the post and he takes a lot of perimiter shots that Shaq simply does not take. The only positive thing Z brings to his post game is offensive rebounding.. that's basically it.

By the way Iceodu, I like the way you try to boast and act like you have some major point about the "post presence" as if I didn't school you on it orginally in a Wade-Shaq-Zo related argument. I could sue you for plagiarism.. easily.
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't type of situation.

I would say passing to LH in his second game back behind the arc wasn't the smart decision.. THAT time. He must've confused him for this guy:

[​IMG]

Plus they were dominating them in the 4th quarter.. oops, I mean LeBron was dominating in the 4th quarter.. I think in that situation you've got to play for the extra period and just hope you can carry your momentum over from the 4th into the overtime.

And yes I do remember those who said "so what it was the Bobcats." I recall saying he'd still be attacked if he missed it, whether it was the Bobcats or not. Well here we have the Knicks.. worse than the Bobcats.. and you're attacking. Shocking.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Also from the same ESPN page activist grabbed that from:

"Jon (Cleveland, OH): The Cavaliers most likely will win at least 50 games this year, and LeBron has scored at least 35 points in each of the past 7 games. Why does he get no mention whenever the MVP award is discussed?

Chris Broussard: I'm glad you brought that up. I was thinking about that today. I think LeBron has to get serious consideration. He was my preseason pick. I have been saying Nash this season, and I still favor him slightly. But LeBron is coming on hard. He's making a hard case over Dirk, Kobe. He's a strong No. 2 candidate. You look at that roster without Larry Hughes and there's not much. That roster is nothing to shout about. Steve Nash, without Amare, that roster isn't terrific either, but they have more. You could argue LeBron is doing it with less than Nash is doing it. The Cavs are not as strong as the Suns. But if you look at LeBron's numbers, they are terrific. We've seen few people in history do what he's doing. Right now, I'm leaning to Nash, but I wouldn't be in an uproar if he did get it."

Again, he's playing his best ball in the most important part of the season. Player of the month for march, leading the league in scoring for the month and dropping 8 boards and 6.6 assists. Franchise tie for wins in the month. And only player in the NBA this year to win player of the week three consecutive weeks in a row.

It's hard to ignore. I think he's surpassed Wade in the discussion.

I think it's Nash then LeBron.

Although, unlike Wade's supporters ignoring his disappearing acts.. I will say a loss to the Knicks hurts his chances to finish runner up and get 50 wins. They have to finish 5-2 with games at Detroit, at Washington and at New Jersey. It'll be tough.
    test
  10. Purple Haze

test
  11. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

his disappearing acts? what are you talking about? the game against Detroit where he messed up his wrist THE NIGHT BEFORE in Minnesota which severely messed up his up game which was extremely obvious.

or the other night against Milwaukee where he had 14 pts, 8 rebs., 8 assists, 2 stl, and 1 blk. and that game Pat Riley's plan was to get the whole team involved and NOT count on D-Wade. get outta here man.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

That helps him in the MVP race?

My point is his supporters ignore the shit like that.

His losses without Shaq and yes his two disappearing acts late in the season.. hurt him in the race. That's all I've been saying.

I got why people though Wade was more valuable than LeBron up until February. Even though I didn't agree with it then.

Now not only do I not agree with it, it just flat out doesn't make much sense anymore.
    test
  13. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

so Steve Nash's HORRIBLE performance against the clippers (4-11 FG, 0-1 FT, 9 pts, 5 assists, 3 rebs) is going to hurt his MVP race? no. and that was by far the worst performance this year from any MVP candidate. and he wasn't hurt at all. i knew Wade wasn't going to win it over Nash anyway tho.

the point is, everyone has bad games. everyone. Wade only had TWO "disappearing acts" outta how many games??? come on man. you're better than that.
    test
  14. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

and say what you want about Illgauskus, but with out him, the Cavs would've lost a bit more games this season. that's what happens when you lose that post presense. and a lot of games Shaq's been in he's been almost non existant anyway.

and now i read in the Miami Herald that J-Will is out for the rest of the season. so no J-Will, no James Posey.
    test
  15. Iceodu921

wow at how underrated the cavs and suns supporting cast is and how overrated their stars become.
    test
  16. the Prince

the Prince New Member

iceodu is the truth (except the mets making it to the nlcs)
    test
  17. Iceodu921

lol @ grob you schooled me in a shaq zo wade convo? lol r u delisional homie.

THe knicks beat the cavs earlier when they were playing ok ball. Right now they are playing as bad as any team in history. Your team was hot and they lose. THats pathetic.

I believe UCLA could come to the garden and beat the knicks by 20. That is how bad they are playing.

Lol @ grob acting like Z doesnt matter. LBJ knows his teammates are str8 hence why he passes off on high pressure situations why dont you?

JC>LBJ
    test
  18. Purple Haze

The only time Knicks were playing decent was around New Years.
    test
  19. the Prince

the Prince New Member

and you immediately thought playoffs, but the Prince shot you down saying "all teams go on a hot streak - the knicks will go back to playing shitty basketball like they are used to"

cha-ching
    test
  20. Iceodu921

you do realize thats when we beat the cavs.

so ya that was a completly diffrent team at that time then the one that beat the cavs yesterday.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.