To wear or not to wear fur, that's the question.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

gala tea, mikalla ocean and lobotomy lucille in one thread.

fix me some supper, bitches!
    test
  2. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

I would. what do you fancy?
    test
  3. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

Box i imagine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896
    test
  4. Mikaella Ocean

test
  5. liquid`acid

Eeewww dont be gross ms ocean

test
  6. Mikaella Ocean

test
  7. liquid`acid

Hahahaha omg

That dog is killin me

test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny:

Aww @ that dog though...
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I hear you...I know a lot of people who feel the same way ~ it's more along the killing animals for decoration or abuse that they are against. All about adopt over buy or breed and etc...

But what most people probably aren't aware of is, that 70% of fur used in fashion comes from dogs and I am way AGAINST that.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

occasionally i wear a fur coat and leather gloves while eating veal.

anything involving dead animals >>>>>

that lady gaga meat coat was brilliant. fuck PETA. guarantee if a tiger is chasing a peta girl, she's gonna let the hunter that shoots that tiger put various things in her pooper.

if i ever wear a fur coat and someone throws paint on it, they better be a fuckin olympic sprinter to avoid the beating i throw them
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

in the meantime though:

[youtube]IA4FHJm2t_g[/youtube]
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ace Ventura >>>
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

If you're already fighting against something, you can't throw everything into the same basket, as one gets inadvertently labeled as free army for major political or equity interests, which are eager of getting their hands on populist individualists.

Activists against wearing fur will never understand that we have many kinds of fur (depending on the origin and processing) and it's about a completely different issue.

I'm not in a mood to elaborate that if certain activists who wear artificial synthetic clothing for €/$/£9.99 ~ production of which destroys thousands of animals, as well as whole ecosystems, not to mention causes sickness and dying of children in Asian underground garment factories (if you happened to notice, that seeing a cobra skinned affects people much more than seeing a dismembered eight-year-old girl, that has been packaged for the trade of human organs), I really adore what activists do, of course, yes. But quite differently.

However I am in the mood to explain something. Hunting is legal and legitimate, of course, within the set laws, rules and regulations surrounding it. Tanning and processing of fur as well. The same applies to selling and wearing. These are the facts. So there shouldn't be such victimization and mistreating of ladies or gentlemen who like to wear fur, it's absolutely nothing more than a rough intrusion into their privacy.

The fact that a singer, a politician or public employee may not appear in mink, without being condemned by hundreds of people whose only contact with any kind of the fox/mink in their life is via the internet, of course, is outrageous.

If I'm not mistaken, kosher killings are supposedly done in such a manner that the animal doesn't suffer as much ~ but I could be wrong.
    test
  14. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

activists are usually very well informed.
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

^ that made me laugh.
    test
  16. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

heheh me too when I saw it a second time.

I'll change it to "some" activists
    test
  17. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

To me, it matters more how the animal died than anything else. I find fur in fashion to be unnecessary, but if the animal died of natural causes (or at least wasn't killed for fur) then I don't see a problem with it. I'd actually consider it efficient.

Now, if someone is going up north and clubbing baby seals to death for fur (or any other reason for that matter), then I have a problem.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Fair enough.
    test
  19. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

My initial reaction is to be against fur entirely, since I'd never wear it. (Although I don't see it as a fashion option for men anyway)

But as I think about it, if the animal is already dead then it really doesn't matter. In addition, I'd imagine that the meat industry does much worse to animals than the fur industry, so I do understand a bit of hypocrisy in those that protest furs but still eat meat. (Then again I'd argue that meat is more useful and necessary than fur)

I guess I turned from out right against it to being neutral. :)
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'll take a small farm for example; a couple of cows, few chickens, a pig or two, a rabbit or three, a few sheep (depending on the location of the farm) ~ all those animals are there for their sole purpose of being used for what they naturally have to offer ~ meat, eggs, wool, and of course leather for either clothing or rugs (cow, sheep) ~ and that is what animals sort of represent and have been representing in that specific environment for ages. And when an animal gets slaughtered, the farmers usually make sure, that every bit of the animal gets used in one way or another.

Going back to the meat industry ~ those animals are staying in less than inhuman conditions, and get mistreated to the very end. But still we (apart from vegans and vegetarians) eat that meat, without really thinking baout how it got to the store's cooling fridges and freezers.

A person wearing leather shoes and protesting against fur should be asked to fall back. So leather shoes are ok, but fur is bad? In both cases animals had to die, but the manner in which they probably died differs, since I know a lot of furry animals get electroschoked in order for the fur to come off more easily, etc. The fashion in which they go about it, is brutal. And should be changed.

Will I ever sport a chichilla fur coat? Never. Nor will I sport any type of animal that's on the brink of extinction. I do however have a few leather jackets, and fur coats.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.