To tint or not to tint

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by zyclon B gas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

Do you tint the windows on your car?

If so, how low do you go?

Have you ever gotten in trouble if you got pulled over for it being too dark?

Is there a law for how dark it can be?

If you don't, why not?

Jews?
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ok..basically tinting is darkening of the glass with bonding film/foil on existing glass from the inside.

It's pros:

~ The car actually gets less heated when exposed to the sun, because film/foil is impermeable to all UV rays. The main catch of it is that sun rays can't heat up the inside of the car (plastic parts), which then act as a furnace.

~ Of course, nevertheless the winshield has to be somehow protected from intrusion of sun rays when the car is parked (cardboard protection or something)

~ And you can't get sunburnt.

~ After 5 to 10 years windows still look the same, since the foil is extremely durable.

As for the rules go, I'm not sure how the States regulation tinting and of homologation go, but over here the front windows may be tinted to 10%, while the last 55% permeability to light, the windshield may not be tinted at all by the new regulations. And yes, in order to have it homologated one needs all the necessary papers and to be approved.

Yes, you can get in trouble if the tint is too dark.

Why Jews?
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I didn't tint the windows in any of my cars, but my brother has in the past, it took about 5-6 hrs to get it done, cost about 80-150 eur each time, and around 50+eur to get it homologated.

If you like the ways it looks, then get your windows tinted.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

well i know the rules where i live, but i was just seeing what your guys' opinions are? i usually only go 35-40% which is semi dark, but i kinda want to go 20% with my new car.

wtf is homologated?

and yes i could google that, but i imagine your accent when you type, so it makes it sexier for me.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

A motor vehicle must, when entering a country, go through the process of determining compliance with the regulations applicable to properties and equipment of motor vehicles. It's done for each individual importation of any vehicle.

It's an examination of a vehicle with a check list of whether the vehicle is within acceptable limits and regulations ~ roadworthy, has to match all the criteria, safety, etc. After a vehicle obtainins a declaration of adequacy = homologation papers; this means that it's appropriate for inclusion in road transport in the the country/state.

Homologation is needed when first registering a vehicle and in principle also for each technical review. If you make any modifications to the vehicle you have to get those added to your existing homologation papers.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

mine are 35% which is the max here....If u have a dark interior..it'll make ur tint look darker. Still i think everyone should have some kind of tint. Don't get too dark tho or you'll get harassed and probably have to remove it
    test
  7. patrown

patrown student for life

No. I dislike incarceration and can not be pulled over for any reason.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.