To the haves and have nots. (My official 16 week trek - WEEK 1 UPDATE).

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by J o o k, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Why even try to lie?

Posted by you a month ago....

Thread: http://board.rapmusic.com/health-fitness/1112656-hey-juiceheads.html

So yeah, 1 yuuuuuuur doggy. It sticks out in my mind because everyone in the T-Cell alpha was ripping you so hard about it.
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

test
  3. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

you do that anyway....intentionally or not lol
    test
  4. Brickz

Brickz The American Boy

only 1 serious =)?????????????????????

Lmfao he just owned himself.

Wow so when he wasn't serious he must have been giving 101% instead 110%.

Ban this guy from the forum Steve.
    test
  5. XxLiLBuRnAxX

yall sound like a maury episode

I am 313% I am not the father of that child!

lol
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

lol dude, i really could care less. the way i see it; the less ive been lifting the more ive accomplished in less time. so to accomplish what ive accomplished in a year is saying a lot.

lol@ anything related to t-cell alpha. that place is a laughing stock.

but as you can see by my post i said closer to 2 years serious, which doesnt include the year i went fucking around in my friends basement, doing pushups and fucking with other various weights but not using a gym.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

i am actually kinda disapointed today though.

i did a leg workout last week that left me with the worst DOMS ive ever experienced, my hamstrings were sore all the way to my next leg day - a week later.

i did it again yesterday and i wake up with my legs feeling like i didnt do shit at all.

i dont know what the problem is. i guess my box squats didnt do shit this time around, regardless of adding 35 more pounds. could it be i did a few sets of them about an inch or two lower last time? even though my heaviest sets increased the height because even with 135 for warmups i noticed some hip scooching and it affected my lower back as well.

or could it be that when i did my other leg workout it was after a 1 week break? meh either way im pissed about lack of soreness.
    test
  8. Brickz

Brickz The American Boy

Live, welcome to the forum.

Human.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

test
  10. XxLiLBuRnAxX

lol

Sometimes you just wont be sore. I squat, deadlift, and bench to failure all 3 times a week and after the first week was over i stopped getting sore. Only sore part of me is my back
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

im usually always sore after i lift. which is why i went through half a bottle of tylenol extra strength in less than a week.
    test
  12. Juked

Juked like 20 of the Lions.

Its beer and brandy that keeps me from greatness
    test
  13. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Week One down

Some say the hardest parts of achieving anything is the start and the finish.

Well I stand before you and say it's the fucking truth brothers.

I've been out of the gym for a while, on top of greasy burgers and shitty foods.

So the first week back I always start with Calisthenics. This is something I learned from the old school. To build the base with your own natural weight and then smash those fucking metal plates a week or so after you conditioned those muscle groups to tolerate high stress.

If staring at my self at the mirror in loathing wasn't enough. This fucking diet just about made me quit.

This life of fast food is a fucking addiction. I am on my first week and have already relapsed once.

So here I am forcing my self to eat six meals a day. Something to the affect of Egg whites and Oats - protein shake - chicken breast/steamed vegatables - protein shake - chicken breast/one baked potato - protein shake.

Rewind every fucking day. So there I was on my way home from the gym about to fucking eat the steering wheel. When an In and Out burger sign attracted my pupils like a moth to the bright nights light.

I tried to turn away, but fuck. I am human. 1 Double fucking cheeseburger please. I ate in disgust. But I ate it.

I am human, and this is an 16 week trek. I am bound to make mistakes. But fuck I will make sure this doesn't happen again.

So I started my first day with a natural chest workout (as I stated earlier Calisthenics only the first week). Here's how it went as far as my week though.

Monday:

Push-ups - 600 reps in 8 sets. Along with some fast twitch muscle push-ups, diamond push-ups, and wall mounts.

Tuesday:

Abs/back - 600 sit-ups in 8 sets (tried to match the push-ups from previous day. Along with Super mans, Leg lifts, Crunches, and medicine ball.

Wednesday - Destroyed my legs with up hill lunges, stairs, non weighted squats, calf raises, and leap frogs.

Thursday - Ran to a few miles outside (I know a lot of you who are building muscle stay away from cardio, but I am trying to build an overall strong/healthy navy seal type body.)

Friday - 200 Pull ups in 14 sets.

Sat/Sun - Rest up and get ready for the real deal weight training coming Monday night.

So here I am, ready as ever to tackle this 16 week trek. I start the weights tonight. I will conquer everything.

No little prissy bitches in short shorts, no talking with other gym rats, no music, no tv. Just me and the fucking weights.

This wraps up week one.

I will post pics every two weeks to show the slight progress.

Good luck brothers. It's time.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

test
  15. J o o k

J o o k Guest

test
  16. LiveFromThe781

im sorry bro this shit just sounds like a wrestling speech or something that vince mcmahon would give to hulk hogan.
    test
  17. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

It's good to push yourself to your limits, but not all the time, that's the way that I trained for years, and it fucked up all sorts of shit with my body to the point that I started GETTING WEAKER... Now, I'm training smart, eating well, and performing better than I ever have in certain areas...

It's not about being all gung ho and just doing it all the time necessarily, most people don't have the genetics to get away with shit like that, people like my brother (who IS a beast physically) can...

Study yourself, study how your body behaves to different periods of rest, sleep, and different foods before you even look at trying to do extremely difficult workouts...

Training to failure is good every once in a while, but remember to allow your body to recover...
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

i trained to failure most of my time lifting. i dont think its bad, especially just starting out. but i think as you progess the weight becomes more strenuous as far as CNS is concerned and it takes a greater impact on your body.

currently i make more of an effort to aim 6-8 reps and only look to hit failure on the last rep of my 3rd set but sometimes i have to do it on the last rep of the 2nd which decreases my rep count on the 3rd set by at least 2-3.

however thats only my first exercise because i train starting with heavier compound lifts and then work to more isolating lifts. the less CNS impact the more i inclined i am to train to failure. so if im doing a set of pushdowns which deliver very minimal impact to the body as a whole i will push out 12 reps or so and hit failure, maybe rest a bit and give it another 3 or 4 reps.

but when you first get into this its not like youre going to be rackpulling 500 pounds for 8 reps. so going to failure on almost all lifts may have its benefits earlier on. i mean hell, total body training (TBT) has its perks early on too, but they quickly drift away as experience grows.

the part from the above post i really want to highlight is learning your body. everyones different. and youll even be different a year from now than you are today. and you will probaly be training a different way. you may still be doing a 5 day split but its not going to be all the same exercise. and maybe not the same reps either. i think one of the downside to pre-drawn routines is the rest factor. not everyone needs to rest 2 minutes and not everyone can rebound after 60 seconds. youll learn this as you go on but the heavier/more streneous(sp) the set, the more recovery is alloted.

i dont know what this 16 week trek business is about. this is a journey a long, never ending one and on this journey youll acquire many insights, much knowledge and problems which you will have over come.
    test
  19. Oh Snap!

Oh Snap! New Member

I don't think you'll make amazing progress doing a mostly bodyweight routine with 1,000,000 pushups and situps if that's the point of this whole thing, weight training for progressive strength gains is the proven way to go. This looks a lot like a CrossFit inspired workout and I think CrossFit is a load of horseshit. But I'm not going to be a jerk about it, I've seen your posts, you're a big fella and I wish you luck bro.
    test
  20. Brickz

Brickz The American Boy

^ Only used Calisthenics (push-ups, sit-ups, natural body weight) my first week.

Now it's majority weights.

I just like to build a tolerance before I hit the weights. That's why I did the push-ups etc.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.