To the haves and have nots. (My official 16 week trek - WEEK 1 UPDATE).

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by J o o k, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

To the haves and have nots.

I ask you this:

Have you ever in your life left the gym knowing you could have pushed out one more set, one more rep?

Have you ever got in the car after a workout and said to yourself "I should have hit it harder".

Most of us have been working out from 7 to 10 years, and what the hell do we have to show for it besides a slightly better than average body?

7 to 10 years where 25 percent of the time you left that gym knowing you could have done BETTER.

5000 thousand reps never done.

1000's of sets never put up.

1000's of gym visits where you did not PUSH your limits.

What the fuck were we thinking?

5 more minutes to failure and we walk out the building?

FUCK THAT.

My brothers I come to you as an humble being. You can see in my profile pic that I am nothing more than an average build. Years of gym time wasted.

Years of sacrifice wasted. Sure my health is better and I am in decent shape.

But why are we here?

Me? I am here to become a beast. To walk down the street knowing I am the baddest motherfucker within a 10 block radius.

So this is where it starts, this is my official 16 week thread which will be updated weekly with pics, stats, and blogs.

In 16 weeks I will stand before you a changed specimen.

I will grow, break down, and grow some more.

I challenge you to do the same. Get the fuck out that computer chair and be who the fuck you want to be.

It starts today brothers.
    test
  2. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

lmao....

no i agree though. i've cheated plenty of times.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

never happened to me, sorry.
    test
  4. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

im not able to relate
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Yeah GZ and Live are muscle men. Modern day Hercules.

110 percent every time.

Good fucking job brothers.

Blah blah fucking blah.

Anyway this is where my progress through hell will be documented.
    test
  6. J o o k

J o o k Guest

PS my first day down.

But updates weekly.
    test
  7. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yeah i constantly get mad at my self...i never stay complacent...

even when i get a PR...i hate that number...i will only feel content when i think i am at an elite level
    test
  8. J o o k

J o o k Guest

And even then, if the competitiveness pumps through your blood, at an elite level you will still be hungry for better.

It's just something about us. Never content in the gym, always knowing we can do more even if we can't walk out because our legs were demolished on the squat rack. "Next time I'll do more" we tell ourselves.

It even often follows us out of the gym into the classroom, work force, etc.

It's drive. Some of us have it and the ones who don't will be forever be parked in a space of mediocrity.

I understand brother.
    test
  9. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

I can definitely relate to this. When I worked out alone I'd push myself to failure, yet still walk out thinking I could have done more for some reason, as if I had forgotten what I put myself through.
    test
  10. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

that's how I live...I suggest you do it too
    test
  11. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I keep convincing myself that im cheating. Like ill deadlift x amount for 10 reps then 2 days later ill add 20lbs to it and do the same reps and im like wtf i must have cheated last time. I do that until i literally cant keep adding weight. Once that happens ill keep adding weight and do less reps until i get to the point where Im working out with 1 or 2 rep sessions with enormous weight...then ill keep adding until i just cant pick it up off the ground. Then go back and realize i can now do 10 reps with weight that i could only do 5 with before...then the cycle continues.

Works wonders...I added 100lbs to my squat in a month and my deadlifts shoot through the roof now. I think we all have this mentality in us...its just a matter of if you feel like killing yourself 3, 4, or 5 days a week. I guess its the same with anything else...never take a break and never cheat and youll succeed.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

no im just not a pussy. i dont finish a set and think, oh i couldve done 6 more. when i dont get enough i wait 10-20 seconds and try to get another 2 reps out.

one of the first times i ever worked out i woke up the next day with an inflamed forearm. the one on the left was about 3x the size of the one on the right. ive been pushing myself as hard as i could ever since i started.

either you have that mentality or you dont.

I think you have to be a bit of a killer to work out correctly. I don't exactly mean that literally, but I mean you have to have the makings of a killer who, by the Grace of God, was able to redirect his warped passions into something other than slitting throats.

You want to know how most of us feel? Okay, here's a random snippet from the hard drive of our brain, apparently from a historical file:

The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see their near and dear bathed in tears, to ride their horses and sleep on the bellies of their wives and daughters.

It wasn't Hillary Clinton who said that, Slacker Boy, but one Genghis Khan. By the sounds of it he could have been a pretty good lifter. We don't of course hold with the conqueror's sentiments 100 percent, but it kinda feels right, you know? And maybe we're not really warriors in the standard sense, but do yourself a favor and don't test us. We tend to get a little irritable with people like you.

People like us have a dynamism you can't comprehend. Go ahead, call us elitists; we relish the term. With apologies to the Constitution, we were not all created equal. Some of us are just plain better. What are you gonna do about it?

Maybe we're not really better, but what business do we have doing anything if we don't go into it thinking we're the best, or at least have the capability of being the best

That's the mindset it takes to do what I do, Princess.
    test
  13. Ben Official

lol @ you stealing quotes from a t-nation article.

"I think you have to be a bit of a killer to work out correctly. I don't exactly mean that literally, but I mean you have to have the makings of a killer who, by the Grace of God, was able to redirect his warped passions into something other than slitting throats.

"You want to know how most of us feel? Okay, here's a random snippet from the hard drive of our brain, apparently from a historical file:

'The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see their near and dear bathed in tears, to ride their horses and sleep on the bellies of their wives and daughters.'

"It wasn't Hillary Clinton who said that, Slacker Boy, but one Genghis Khan. By the sounds of it he could have been a pretty good lifter. We don't of course hold with the conqueror's sentiments 100 percent, but it kinda feels right, you know? And maybe we're not really warriors in the standard sense, but do yourself a favor and don't test us. We tend to get a little irritable with people like you.

"People like us have a dynamism you can't comprehend. Go ahead, call us elitists; we relish the term. With apologies to the Constitution, we were not all created equal. Some of us are just plain better. What are you gonna do about it?

"Maybe we're not really better, but what business do we have doing anything if we don't go into it thinking we're the best, or at least have the capability of being the best?

"That's the mindset it takes to do what I do, Princess."

T-Nation.com | ATOMIC DOG: Like Hell You Could

remember to use quotes next time in stead of just making it bold and not citing the source :)
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

err i thought i did put in quotes lol.

lol@you thinking you exposed me.
    test
  15. Ben Official

you got owned!!!

lol nah but it looks suspect when people just put it in bold. a lot of people do that and try to make it look like their own.
    test
  16. Brickz

Brickz The American Boy

Live all that talk and type is meaningless brother.

It comes off fake as fuck.

Post pics of your beastly physique.

Otherwise you put on a good show, but stay the fuck out of my thread with your fraudulent bullshit.
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Uh huh. Says the guy who wants to use steroids and GH after working out for less than 2 years, and from your own words "only 1 serious =)". You haven't even put in 3 or 4 years of hard lifting, once you do than you can insult other people's motivation. Most of us didn't start this shit a year ago, and to a lot of us it's become routine and a lifestyle, it's not a new exciting hobby for us.

Good luck Jook, will be interesting to watch your progress. I wish you the best. Maybe I'll start something similar, provides some type of accountability for yourself.
    test
  18. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Weren't you on roids after about a year of lifting steve? lol...
    test
  19. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Dude, I started taking roids BEFORE I started lifting. I figured my muscles would just inflate like water balloons.

But seriously, I hope you were joking? Next time I see you on AIM I'm spamming you with racist remarks. lol
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

ive been going 3 yuuuuurrs doggy. i dont know you seem be tracking this for me though, so maybe you could tell me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.