To the adults here....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by F Major, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

That is so true... companies are having trouble finding skilled labor jobs... plummers and electricians make a lot of money too... If you dont want to go to college that is cool...but get a trade or a skill...

A lot of people want to come up like jay-z but there is only one jay-z for a reason... rap to me ..is the new hoop dreams.

And the if you do not have a college degree there is a visual concrete ceiling at your job.... you will never get out of lower management unless you get a degree b/c they will give it to a person with a college degree than a high graduate... no matter how good you are.... In addition... I think many of you are just think about today or next year.... music is a young mans game very few people or older and if you want a house, have children and maybe take a vacation $10.00 an hour is not going to cut it.... now the college graduates potential top salary will always be double or more than a none college degree. You may make 10 or 15/hour now but 10-15 years from now you will only have cost of living raises but the ceiling is close...

A college degree only raises the ceiling on your potential salary as you pursue your goals.
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

plummers are making 100k + a year... real talk. average college person with a BA makes about 40-60gs a year, masters 60-80gs

something to think about
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

b/c people are so lazy and want to take the so called easy route to success.... If i did not go to college I would be fixing someones pipe for 100 bucks for like 15 mintutes of work.
    test
  4. The Militant

The Militant New Member

i failed school and i cant get a descent job it seems

im living at home still and i got a wife and kid who is turning 4 years old soon

music is all i got left to hope for getting me out
    test
  5. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

some of us just need a lady who can bring some money in, a nurse with a purse or somethin. Some cats got supportive wives while they're stay at home dads that make beats.
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats just beyond lazy. stop livin off bitches. what u gonna do when she comes home and tells u shes pregnant and it aint urs kuz she needed extra money
    test
  7. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

it ain't lazy if you bringin in money from the beats, then that's your work, fool.Not every household need a double full time income. Stop dating them hoes and you won't have your girl coming home pregnant.
    test
  8. The Militant

The Militant New Member

let me get this straight man

you make beats for a job right, and your girl also has a job? what the fuck is not normal about that? you both got jobs?
    if you were talking about yourself, then you should be proud youve got it made like that. thats basically the type of position im aiming to reach for now id call that success.
    test
  9. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think it strickly depends on how sucessful you are at selling beats... if you make beats and you can not support yourself... and your wife is working... there is a problem....
    test
  10. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

when you married, there ain't no support yourself. You put your income together and if you're good it's good. If her full time income with your part time income or whatever you makin gets it done then it's good.
    test
  11. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I understand there is no yourself...i meant if you are making enough to support yourself, child ect.....since you are the man of the house I do not believe your wife should support the family while you are just making beats...on the come up.... so, if your are success thats cool but if you continuously on the come up....there is a problem..in my eyes.. and you are not being a man to your family....
    test
  12. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

man, i'm just venting here, but i can't fucking handle the amount of shit i have to do, i physically can't do it all

i just got a job doing a gig in a months time, and instead of being happy, i'm now freaking the fuck out as i now have a live show i need to organise tracks for etc etc. i have so much on my plate already and this is more added work and pressure.

as i mentioned earlier, i'm an emcee, and beatmaker, and mix engineer for a label, and as well as doing a full time phd, plus shit on the side to try to pay the bills, i simply can't fuckin keep up and do all the shit i need to do.

i just made a 'to do' list for all shit music related. shit's not even funny. i feel like i'm sinking, and trying to do too many things, and will achieve none of my goals.

it's like, we've all established that we need a to stick with school, get a good grade in a good degree. now what?

what i mean is - using FM as the example as he made the thread - he has a good degree, a fallback plan, a good job, and makes great beats. i'm sure he's doing shit with artists, etc, and making good music.

now what?

how does he make the leap to fulltime, like he wants to?
    test
  13. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

my dad is a college drop out and owned his own ford dealership down here in MIA for a few years and recently retired in his mid 50s...dude was easily rackin in over 100+ a year...but hes the execption..most people dont have that kind of drive...and a college degree cant hurt you..it can only help...but some people rely to heavily on that like its the ONLY way to succeed...those are the sheep...the real hustlers out there use the degree as a stepping stone..not a crutch...
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats just some lazy shit. its straight if u makin good money off of beats but dont put all the bills on ur girl that just aint right. and ur right u dont need a double full time income but it sure helps. and just FYI I aint got no kids, dont want no kids and aint havin no kids fuck pussy ill fuck a bitch in her throat.
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

well said
    test
  16. The Militant

The Militant New Member

i dunno about that, a real hustler would make shit work with what he HAS, whatever that might be.

even without a college degree
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Thats true.. but when your father graduated...as in my parents... it was a different time... back then a high school diploma is like a college degree now... you could graduate, work for ford and gm and make tons of money... but those days are long gone....

This aint no rap video...I dont see Cassidy anywhere... we talking about real life... There is a lot of broke, jailed or dead hustlers in the hood... Think about it... how many people with college degrees are in the hood..... think about it.... thats why they still in the hood.... How many I want to rap, produce and play ball still live in the hood..... Do the math.... what gets you out of the hood?
    test
  18. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

What some of you have to understand and know is not to think of the next year, or next couple of months but also 10 years down the line. If you're the type of person that says "Oh it's monday, why worry about the weekend now" you're gonna be in deep shit in this quick and ever changing world we're living in. How do I make this Hip Hop shit work?

I set up a schedule that is practically engraved in stone. To the point where my girl bitches and ends up coming to the studio to spend time with me. I track beats while studying because concerting 15 instruments of midi to audio is like over an hour right there.

And after I graduate I already know what my schedule is gonna be like for the next 3 months. Y'all have to discipline yourself and gotta realize that the good life won't come to you, you have to go get it. For that cat that has a working wife and he's a sit at home producer, who I'm guessing ain't really is getting his money's worth with the time he puts in should consider gettin a full time job and you'll still have enough time to work on yuor beats.

Get a job at Sam Ash. Not only do you get discounts for equipment but you never know where you might meet a useful connection that can help propel your career to the level you want it to be at.

There's 168 hours in a week, work 40, and you're down to 128. Sleep 8 hours a night and you got 72 hours left. You can dedicate another 30-40 hours to music and still have enough time to spend with your wife. You'll be bringin in your dough, learnin about music at Sam Ash because you'll be surrounded by musicians, and still do your beats. Unless you're bringin in at least $5,000+ a month off your beats I recommend you go get a job, before your wife leaves your ass for a man that's more of a man. and I'm being real with you, you gotta take some fuckin responsibility. It's cool you gotta supportive wife, just don't abuse her support man. That's all I gotta say.

Pz
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

^ nice break down, but remember when you grown and live on your own there are other things that go into that schedule that you may want to consider such as taking care of yourself
    test
  20. TraxSmith

TraxSmith TrackBangas.com

im living off my beats and squad cd sales...basically I never gotta work a 9-5 job ever again in my life..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.