To the adults here....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by F Major, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

Do I Have To File an Income Tax Return?
    You have to file an income tax return for 2005 if your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more. If your net earnings from self-employment were less than $400, you still have to file an income tax return if you meet any other filing requirement listed in the Form 1040 instructions.

thats fucked up i always thought it was like 5,000 you got to go over to have to pay taxes but it says $400
    test
  2. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

i work for sprint n' they pay for 90% of the medical insurance.. n' dental, and optomotry..

i was working 60 hourd a week n' making like 700/wk after taxes n' 401k n' medical, and stock options... plus i get vaction n' sick days.. n' im like the only compitent person @ my site.. so im the first 19 yo the district manager ever considered making a assistant store manager at sprint.. it would make me the youngest employee to have a managerial title.... then i make salary.. like 1200 every 2 weeks..

and i do consider myself a talented producer.. i got 2 boston legends helping me out cuz they think im talented.. so .. fuck whatever anyone here is going to say negative wise about my production
    test
  3. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

nobody is studying for the sake of studying

anybody graduating that cant get a job is mainly because 1) they aint fuckin tryin or 2) they chose a WORTHLESS fuckin major....i.e. History
    test
  4. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Thats very real

and a person who has a BA degree and have work experience will get hired. Trust that shit, employer look for people like that

but if you don't want to go to college , you could still make a good living by picking up a skill or a trade.

Get a government job working for the post office , them jobs pay like 26 an hour starting, with full benefits and dental. Not bad for a person without a higher education.

Or you could do labor jobs, my one homie he's a pipe layer dude making like 100 grand a year , living nice , and once he retire , his retirement check is gonna be like 8 racks a month. Not bad at all if you ask me, once you get into one of those labor union jobs , you set , they can't fire you. Thats if you want to make decent living.

Me personally I'm getting a BA in business Admin, I got 1 more year and I'm done with this shit.

Honestly tho , this music shit is gonna cost money , so you gonna have to work 9- 5 doing the day and then pursue music at night time or on off days.

Nothing come over night , you got to really want it , but its there you just have to want it.
    test
  5. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

ay thuggyfresh you got aim holla at me purebread334 gotta see bout somethin
    test
  6. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

lol
    i would go into the details of why how
    but if i brought it up over the internet itd jus look real corny like im tryin too hard

so ill leave it at it just didnt happen.
    test
  7. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Premiz Prod, I agree with you. I'm about to graduate with a degree in management and I have over 4 years of work experience and I landed an internship that will turn into a full time job in a couple of months. The thing is that I want cats to understand, is college is a back up plan. Think of it like that. Urb knows what he's talking about. Some of you kids are just straight stupid. College helps you secure ur future. If you're not gonna go to college, ur just taking a big risk. Some of you say the executives in the industry are not educated but u forget a lot are.

Talib Kweli - NYU
    Suge Knight - MBA (don't think about him now, take it back to the Pac days)
    Paris - a lawyer
    Sean Paul - CPA
    to name a few.

If you don't go to college young and get it done ASAP, you will struggle if music doesn't work out, no matter how good u think u r.

Props to Premiz Prod and Urban..

Pz
    test
  8. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

lmao.... 700/wk after taxes. i know 2 people that work at sprint and have NEVER seen that kind of money.
    test
  9. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

errybodu i kno workin for sprint getin paid 9.50 an hour....so sdizzle ya story sounds fabricated, the cost of livin isnt necessarily high enough in boston for them to be payin ya'll 17 or 18 dollars an hour because thats basically what ur claimin because u damn near make as much as me...and i'm salary.......
    test
  10. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

700/wk my ass
    test
  11. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

what makes it even worse is that he is gettin gassed about making $1200 every two week as a manager when he is making "$700/wk" right now
    test
  12. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

If you understand the business side of the music business and you have the practical knowledge to being self-propelled there's no reason why you can't pursue your passion whole-heartedly.

I am.

But I'm also not stupid.
    I'm exploring my other talents as well.
    test
  13. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

this is a great thread
    test
  14. Riott

Riott Electronic Media

i'm 19 and in college right now. Pay all bills and schooling shit, so i think that's adult in itself. When im not at school i work 6 am - 5 pm at Office Depot (i hate that place).

i got into music cause its just something i love, i just started (like a month ago) toying with makin beats. I've always wanted to be a producer, thats not just a beat maker to those that think it is. But i realized i wanted to be able to PROVIDE for my family. So i do the music/beat shit on the side. I'm going to school for a degree in Audio Engineering & Music Business. That way i can at least have a reputable job and get a check every 2 weeks.

Anyone who relies solely on music (the hobbiest), is a moron. There are no guarantees, which is why I feel you need to get a degree. College isn't that hard. Right now i'm a Biochemistry major at Marshall (i'm transferring to MTSU for my music degree). I get A's and B's and hardly do any studying or work. So my advice to anyone is get a degree with your name on it, and stay on your grind doin music. Take care of your future first, then worry about your hobby or dream.
    test
  15. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

lmao.. he probably oughta stay in school..
    test
  16. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

If he really is making 700 a week , thats like close to 3 racks a month

mann I dunno about that tho , for a manager? it might be possible but I dunno

seems kinda iffy , but if he is making that much paper good for him , but his story is fishy so I see why people think he lying.
    test
  17. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

no wat makes it worse is he said after taxes... the way my job is summer is when pepsi has the most business so some of my checks may be around 700 after taxes in a week... which is about 1,000 before taxes.. so he really would be making 1g a week.
    test
  18. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

lol @ people not seeing the fact i work 60 hrs/wk... in a store with 3 people under no management..

premize.. thats 20 hours of overtime a week... so lets say roughly thats 16/hr.. plus commission... in a pretty good store that only has THREE people.. its not hard to rack up money

but.. would i rathe work 60 hrs/wk.. or 35-45 and get guaranteed 600?
    test
  19. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

60 hours a week fam

DAMNNNN thats like 12 hour days and shit fuck that

you working like a slave, you dont have no free time either , if I was you I would go to college dog and keep that job on the side because its good to have manager experience but if you had a degree on top of that experience, dog you gonna be sitting lovely
    test
  20. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

10 hrs/day.. 6 days.. i take sundays off n' let the other 2 work it

ps.. i was a nextel employee.. sprint starts 9.50... nextel starts 11 :)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.