To the adults here....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by F Major, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

^ you still need to holla at me about cubase SX for OSX
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

^i think i can get cubase 1 for mac. is that coo?
    test
  3. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

That may work, I may need check on the backwards compatibility, but I may be in Luck I think I can borrow the homie's mpc 1000 for a second.
    test
  4. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

thank you for saving me the hassle
    test
  5. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

I see what u sayin fm and I agree...but the young cats don't see it that way....they see sol's story as an excuse to not go to school and to keep chasin a dream that quite possibly will never come true...all while not takin care of the business that they should be takin care of...like gettin a roof over their head...

I don't kno fam...I was raised in a family where we were taught not to put our well being at the mercy of somebody else...god bless the child thats got his own....2 or 4 years aint shit compare to a lifetime...music can fuckin wait....because the bills won't

I just hope the younger cats don't come in this thread lookin for reasons to validate their ignorance towards getting their education......every single cat I kno pursuin music is broke...borrowin money...bouncin from house to house...gettin evicted.....car gettin repo'd.....u wanna struggle like that? Go ahead

Just realize that these industry niggaz didn't have the same opportunities as yall...so they had nothin to lose
    test
  6. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Yeah I definitely dont condone these young niggaz saying fuck school over music, Realistically 85% of the cats aint quite musically or experience wise at a level where they can consider this as a viable option, cause Sol is a rare case in most of the young producer. I already got my degree(B.S.) in computer engineering yall so dont think Im sitting up here thinking about saying fuck everything for music, cause I definitely got something solid to fall back on already
    test
  7. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

i definitly feel what urb tactics is sayin
    sol, props to you but that shit is not gonna happen for everyone who has a dream of makin it

i didnt get a chance to go to school past elementary (no it wasent MY choice)

so theres alot of shit i CANT do, if i was in highschool id be there learning other shit
    id go to college given the opportunity.

but like my boy phene said u dont need a teacher to learn
    so i guess its my fault as well.

knowledge is the real power
    there is no substitute on this planet for jus not knowing shit

u can be like oh he cant run but he can pass like a maw fucka
    this car handles curves perfectly but the acceleration isnt quite there.
    but u cant say oh this dude stupid but he knows a lil bit here n there.

an for me to go back to high school to get a damn diploma
    id prolly have to back from 6th grade an up on some billy madison shit
    so for now im stuck doin this
    if u got a chance at education dont risk it.

like dude said music can wait the bills will not.
    test
  8. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

lol@ billy madison. Dude you can get a GED and then go to a CC and get an AA and it's all good.

Anyways Urban is spittin wisdom about this whole topic, many musicians think they got what it takes and over estimate their own abilities and end up 5 guys in an apartment or with no health benefits or living with moms past age 30. If you can get the self discipline you can go to school or work while makin beats. Besides if you locked up in your room makin beats all day, your life will be so one dimensional that it will limit your growth anyways. I believe that maturity and diversity in your own life and character will carry over into growth in your musical abilities.
    test
  9. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I feel that....one thing that does concern me on a side note is the health benefits issue people tend to bring up....you guys do realize you can pay for your own health benefits regardless of where you are working right? They pay for your benefits out your check anyway when you recieve insurance. Just a side not though, keep building yall
    test
  10. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

Took me to get a real job to know that. Having the title full time means shit. People say " Well you get benefits", well most places it comes out your check anyway so you are basically paying for it. Im bout to do my research and find some benefits for myself.
    test
  11. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

if you want to pursue your goal, you have to be a person capable of making it happen. theres a certain criteria you have to live by. I condone anyone trying to pursue it, to try it for 3 months and see what its like. if your a senior, get into the schools you are goin for, and then take that summer and move to a city like ATL or NY or LA and see what you can do. if you arent feelin it, just go to college and make the decision after. however, I know people who have gone to college for 4 years and hopped back out to do music full time ,and its still the same struggle, except now a degree is hanging on your wall. so although I certianly condone going to college (education is the most powerful tool you can have), shit I still might attend college at any time just because I enjoy studying certain topics, I hope people dont think that by going to college you are going to guarentee yourself happines, altough itll give you a much more realstic shot at it. and just for the record, Im far from making it. But ive taken strides in the game as you can tell from my long ass post above. everyone gotta make their decision based on their own reality. there ARE many producers who get in the game around age 28. The top producers right now are in their mid30's. keep that in mind, that like urban said, college is only 2-4 years. but remember that it wont be free sailing when u get out, ur gonna have a job that will consume ur entire day.
    test
  12. Premize Prod

unless you were sold into slavery there is no excuse for having no education pass elementary. thats just ridiculous
    test
  13. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

I hope that all of you cats talkin this "education is the way" shit know that just because you graduate doesn't mean you'll be better off than someone who's not attended college. I know numerous people that graduated from ivy league schools and are STRUGGLING for jobs. most of these people have a specific talent that probably could've made them rich if they had a plan and stuck to it. BUT they diverted from it and attended college which consumed their time and ultimately led them to a career as a secretary or administrative assistant or some shit.

THE MAJORITY of the successful people in the music industry (this includes CEO's, managers, etc.) have not attended college, and if they did, have dropped out. NOBODY should be studying just for the sake of studying.

I, personally will maintain income whether or not my plans work because of my extraordinaire ability to generate money. but i'd MUCH rather follow MY dream and fail than follow someone's elses and succeed/be unhappy.
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I definitely agree with all of yall.... but I dont understand when people say I am going to do music full time yet they work at sam ash... or guitar center.... Full time means... full time.... That same time that your are waisting at guitar center and sam ash making pennies you could be advancing your life in college. Like it was stated.. most producers dont make it until there late 20s... and by time you finish college you are still 21 or 22... While I was in college I was pre-med (no joke major).. Made beats everyday, studied, worked about 10 hours a week, played basketball 3-4 times a week, worked out 4 times a week and was involved in campus... and I probably have more complete beats then a lot of you saying that you are doing music full time... In college, you are only in class usually at max 5 hours in a day.. and that is a busy day so you have the rest of the day to do whatever you like.... so if you think college and music cant be done... i say think twice.... by the way... Stat Quo has a degree in finance from UF (top 25 business school) and now he is signed to aftermath... so anything can be done and he is probably smarter with his money then 99% of the rappers....
    ... Since this is the music "business" why dont some of you get a business degree so you learn how money works....
    test
  15. Premize Prod

fuck college. although ive been in college for like 2 years still. shit is relatively useless. its good to pass time tho. im about money. innovative/entrepenuers are the ones making the doe. ill NEVER be satisified pushin a pencil 9-5. my goal is business. hence why im taking business in college.
    test
  16. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

You are def. not guarenteed a job however it is basic facts that a college degree will make on average twice the amount (http://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askce...F90ZXh0PWNvbGxlZ2UgZGVncmVl&p_li=&p_topview=1) of someone with a high school diploma over there lifetime... You may struggle for a job depending on the industry and economy however when they get a job they will probably make twice as much as the person with a high school diploma. In addition even if you do not go into your major there are more jobs available b/c many jobs qualifications are having a college degree.
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Who says a college degree forces you to work 9-5..... you use your college degree to validate your yourself.... for example if you want to work with athletes.... it -just validates the information you know..... I see (it is a proven fact by the census) that people with college degree start business at a higher rate then non-college degrees
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol. thats wrong we dont know dudes story
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

and just because u have a degree doesnt mean u have to work in that field. there are so many jobs that dont care what u have a degree in as long as u have a degree. i know this dude who has a degree in ART and hes makin 50k a year workin as a human resources rep for some advertising company anything is possible. all a college degree does is validate with employers that can start something and finish so if u start college u should finish otherwise that looks worse than not going at all.
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I totally agree......That is what I said in the last sentence.... Also a college degree shows employers you have the ability to learn a particular subject..... But also a college degree also includes the alumni connections.... Some alumns will go out of there way to find a job for a fellow alumn...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.