To the adults here....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by F Major, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Holla at your boy man.
    test
  2. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

True ^ so how'd you just up in leave.. you had someone already where you were goin or you just went out on your own
    test
  3. solocreep

solocreep Professional

After all this time fuckin with this music, i dont even know what to think about it. I all see it as, is an outlet now. As far as music as a business, pshhh fuck that, this shit is sooo not reliable it aint even funny. Now, I just have gone back to the roots. I do it when I feel like doing it, and purely only for self-gratification. I got a cool job, decent apartment and 1k a month left over purely for savings. I took all the time energy and focus I had for music as a business and transfered it into other shit like investment strategies, personal finance, arbitrage etc. The older I get the more i realize there is mad shit I could learn that can change my whole life faster than music will ever. So I keep hustlin but only when it serves me best, and i treat music like my bitch, I only call her when I need some pleasure.
    test
  4. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

2 years later, as I type this sitting in my hotel in London all I can really say is thank god I stayed in school. Living in LA and ATL, going to different studios, meeting different artists, A&Rs, managers, and just niggas really showed me more and more how sucky this game is. I am more able to deal with corp. america than I am with the music industry.

Now, I still do music and still go hard at it but I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" too and It changed my entire outlook. Music is now just another investment honestly, no longer my main jumpoff. I still have my company and I am a way better musician than I once was but that shit doesn't matter in this industry. Info's post was basically my music career story these last few years and I don't have the personality to wait on other people to get my paper. I am a Leo that's an only child, I can't do that shit.

My degree has opened up so many doors for me. Corp. america is easy after you get to a certain level. London is gorgeous too. If you have time, leave the country....for a while. Seriously.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.