To Leave it Simple or bring it to the next level

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Amp H, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amp H

Amp H Lone Soldier

I know most of you know that the artist makes the music. A lot of the music heard today is so big because I believe the instrumentals and effects makes the artist, and in exchange the artist's talents have reduced to lower standards(Don't get me wrong there are still good artists who are able to make it, but I'm talking bout the majority of the industry). Me personally I like listening to the 90's era hip hop and R&B. If you listen to the instrumentals back then they aren't really too complicated and allow a lot of space for artist to use for his vocals. I think what producers sometimes fergot is we are just in the background, and a lot of these producers want to be in the shine of things.

So, by making a beat too complex do you believe it hurts an artist's potential for the song? Or do you believe that instrumentals need to reach a new plateau to keep up with this era?

This is an open ended question so there is no right and wrong. I'm interested in what you think about this subject..... just no flaming please
    test
  2. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

theres shit like

scott storch might have a track
    with drums and maybe 2 melodies period

timbaland might have 5-6 joints going at once

sometimes the song itself works with alot of shit going on
    sometimes you need to keep it simple
    case by case basis
    test
  3. I-ki

I-ki New Member

Whatever really works... sometimes producers gets tempted to keep adding more....
    test
  4. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

yeah thats true, i always feel like i need more instruments but there are some tracks out there simple as hell that dont even have change ups.......crazy
    test
  5. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

You just have to remember that the goal is to make Amazing songs, not just impressive beats. When you are making a beat, at a certain point in the process you need to be imagining a song and a concept, other wise you will just keep adding unnecessary stuff. Record songs, use the beat to develop or introduce the concept or idea and then expand on the track once you have a song or at least a full concept.
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

this is the result of ppl trying to use their BRAIN to make beats, when they are supposed to be using their soul.......
    test
  7. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

No One Always Gets It Right...

So I Say DO YOU.

Genius Is Stumbled Upon.
    test
  8. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

^ you might actually be getting wiser.

LOL @ using your soul.
    test
  9. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

lol@ using your brain

thats why these niggaz beats sound like they do

niggaz be thinkin theres a formula and equation to a hot beat and shit
    test
  10. MgTheFuture

Since "Hot" Is A Perspective ... Logically, There Would Be A Formula To Fit That Given Perspective All The Time. Just As Beauty Is Translated In Other Art Forms ... Constants Exist In Music As Well.

Its Just A Matter Of What Your Target Is ... What Are You Trying To Achieve

Who Can Say You Are Wrong ?

Most Success Stories Begin With 1000+ Failures.
    test
  11. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

save the poor man's philosophy, dskills

some ppl kno whats hot and whats not

ALOT of you dont...and the comments i see on here from time to time proves my statement to be correct, not everybody can be a producer....just because u like to make beats doesnt mean its your birth-right to be successful at it
    test
  12. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Nah this is a result of making a beat for the sake of making a beat instead of writing a song.

The artist doesn't make the music. The artist is just going to react to whatever you gave them. Whether something comes out hot or not doesn't have anything to do with how simply or complex the music is but how much the artist knows what do with the beat. Bringing something to the next level doesn't have to mean being complex either.
    test
  13. MgTheFuture

Who Said "YOU" Were Born To Do This. Will YOU Ever Make It Into The History Books Of Music Legends ?

You Can't Say...

Meanwhile ...

Let Others Persue Their Dreams And Perceptions As Deemed Neccessary, Thats THE Purpose.

You Act Like You Have Acheived Enough To Rule And Discriminate These Issues With Precision.
    test
  14. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

dont worry about what i achieved

i just know i make material that competes with anybody in the industry...i AM competition with anybody in the industry

can u say the same?

ofcourse not.
    test
  15. MgTheFuture

I am not worrying about what you achieved. Thats what your thick cinder block head cant compute. Anyone and Everyone response against your philosophy on the way things you deem it to be, you gotta argue. Even if it dont make sense, you gotta put your .0002 into it.

Like dog, you almost 30 ... when you gonna settle down ? You been online longer than all of us, you been producing 2 times as long as most of use...and you be the same nigga reppin shit soo hard, that you later clown another nigga on.

whether it was soundclick (lying about your setup), whether it was how hard you were repping rocbattle, whether its the 5 albums you had national distribution for that we never heard...whatever your case may be... you over hype yourself. Then get mad when someone else doing it... like you a jealous little bitch. Like you bitter at life becuase niggas 21 with half of your experience been making the money YOU just smelled...for years now. You just got a fantom at 24 years old...you bitter that niggas here had tritons when they were 18...

You just starting to connect with niggas who get coffee for record execs...when teenagers been TO the record company sitting at desks with the CEOs...my self included.

You stay on here barking... but no one know you dog. You always talk about your moves...no one in this city know who you are...no one online know you. You get featured on a website and all of a sudden thats a big deal..but in the same breath someone is lame for selling beats to internet rappers ?

Nigga you a internet producer. The only acknowlegement and sales you have made worth shit (finally) have been online.

Take a seat in a the corner nigga..,,
    test
  16. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

lol@ this make believe ass story this nigga wrote, nigga u dont kno a god damn thing about me, its amazing how fans think think they kno somethin about me

u been here longer than ANYBODY, all it takes is for u to list your list of fav producers that all stopped postin here 5 or 6 years ago

u really hurt nigga......u think i'm salty over u?

a nigga that done married a bitch that cheated on him with a STRANGER she met at a party? and yall both livin in ya mothers house? (u think niggaz forgot? LOL)

like seriously dawg, do i really need to shit on u like that?

do i need to remind u of the countless times u PM'ed me thru aim or myspace?

nobody knos me but I got tracks on the radio, you dont nigga....i got tracks on TV, you dont nigga.........i got MAJOR LEAGUE niggaz co-signin my BRAND....YOU DONT NIGGA!!! LMAO!!! NO wonder u mad nigga.....

who needs to kno me anyway nigga? I'm a producer, not a rapper...lmao and you sir are an internet producer who makes BEATS for INTERNET RAPPERS, your entire production "career" can be documented by google nigga

you sir, are A LOSER........your beats are trash, you have no talent....your life defines failure.....

your beats are wack
    your wife is a whore

sound like a loser to me

if u mad, come see me nigga, just dont threaten to call the police this time
    test
  17. MgTheFuture

Married to who ? Im not married...

ROFL @ you bringing my cousin into this.

Wow you an off topic type of nigga. Whenever someone puts the facts on your ass you start hittin up AIM buddies and shit

I cant wait for him to get back from jersey...

Gl Hf DD nigga

you cant even get a real story about me to stick if you tried

but i guess thats how your music career goes as well....

you almost 30...

I dont have tracks on Tv ? since WHEN - I have 3 music videos to my tracks on Raleigh St Aug Regularly...

I have atleast 5 Djs spinning to my beats at parties every weak at unc and nc state

i have tracks on radio... k97.5 - most of those rappers on the battle i worked with

I worked and am working with EVERY significant rapper in this city...whom none of which heard of you

I put in work at the BIGGEST 3 studios in this area...none of which you've been to

And my most recent jump off - goes to the school your dad teaches kick ball at

I guess the apple dont fall far from the tree
    test
  18. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

1st off, the wack rappers in raleigh are CONSTANTLY calling my phone, but they simply cant afford an urb tactics beat....

nobody here knows who u are, or cares about u for that matter.....

u dont have any tracks on k97.5, stop lying dskills....

and a public access channel that shows weak local videos at 3:30 am on sundays (loool) nice job homey!

u work at the 3 biggest studios in raleigh (looool) the music scene is nonexistent here, so that means nothing.....

in conclusion, ur the average internet producer

ur done for the night
    test
  19. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

LOL @ Competing.

Competition is so overrated.
    test
  20. MgTheFuture

The Only Thing Non Existent In Raleigh Is Your Presence. Please Press Stop.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.