to all you atheists

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by THA ITIS, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Because spiritual laws like sowing and reaping are tangable laws that cant really be denied
    and they work for the sinner the same way as they work for the saints
    test
  2. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

Omg omg omg pascal's wager!! You're so smart and new and innovative!
    test
  3. THA ITIS

THA ITIS New Member

Stating the obvious.
    amg ur lyk tha best trull evar lololololol xD
    ur lyk so kewl dark n edgey amg lolololol xD
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

The Church teaches that human suffering is the path to salvation in the next world (whatever you want to call it), where "theists' souls" experience the undying eternal bliss. For me, it is irrefutable proof that "god" doesn't exist.

You're never making a believer out of me.

Please leave AMG out of this. Daimler AG group has nothing to do with religion.
    test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

test
  6. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

To me, if there is no God, there is no hell. This statement then becomes redundant. I truly don't believe in either.

It's not about having something to lose by believing, I just haven't been given enough to go on TO believe. Unwavering proof. If it is one day presented, then so be it. Until then, I'll carry on in my happy, Athiest world, thank you very much.
    test
  7. MissAndrya

LOVE this.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I suggest that the method OPD (of pure desperation) be recognized as a scientific one. Because it's the only way that ish will fly.
    test
  9. MissAndrya

Wrong. Even when I did believe, I was against all religions. The garbage that is both believed in and practiced turned my stomach, and I would not attend church, let alone join a religion.

When I 'came out' as an Athiest, many friends (some who have since ended the friendship because of it...piss on them) began asking 'what happened?', 'what's wrong?' etc.. Why does something have to be wrong for me to have switched beliefs? It makes me laugh. As for sadness in the end, I'll be dead, who cares. I also question the possibility of being reunited with loved ones etc. My happiness is in my living; watching my son grow, being there for loved ones, enjoying my passions etc.. That's all I need. In my ending, I will have experienced happiness. That's enough for me.

Am I depressed? Not at all.
    test
  10. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

CAESAR
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.

:hmmmm:
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

this sounds like karma

thank you for knowing about it
    test
  12. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

This is the lying 360degree circle Satan wants you to walk in. You are now aware of it. what are giong to do about it?
    test
  13. MissAndrya

test
  14. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

you're making a couple fairly large assumptions, here.

first, you're assuming that if god exists he is necessarily wrathful and jealous like the god of the bible. you're assuming he'll send people to hell for disbelieving in him. needless to say, this assumption is completely baseless. there could be some sort of deistic god (a 'supreme architect' that crafted the conditions before the big bang) or even some variation of pantheism (nature is god) without any concept of heaven or hell.

next, you're assuming that if a heaven and hell does exist along with god, that so long as you believe in some form of god he'll let you in to paradise. no religion i've ever encountered teaches this doctrine. if you don't get the right religion/god you go to hell.

finally, you're assuming that there's nothing to lose in being fundamentally wrong about the nature of reality. this might seem reasonable when you limit your view to one individual; dying after living a life believing in a false religion might seem petty in the grand scheme of things. but if you think about our species as a whole, and how religious and philosophical ideas permeate it, getting something this big wrong is nothing to gamble away. it's easy to detach yourself from this dilemma on the individual level, but if everyone lived by that philosophy there'd be no mechanism for the species to challenge false ideas so long as those ideas were laced with threats for those who disbelieve.

besides, as memento pointed out, some of us actually care about what's true and what's not.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Call it what u may. its a spiritual law. and it.exists.
    test
  16. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

you mean that death burger. enjoy.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

another pathetic attempt to group atheist together as if it is a religion. the only thing atheist hold in common is a disbelief in a deity which often varies.

the beginning logic is just pathetic, what is real is far from what makes us feel better. ill take the truth over what makes me sleep better at night
    test
  18. MissAndrya

Mr. Dramatic. I'm more convinced than ever that you're a woman.
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yes, and yes.

It's amazing how many times via various threads we came to the same conclusion that it still hasn't been established by some, that atheism is an absence of any belief in any religion.

One of those cycles we never run out of here it seems.

You are not alone in that assumption. :funny: :scared:
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

karma sure does, im glad we agree
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.