To all my fitness geeks.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snikka, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

What do you guys think about ab rollers?

the ones that is a wheel with handles on the side.

I noticed that lately after my normal weighted abs exercises I've been doing a bit on the gyms ab roller for somthing different.

and they are only like 5-7 bucks at websites and on ebay.

I'm thinking of copping one for home.

What do you think?
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

it's a good exercise for the abs, I saw a basically similar thing in Men's Health except with a barbell with weights on the end, I can't remember exactly what they said it specifically worked, but it helps flatten.

By itself it's worthless, but in addition to lifting and workouts, it's good shit.
    test
  3. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

No one exercise is going get your ABs tight, I find a variety of ab workout works the best. I do about 10-12 variations of abs 25 rep each. Switch it up.. left, right, slow, fast, weighted, upside down, leg raises, crunches, reverse crunch, exercise ball crunch, long arm crunch, cable crunches, twist, supermans, knee ups, rollers, bicycles, ab machine. Hit the obs real good.

Do that you will have brick for abs.
    test
  4. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

fuck you.i will never do all that.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

And not only doing varied ab exercises will give you abs, purple.
    test
  6. Snikka

it's not that I "don't have abs"

I actually have visible relatively hard abs. but they aren't "ripped" per se.

especially with my low cardio bulking.

I just have trouble working my abs more than 3 times per week, or at least fitting them into my workout every time. So I was looking for somthing I could do at home instead of at the gym that was different from the norm.

heads try to say shit like "do abs daily" etc etc... well fuck.. after I do a hard arm day or legs, somtimes I don't fucking feel like doing abs dammit.

btw, someone toss me a good lower ab/oblique exercise that doesn't require equiptment.
    test
  7. Snikka

thanks for the help nugs.
    test
  8. Snikka

btw at the gym my normal routine for abs is AT THE END of my workout.

3-4 sets of around 15 (or the max I can do) with a 30 lbs dumbell on my chest (usually I up the weight as necessary) on a low decline bench (right/left/front = 1 rep)

and then do leg raises on the dip bar or hanging usually 10-15 reps right after a set of the decline situps.

and I will switch it up and toss a plate behind my head and do crunches laying on the ground feet tucked under a bench or whatever in similar "to failure" fashion.

but that's "at the gym"

I don't have anything at home but dumbells up to 60lbs and like chairs to put my feet up on or what not.
    test
  9. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I wouldn't bother with an ab roller...just stick to your weighted crunches..hanging knee raises..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.