Tnt: Its All In The Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Vern Acular, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

The New Tribune

INTRO
    NEW BLOOD
    CHAMP TOURNEY ?
    NEW MOD ?
    TALENTS TOP 10
    VERNS FUTURE
    OUTRO

INTRO

First I want to say, im sorry for not having a mag, or participating in recent weeks, and I first want to thank my fellow mods for keeping things moving fluently, second I want to thank everyone that contributed in the structural success, and thirdly, I want to say thanks to everyone in the league for making it what it is, my departure wasn’t one that I planned, although it was, I was under the impressing that I’d have net service at my new place, but unfortunately, it’s still yet to happen, so my access is very limited, but as promised, im here to do the best damn mag to grace the internet EVER!!!!, welcome to The New Tribune featuring your very own 6x Champ and Sexy Mod, Vern Acular * claps from RSTL members *

NEW B(LL)OOD

In today’s league there are many different styles, competitors, and now sexes, with the edition of some extremely talented females, but one that stands out is Lucifer Leviathan, she’s basically come out of nowhere to being one of the top contenders in the top 30, with a current 5-0 record, she’s on the verge of doing what no other female in the RSTL has done, and that’s to win the RSTL title, IMO, if any female writer can take the title, it will be her, her very unique, abstract, and metaphorical style is one to drool over as you read, it’s just so crisp and authentic, from the verses I’ve read from her I must say she is one of my favorites right now, that’s my opinion, and I can bet most would agre, but the only problem is, she really hasn’t gone up against any, what we would call RSTL All Stars, but as she moves up, her chance to prove herself will reveal itself, will she change RSTL history, or just fade into the bottom 20 as another good writer, but not good enough to be named Champ!

CHAMP TOURNEY ?

About a month ago, I mentioned the ETA for the next champ tourney, ETA is estimated time of arrival, for those that don’t know, anyway, my idea was to have it start around the end of August which is just around the corner, the only problem is, the league would have to shut down for a week to get it started, and from what I see the league is moving rather smooth, and to put it on pause, may be detrimental to the participation in later weeks, so what I want to as ALL OF YOU, is do you feel there is need for another CHAMP TOURNEY or not, considering the next RSTL 64 man tourney will be scheduled around MID OCTOBER, with the winner joining Richard Corey and Mc4sight in the champ of champs tourney at the end of the year, if there is no 2nd CHAMP TOURNEY then the COC tourney at the end of the year will be just one match, a 3 way between, the 2 winners stated above, and the winner of the OCT Tourney, but I want to hear the league’s opinion, and the other mods, before I start anything, so if you have a suggestion, or you’re just cool with everything, let me know, your opinion will always lead to something positive, thanks

NEW MOD ?

First I want to say im not really up to date on this matter, as I haven’t been able to get online to hear the gossip, but it has been brought to my attention that a new mod is in talks due to Insane Villians expected departure, and that new mod is the peoples champ, “THA TALENT”, all I can say to this is IMO, this would be a great addition to the RSTL, he is by far the best critic here, he has been a champ, he knows the league inside out, and when I wasn’t able to do my job, he stepped in to help, as I did back when the league plummeted due to Tekneeks retirement, bottom line, this guy should be a mod, and im surprised he isn’t already, if it’s in my power to help him get the position, I just want to say im behind it 100%, and I hope you all agree​
    test
  2. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

TALENTS TOP 10

this was the best week the RSTL has had in ages.
    if you didn't make the top 10, don't feel bad at all.

10. Noib da Mutt...
    ...the mere fact that this verse is ranked tenth tells you how great this verse was...i can tell you that there have been some weeks where this verse would be top 5, maybe even top 3, and i can say the same for every verse above it...just a dope verse right here, he blended in a bunch of topics, taking his story in sequence and having a very nice and impactful ending that wasn't really a twist as much as a solid conclusion to a story of anger...this is the best i've read from noib.

9. Jowelz...
    ...i didn't expect much from Jowelz, because he rarely steps up his game aside from title matches...however, he did come with a very nic verse...he brought a lot of creativity to the table in what was definitely the only good "nursery rhyme" verse...he used the story of jack and jill to tell a story about a drug kingpin's rise, and then fall...he used the jack and jill story very well, and he told the story with the trademark Jowelz bravado...very enjoyable read, and a very good story.

8. Trap...
    ...after he shut out jowelz last week, trap was not ready to let corey get away with another easy win this week...trap came with a verse about a brother's decent into crime...it was nice, and though i thought trap might bring a little more this week, he still represented...his mechanics are solid and the twist he capped this one with was very nice...just a good all around verse, that was well written...could have been developed a little more, but still made for a very enjoyable read.

7. Equitus...
    ...Formal has a problem: he's got great writing skill but can never find a plot that fits his style...this week he achieved that...in a normal week, this verse is top 5...still top 7 is not bad by any means, and he really brought it...he's got a very poetic style, more like Omen's than Cigma's, but very poetic nonetheless...his word choice has gone from "wow, what was he thinking" to "damn, this kid has a nice writers voice"...hugely improved in this short time, as he becomes at ease with his style...this verse is a step in the right direction.

6. Khoi...
    ...sometimes, a great verse seems to be underappreciated...do i think Cereal Killer beat Khoi? yes, i do...but Khoi had a great verse...one of the most intruiging verses in a week of intruiging verses, and also very well written...Khoi brought a verse that would probably piss off Catholic officials, but fuck'em...he did it very well, and brought a completely new twist to the "Footprints in the Sand" topic...nice verse.

5. Richard Corey...
    ...lets get it over with...Richy Rich had a great verse...he displayed beauty through strong allusions, incredible wording, and a few very nice images...his flow is fucking ridiculous...and he never, ever, ever wastes a word...he chose the topic beauty, and he told us all why the world of beauty is fading...why the modern society is destroying beauty...he did so wonderfully, and he used brief glimpses at an old woman, "grandma"...the only real "flaw" i found in the verse was that he didn't bring in quite enough images for the topic "beauty"...still, dope verse.

4. Cigma...
    ...i have never, and will never subject myself to believing that the voters in the RSTL are always right, and thus, there will be times when this happens...though Cigma lost to Mac Flow, Cig has himself the #4 spot in my top 10 countdown, while Mac falls just short of the list...i'm not dissing mac, but that's the way i feel...Cigma has been known in his RSTL career to be a purebread poet, cut from the same mold as Jweaks...his word choice is always standout and very surreallistic, and he brought that to the table...no rust on him, he came with a great story of an anonymous "Bagger 128" who has found his unattainable beauty, Carolina...this verse was just so well written, the metaphors fitting together perfectly...he really got to me...this verse displays the power of beauty...it was beauty...great verse.

3. Lucifer Leviathon...
    ...yes, Erykah Caine and Honey Boo were dope...i liked their writing styles a lot, and they proved themselves...let me be the first(i think) to say this...Lucifer Leviathon is better than them...she is the most talented female writer the RSTL has ever seen in my opinion...very often, Tek will proclaim someone as an up and comer, but they will never prove themselves worthy of the title...Lucifer, this week, did so...her verse was just great, with a strong metaphor throughout and use of space/molecular jargon that added a lot to her verse, and was used very well...she took a very difficult approach, and pulled it off marvelously, getting her full point across perfectly...great job.

2. Cereal Killer...
    ...the hardest topic i made last week was about a sadal masochistic relationship...Cereal Killer chose this, and he did it remarkably well...Cereal Killer's verse was not about violence, or lust, or anything like that...his verse revolved around love...just what love is...the theme being love is what you make it...really, if you haven't read this verse, go read it...you will come out of it with a different perspective on love...he really tore into this topic, bringing in a lot of emotion and a great flow...and the ending was terrific...fantastic verse, that shut out another great one, in what was the battle of the week, in my eyes

1. MC4Sight...
    ...last week i fell in love with MC4Sight's verse...this week, he performed even better...this guy has amazed me for two weeks, and joins even more elite company in terms of Verse of the Week honors, as he now joins only Richard Corey and Omen as the only members of the more than two verses of the week, and in the club of back to back verses of the week...no one's done it three weeks in a row, and next week, Formal Logic(Equitus) will be handling the top 10, so he gets to make the final call if 4Sight deserves it.

VERNS FUTURE

Im currently in the process of signing up for the military, at this point I have no idea when im going to be sent off to boot camp, so right now it’s up in the air, but I will be around until I leave, until I get access at home, my availability will be really limited, but I will be checking in as much as I can, if you have something you need from me, my E-MAIL is ( vernacular4u@hotmail.com ), I check this when I can as well, PM is another option, I currently have no access to AIM either, so if you need to talk to me one on one, sorry, just e-mail me

OUTRO

Well that about wraps it up, im happy to be able to write another mag for you all, and im hoping I can again next week, but like I said if you read everything, my access is very limited, but I will be able to get on atleast once a week until I get my comp up at home, hit the e-mail if you need anything, thanks to the mods for handling things in my absence and I will talk to you all hopefully very soon, pz,

-Vern
    test
  3. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Ummm Vern I beat 4Sight in that tourny... *cries*
    test
  4. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

nice, as usual.
    test
  5. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word @ the mag

and word @ Omen
    test
  6. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

Damn it Vern. Dme thought you werent gonna write a mag, so he let me do it. LoL. I say you post my mag too, I stayed up way too late to not get it up.
    test
  7. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Yea home slice, edit that shit in there like WOAH. I didn't have time for my sweat the small shit this week cuz I'm moving...
    test
  8. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

lol nice waiting for top ten tho...

and yup....omen beat me....
    test
  9. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

I will have THE CONTROVERSY up on wed-thurs mos def.
    test
  10. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

well done on the mag

it would be good to see formals to

and the top ten

vern thanx for your dedication
    test
  11. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

i wanna see formals shit as well.
    test
  12. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

^ Me too. I bet it was good.
    test
  13. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

just fucking post it here damnit.
    test
  14. Lucifer Rofocale

Lucifer Rofocale New Member

...nice mag...
    ...and i didnt even hand you a bag of assorted sexual favors...
    ...*is flattered*...

...*waits on top 10*...
    test
  15. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

Nice mag, good loookin' on the top 10 Talent.
    test
  16. BrEaK-PoInT

BrEaK-PoInT New Member

test
  17. Lucifer Rofocale

Lucifer Rofocale New Member

...hooray@top 10 and bieng number 3...
    ...shit, that's exactly how i would have ranked the verses (not including me in the list, thats dumb)...
    ...i felt the same way about the other 9 verses mentioned...
    ...nice job talent...
    test
  18. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

yay #2 i love you talent in a non gay way ofcourse

woo hoo
    test
  19. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

Word. #1 vs #2 this week for a title shot and i'm going for 3 good luck cereal on my phone now but i'll be posting soon as i can get on. Pz
    test
  20. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Yes, it's talent...

Vern go nag Jeff... I cant get in the pit and you know he takes ages unless you 'motivate' him...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.