TNA Impact rating this week.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

NWO was not a soap opera like Hornswoggle being revealed to as Vince McMahon's son or AJ Styles trying to choose what side he's on and cliffhanging us to the PPV.

NWO went out there, some of them cut promos about absolutely nothing but getting fans excited about say, seeing the Wolfpac go on forever, and K-Dogg getting rowdy rowdy. Scott Hall did his Survey Says. Instead of NWO and Wolfpac being part of this storyline where one would thwart off the other, they just coexisted. One group was babyface, and the other group was heel. Where did that lead to? Nowhere. There was too much politics backstage for them to become a WWE-like soap opera... but they still beat them in the ratings, what, 82-83 weeks in a row? Eric Bischoff let the guys at the top run amok, he could care less, he was beating Vince McMahon, taking what he wanted, and living the lifestyle. Eric Bischoff was concerned with staying on top, that's one of the reasons we saw a bunch of PPV caliber matches happen on TV. WCW was so political, these things happened because the guys were concerned about what they wanted to do with their characters. Some of the guys had the ability to talk and get the crowd pumped, so they did (Wolfpac). Some of the guys wanted to look dominant (Goldberg) so he didn't lose a match... they actually had to have a legal teams present in order to tell Goldberg why it was important that he lose a match.

TNA could stand to be more like WWE than WCW in a sense of having control of the environment and being more mapped out, but they could stand to be more like WCW in being more of a showcase of talents in-ring and out of the ring instead of being a big soap opera all the time, especially when they suck at doing it week in and week out. WWE is unrealistic, but TNA has gone so beyond unrealistic it is just so horribly bad, and so fucking amazing that they can be so unrealistic with such a low budget. I mean, WWE does unrealistic things that make you say uh, ok, that's pretty bad lol, things stretch reality pretty far out. But then TNA comes along and does something so unrealistic, and that's sabotaging reality itself.

If Christian Cage went out there as a heel, started putting himself over on the mic, being cocky and obnoxious, and then some wrestler came out and challenged him to a match, they wrestled, Cage's opponent got the immediate upper hand and made Christian look weak for a moment, impressing people with what he did to Christian, and the Christian came back and got the upper hand and took control of the match and beat the guy that would do a lot more for both guys than Christian coming out and wanting to know if AJ Styles is going to be on his team, and Kurt Angle worrying about whether AJ is going to be on his team or not. I mean, Christian and Kurt have a fucking match coming up against one another and all they care about is AJ FUCKING STYLES?

Wow, I wonder what's going to happen. AJ STYLES IS GOING TO COME OUT AND COST SOMEONE THE MATCH, AND THEN THEY'LL GO OFF THE AIR WONDERING IF HE DID IT ON PURPOSE OR NOT. AND YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT TEAM AJ IS ON BY THE END OF THE SHOW... EVEN THOUGH THEY'LL BE ADVERTISING HIS DECISION AS BEING ON THE SHOW THE WHOLE NIGHT. WOW, WHAT A MONEY'S WORTH THAT IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT TEAM AJ IS GOING TO BE ON.
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Well yeah, getting people to watch Impact is much more important than getting them to buy PPVs. Ratings are everything. DON'T YOU KNOW THERE'S A MONDAY NIGHT WAR GOING ON?
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah, other boards are full of people calling other people marks and shit just because you don't agree with them. Like what Chopstick tries to do here (he's so far from being as bad as them though).

Listen Chop, some of us disagree with you, and we have our points, and you have your points. I respect that you enjoy actually discussing things and getting the board into debates and stuff, but it's better for you to leave that "mark" stuff at the door when you come in, because we're willing to have at least somewhat of an intelligent discussion with you. I'm sure if we are strongly slanted away from a company like TNA, we're going to be immature about it from time to time, but personally I don't try to throw accusations and such at you, I just try to defend my opinion.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I think if they put on a good PPV, a simple "Tune into Impact tomorrow at 9pm EST on Spike TV!" would suffice.
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Listen to that audio on wrestlezone.com with Konnan and Disco Inferno debating on the death of wcw. they bring up that situation. he was booked to loose to scott steiner so goldberg brought in a legal team because Goldberg felt that it wouldn't be real if scott steiner beat him
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You don't see the difference Chop Stick?

between this:

hmmmm

[youtube]9eVI_WaPLUs[/youtube]

[youtube]9sjlGSIkHx4[/youtube]

[youtube]TI-aEN7M5QA[/youtube]

[youtube]NxNJP0aSF1w[/youtube]

and this

WCW
    [youtube]dit0sfMCYpI[/youtube]
    [youtube]h-sGw8iLU_0[/youtube]
    [youtube]e-skn9NxCiM[/youtube]
    [youtube]ZVBDUZArpSY[/youtube]

???
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

the difference is.. wcw did it better.

however...... that isnt the point.. the point is, that's part of wrestling and tna isnt copying wwe.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.