TNA Impact rating this week.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

backstage segments ? youre reaching now.. please come up with a better reason.. [funny]
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

It's pretty funny how I'm a WWE mark to you sometimes, but when I agree with something that you read somewhere else on the internet I'm letting the internet talk for me. I agree with some things that is Popular Internet Opinion, but I disagree with it quite a bit too. This is one time where I agree. Try backing your arguments up with things other than "it's just obvious", "you can't prove that" or "you're just a smark/WWE mark".
    test
  3. abztrakt

So the fact that they completely changed the format of their show to be more like WWE shows is not a good argument for how they're trying to be like WWE? Do you want me to provide a TNA corporate memo that says "HEY GUYS WE'RE TRYING TO BE LIKE WWE NOW" or would that just be speculation too?
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

to be honest.. this is pretty much the only wrestling board i read/post on.. a lot of internet fans get on my nerves.. this is the only place i come to talk wrestling. anything i say is 100 percent true...... if not, i say i dont know (if its true)
    test
  5. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

therefore.. im never wrong.
    test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

they arent. that's just wrestling.. that's how it is.. WCW/WWE/F probably laid the foundation but its just something that every wrestling company follows.. its become a part of the wrestling business.. its like characters,pyro, entrance music

going backstage is a way to get us to know the people better.
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

i wouldnt consider that "copying"
    test
  8. abztrakt

They used to be more WCW style with just some backstage segments with more focus on in-ring action. Now they're more like WWE and later WCW when Russo tried to make WCW more like the WWF because he thought that would save it. I think it actually worked better for WCW than it has for TNA.
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

they made the switch from wrestling to entertainment.. it's simple. WCW/ECW did the same thing when they wanted to finally get on the map.
    test
  10. abztrakt

ECW didn't really change though. And WCW was wrestling when they were at their most successful. They didn't change to entertainment until the WWF passed them by, so they stole their head writer and tried to copy them. Nobody has ever succeeded trying to be like WWE because people who want WWE will watch WWE. TNA doesn't realize this.
    test
  11. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

so the NWO wouldnt be considered entertainment?

the thing is.. wcw at the time, knew how to mix wrestling with entertainment.. it was more entertainment, but they threw in just enough wrestling.

perfect mixture in other words.

even on FSN TNA has always gone backstage.. i think the problem is, they do a bunch of little skits that makes it feel like more than what it actually is
    test
  12. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

an a lot of those TNA skits.. arent that good. That's why i said the AJ stuff was well put together.
    test
  13. abztrakt

The NWO was wrestling, just like the Four Horsemen in their prime. They did shit in the ring for the most part. It wasn't entertainment, it was just an entertaining wrestling angle.
    test
  14. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

i remember the NWO talking a lot.. and beating people up backstage. i dont see how its any different.
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Not sure if you watched TNA from the start or not or just started later on, but they changed a lot since then. Seems like earlier on they were trying to set themselves apart from the competition and do something different. That's the route I think they need to take rather then follow a certain formula. Perhaps they need to try something different, something new that isn't reverse something. It's not like it will hurt the ratings.

Am I the only one here that has purchased TNA PPV's though? Not only the monthly ones but the weekly ones?
    test
  16. abztrakt

I actually downloaded the first 80 or so TNA weekly PPVs. I didn't buy them when they were first on though. And yeah, it's changed a lot.

And the NWO was still wrestling, not sportz entertainment. They beat guys up, but the Horsemen did that too, and 1984 NWA defintely wasn't sportz entertainment. It didn't really become "entertainment" until stuff like the Wolfpack split and the "Scott Hall is a drunk" angle.
    test
  17. i miss stables.. that used to be the thing to do in wrestling is start a stable

i ordered it every week i know it wouldnt be worth my money but for some reason i kept buying it... seems like i was hypnotized into ordering it lol.. same thing with WWA lol
    test
  18. abztrakt

There are plenty of stables still, it's just that they're all the same. Heel champion surrounded by a bunch of midcarders or jobbers. It's what every heel champion does on TNA or Smackdown. Jarrett, JBL, Christian, Edge, Angle, Booker.

ROH's heel stables have been pretty good and unique and have helped to elevate guys like Tyler Black, Necro Butcher, Rocky Romero, Davey Richards, Chris Hero, Larry Sweeney, etc. Their face stables have sucked though.
    test
  19. yea me to i been to one other forum to check it out and they thought cuz i was new to the forum i was new to wrestling in general and tried to follow me around post like they new more about wrestling it felt like i was on a forum with a bunch of 8 year olds i had to argue why WSX wasn't the best promotion. plus other forums are DIE FUCKING HARD TNA fans and TNA isnt a float anymore i got banned for bashing tna on one forum i think
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't take it personally, because that's just the internet talking for him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.