TNA Impact beat ECW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by M-theory, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The ratings are in from last night and TNA Impact soundly defeated ECW in the head-to-head ratings battle.

Last night's Impact drew a 1.1 cable rating. On a different timeslot, ECW garnered a 0.6 cable rating -- a record low for the program.

Mike Tenay: "WELCOME TO YOUR TWO HOUR ADRENALINE RUSH!!! THE SHOW THAT VINCE MCMAHON CAN'T STOP!!! THE SHOW VINCE MCMAHON CAN'T BEAT!!! THE NUMBER ONE RATED PRO-WRESTLING SHOW ON THURSDAY NIGHT LAST WEEK!!!! WWE CAN'T BEAT US!!!!! WE ARE TNA!!!!! WE ARE WRESTLING!!!!! LET'S GO TO THE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!"
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

TO THE BACK!

I bet Vince actually ends up taking this very seriously.
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah, well, isn't TNA is the aftermath left by September 11th? If I was Vince I would be pissed!
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

i forgot ecw was on thursday.. here i was thinking i missed it on tuesday.

but Impact was pretty good
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Tell me what happened without reading spoilers back.

I watched it and I enjoyed Christian and maybe a couple other things, but I don't remember much of it at all. The pack way too much into their shows still, and nobody can follow it without taking notes. Even then, a lot of it doesn't make any sense.

They still haven't revealed the briefcases, which was how they started the show. It's ridiculous. It's like they care more about their live audience then their TV audience. WHY?
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The thing that was just so fucking funny to me was that after all that hype for the 10 man tag, I was actually willing to pay to see it at Final Resolution, as a way to shell out money on something I don't really care all that much about.... I mean that hype was definitely good enough for a pay-per-view.... but then they went ahead and gave it away for free in a 20 minute match with at least one commercial break in the same night, effectively killing an awesome build-up. And then they DIDN'T reveal the briefcases, which was what they hyped for the show to begin with, and I'm supposed to care about it next week?
    test
  7. abztrakt

Impact is still painful as fuck to watch. Seriously, anybody who enjoys the show isn't really paying attention.

1. TNA stands for NOBODY GETS ALONG EVER. VKM = fighting. Angle Alliance/Christian Coalition = fighting. Triple X = fighting. Cornette and Matt Morgan = fighting. Rave, Hoyt, Hemme = fighting. All that arguing just starts to grate on my nerves after a while.

2. So the guys get to take the cases home with them at the PPV, this is supposed to be happening Thursday, but they're worried about tampering in the two hours of the show? Really? They don't think maybe they would've done that over the last four days? But they're worried about that now? And hey, if they're so worried about people tampering with the cases MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE OPENED THEM LIKE A LONG TIME AGO WHEN PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED?

3. Jim Cornette was in meetings? Really? They're going to have him in meetings during the two hours a week he needs to actually be doing his job? They couldn't have taken care of that any other time during the week?

4. Cheating in a match with no real rules isn't cheating. It's hard to buy somebody getting screwed when the other guys didn't really break any rules or anything. It just makes me want to slap the taste out of Mike Tenay's mouth.

5. A ladder match. For "custody" of the X Division title. With six guys. Shut the fuck up, that's retarded.

6. Bubba made fun of Cornette for being an authority with no balls, to which Cornette responded by showing absolutely no authority over Bubba. WAY TO GO, JIMMY.
    test
  8. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

bubba was supposed to be dominate.
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

youre reaching. wrestling never entirely makes sense.. you can go back and watch the greatest angles of ALL TIME and find flaws.. tons of them. thats the catch to such a great sport being predetermined. eventually you just start sounding like a smark that is never happy.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

TNA takes not making sense to a new level though.
    test
  11. abztrakt

I'm not reaching. These are just the things I could come up with off the top of my head after watching one episode while doing other stuff because just watching an episode of Impact is a waste of my time. You might have a high tolerance for terrible programming that makes no sense, but that doesn't mean it's ok.
    test
  12. abztrakt

drama is good tv.. plus vince russo loves that shit.

a. Good drama is good TV. Everybody arguing all the time is just irritating.
    b. Russo also loved David Arquette: World Champion, but that doesn't mean it was a good idea.

actually that was realistic. vince doesnt always watch raw .

He's the owner of the company, in the storylines he's hired someone to be in charge of the show, so it's at least a little different. You don't see Regal disappearing for half an episode of Raw because he thinks he has something better to do. Cornette is that person for TNA. There are two hours a week(or five I guess in a PPV week) where he's supposed to be in charge of the show. Why would he schedule meetings then? And even so, it wouldn't be realistic. It would just be something that happens a lot in wrestling.

bubba was supposed to be dominate.

I'm assuming you meant dominant. I don't think that's what it was, but still, there are better ways to do that than to make your authority figure look completely impotent.

huh..?

Tenay and West were bitching about the "miscarriage of justice" in the ladder match. But it's not like what 3D did was going to get them disqualified during a match without DQs. It just makes Tenay seems like a whiny little bitch. It doesn't make it look like the MCMGs and Lethal got screwed, it just makes it look like they got outsmarted.
    test
  13. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

havent seen any good points yet.

youre just making things up.
    test
  14. abztrakt

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, since you're obviously either arguing for the sake of arguing or completely blind to how bad TNA is. I just wanted an excuse to point out the flaws in Impact because for some reason that's fun to me.
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

chop stick is as confusing as TNA. One second he is saying he doesn't like everything about TNA and says they have flaws but then acts like they can do nothing wrong and it's the greatest wrestling program to ever grace the airwaves.

I think though if people want drama they will go elsewhere for it with better storylines and actors. Like for instance House, SVU, Wire, and so on are better sources of drama. All the arguing just makes TNA seem like a bad soap opera.

If you don't think the whole briefcase shit is dumb then you gotta be blind.
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

im just not going to complain about little things like bubbas attitude
    test
  17. abztrakt

Who was complaining about Bubba's attitude?
    test
  18. abztrakt

Yeah, all the arguing isn't even drama. It's just people arguing for the sake of arguing.
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Shall we set up some pylons?
    test
  20. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.