Tired of paying high rates for mixing and mastering? the answer is here!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by phaytal, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

lol...

everyone "masters"...

i think alot of people lost sight of what "mastering" is...

a couple questions for you "masterers"

1. Do you have acoustically treated control rooms?
    2. Do you have a shiny resume?
    3. What do you use to master your projects?
    4. Do any of you have any sort of certification?
    5. What kind of monitors are you using to master your clientele's music?
    test
  2. Ice Kapone

Ice Kapone .. :: Kevin James :: ..

Can I hear the comparison examples?
    test
  3. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I got all that syntax said and more...

so come to me and get mastered for the same price...

hahahahaha
    test
  4. Gripp

Gripp New Member

The truth of the damn matter is that if any of you were half as good as you try to make yourselves out to be, you wouldn't have to be pushing "professional" mastering on the internet. Damn people. Do you really think this website is making career options for you?

And please Phaytal, don't pipe in with that, "I'm trying to help some broke rappers out" business. If that was really the only thing you cared about, you wouldn't charge at all.

People just think they can get some quick cash by running someone's songs through a compressor and an EQ preset. The reason it sounds better to those people is because they never considered trying to work on it by themselves.
    test
  5. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^^smartest thing said in this thread so far. damn.
    test
  6. Deaf Def

Deaf Def Tha WordSmith

haha

oNe HAHA
    test
  7. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

How do you figure? I made a 30 second song....obviously not an atucal song to be on any album or anything, if i wanted free mastering i woulda posted a huge ass song, and when he challenged you id say "NEW COMPETITION!" instead of "We already had one, use that file"
    test
  8. Syntax_Mastery

*awaits my easy questionaire to be answered*
    test
  9. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

This site alone has helped me pay rent on more then one occasion.

33 posts? Get back to the textcee forum. I hear you are sorely missed.
    test
  10. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

I did back in Florida. I do not now.

http://www.ghetalion.com/mastering.php?op=work

For that George Merk mix, I mixed it so that it would fit the first person because the other two people after that were already mixed into the beat when I got it. Notice the huge gap in quality between first guy and the next two.

I can use Vegas, Acid, Cubase, Nuendo, or ProTools as long as it is DX compatible. I'm looking for Sonic Solution stuff, but... hard to crack ;)

ProTools 210M and 210P and an associate in studio engineering.

A toss up between piece of shit Altecs, rather good Tannoys, KRKs, and NS10s. Sure they aren't Westlakes, but then again, they aren't stock speakers either.

The problem is kids can't mix on the internet period. The cheap ways they get around this is to use a high-quality beat with shitty vocals, or an extremely dope performance which will hopefully drown out the quality. They think jacking the high end and throwing a compressor on a signal chain (having no idea how to use it, need I mind you) is good enough. Mastering only applies (correctly, at least) to albums anyways. I say this because you can master a single track, yay, for a single release, but if you plan on putting that single on an album, you better make everything else sound like that or rework that to sound like everything else.
    test
  11. Gripp

Gripp New Member

I respect you so much more now that you've insulted my rhyming skills without hearing me and revealed that you'd be evicted if it weren't for your cheesyass internet mastering.

Th' only thing that proves is that you have to turn to people on the 'net who don't know any better.

Essentially what you just said is that the only place you can sell is on the internet. Good work.
    test
  12. Syntax_Mastery

good answers ghet....

*looks for westlake monitors* i never heard of those... the highest standard i've ever listened to with my own ear are hartley mastering monitors...

and vegas live... i thought that was for video and such.. but i could be mistaken...
    test
  13. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

I can master those textcee performances for $15.00 a page.

I can have those words looking so fresh kids won't believe the quality when they read it.
    test
  14. Gripp

Gripp New Member

Stick to stand-up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.