Tips to Bring traffic back

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by FeedMeMore, Jan 8, 2014.

1. The Business

The Business Moderator

I had this site ready to become the home to Grind Time and KOTD, but Jeff shot down the changes I made to this forum, if anyone was around here at the time .. it was when the name of this sub changed...that was me..

I can still communicate with Lush or Organik, but the site would have to fork over some serious advertising money over.

Let me know.
    test
  2. BattlingGuru

BattlingGuru Active Member

The main thing that rubbed me the wrong way wasn't the fact that they changed the site, but when they changed the site, they fucked up a decade's worth of polls.

It was nice to be able to reference old battle threads and see who the community had winning.

Most posters were opposed to changing the site as it was, but fucking up every poll that ever existed made it clear that whoever changed things didn't give a fuck about the posters, battle rap or the sense of community that this site used to have.

It is what it is.

All of these battle rap forums are corny, to be real, because they're filled with cornballs.

@FeedMeMore You were always one of the better posters. Always wondered why you didn't switch over to one of the other forums.
    test
  3. gpro911

gpro911 New Member

the design of the site is nice
    test
  4. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

that's retarded ,,, BVA were the trolls of this site and constantly would get banned or hated as much as possible (( all they did was talk shit , bootlegged / stole from leagues , never support battle rap , battlers music )) so they left to have a site were they could "body" each other all day

the core posters & old heads stayed (about 2000 daily) and were happy they left , but the design change thing happened & every1 made threads and all campaigned for it to be changed back , they wouldn't and EK got an idea to make a new one just like the old one ((it is filled with trolls now , cause of shitty new school fans , never seen people fans of something hate on it that much in the history of anything that has fans ))
    test
  5. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

@about the 1st thing you wrote , THATS FUCKED UP , I didn't know about that .. the polls on battles that go back to freestyle days IS BATTLE RAP HISTORY ,, if it every seriously blows up ((I mean its constantly grown ...... that's would be VALUBLE CONTENT

& about 2nd part there were good posters ,, early RM was cool as fuck
    but the new gen. battle rap fans started to appear and the majority are just punks
    (( noting but hating --> on leagues , battlers , "every thing sucks" , "every ones whack but my top 5" if your a fan of a MC your a dickrider , "all music form battlers is whack" "fuck supporting leagues or battlers" ,
    type mufuckas made it a cluster fuck , a virtual playground for trolls
    for a while after they left for OT ((and when BVA started it was cool at first))

EDIT
    I WOULD TOTALLY START POSTIN HEAR AGAIN IF JUST IF AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT OF PEOPLE POSTED AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I actually agree with the overall sentiment of your post above, as I understand it. But ya know? It's like voting. IF you refuse to vote? You both endorse the things that you hate by not voting out the corrupt haters causing the problems, and guarantee its perpetuation...by NOT doing your part to put foot to ass of haters. However numerous they are.

And yeah I didn't know that they screwed the battle polls. That is an irreparable loss. That IS battle rap history. You're right.
    test
  7. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I remember you and I remember when you were gonna do that. I was SHOCKED that Jeff didn't ride with Lush and/or Organik. In fact? I remember not believing that he wouldn't, at first.

The current owners would know about allat way more than any of us would. I hope they'd be willing to do biz with GT and KOTD, but...nobody knows for sure except the Admins and owner
    test
  8. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Yo it used to be a community of people who were directly involved for the most part....throwing battles being battlers going to events when there was no money or views other than in a real small circles it was real cool to see someone dope on vid and show up at an event or interact in posts about random stuff or specific battles. You couldmake real connections maybe not friends but cool peoples. Then battle rap blew up and dope battlers had like stalkers and weirdos obssessing over the site. Money came into the site and the weirdos got mods spots started having live cam tickle parties and ruined the whole thing. The site didnt cater to the old heads and keep new heads in check it handed the keys to the crazies. I dont check no sites anymore. Battle rap aint the same and neother are the fans or the culture. And thats ok....we old heads are old we dont giveenough of a fuck anymore to participate. Was fun days though going to scribble and 2on2s.

PEACE
    test
  9. CypherA

CypherA Member

That's all true. I recognize your username as well.

This used to be a dope battle forum, actual MCs posted in here and it was a good way to keep up on what was going on.

I hate battle rap now. It's like a television show. There aren't live tournaments any more, or battles over instrumentals. Shit is gay.
    test