Tips to Bring traffic back

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by FeedMeMore, Jan 8, 2014.

1. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

What are some tips you have to bring traffic back to this site. I'm trying to make sure we get battles posted here again. But it won't help without discussions The other sites are not as good as this used to be. So how do we get people who didn't transfer over to be interested. And those who transferred over what can be done to check this site again.

Better relationship with the league owners and this site owner could help Not sure of any connections
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

It's hard because a lot of the league staffers and a few battlers went with that whole movement. But we could definitely try and brainstorm and think of some stuff. I miss how this side USED to be @FeedMeMore
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. zipperhedjoe

zipperhedjoe Conrad murray, mic killa

i think you should make another smiley suggestion thread
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

Decided to visit the site again for the first time in half a year

The design sucks, it looks out dated

You guys should close this section and accept this section will never be what it was. Noones going to post here when they see so many threads with 0 replies. I think as far as battling, this isn't the site to go to anymore you guys should just forcus more on the rap music side
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. CypherA

CypherA Member

What other battle forums are there, out of curiosity? I haven't posted here in a couple years. I was here when it was emceebattles.com back in the day.
    test
  6. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

I liked that the GRBs came back...did my best toi check those...I think why most people don't come back was the hostility from the mods after the great divide.. I'll do my best to continue posting here
    test
  7. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

But why drop it. People form forums that gain popularity from nothing. We might not be able to get old heads back but we can try and build from the ground up.

I do think the owners need to communicate with the leagues more. Maybe sponsor an event or at least a big battle

Or choose a new upstart league to make this there spot to discuss.

What about an online rap battle tourney.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

I agree.
    test
  9. BIGDENNIS10UK

BIGDENNIS10UK Member

What happened to this site?

First time I've been here in a while.
    test
  10. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

When they changed the design here most people didn't like it, so another site was made and all the battle fans went there. This site won't let you say the name of that site though
    test
  11. BIGDENNIS10UK

BIGDENNIS10UK Member

Sohh syndrome
    test
  12. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Why promote an unoriginal site that basically a recreated version of this site.

I check the other site and I don't really see what makes it so updated looking in design.
    I feel it was nothing more than a power trip to some
    test
  13. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

The thing that you ignorantly and arrogantly refuse to accept is that that "unoriginal" site had a design people were far more used to. You guys had an opportunity to change it back to the way it was but didn't and far more people prefer the way it looks over there.

Can someone delete all my posts and ban my account if there's only 3 people that post here and FMM is a moderator? Thank you.
    test
  14. rapper1

rapper1 New Member

Offer contests, put your signature link in other forums to have those members visit it. Spread the word via friends and family, and try to get as many posts as you can on here.
    test
  15. Nick Vayne

Nick Vayne Well-Known Member

Why are you acting like you don't know what went wrong?

You changed the design (and the rep system) and people hated it.. there were 30 threads every day for weeks telling/asking/BEGGING you to change back te design.
    Y'all didn't and everyone left.. simple as.

And after that weirdo mod went on a rampage nodoby even wants to come back.

Because IT ISN'T. It's the "original"/classic design everyone was asking for. FFS.
    test
  16. Nimrawd

Nimrawd New Member

BVA were the first to leave this wasteland, and everyone else followed suit.

if you're not content with the sites made by craig and erik, come to TRN. we've got a battle rap forum too.
    test
  17. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

every site i have seen upgrade their vbulletin has immediately lost traffic. itss crazy how a redesign can make people stop posting
    test
  18. BaronxObama

BaronxObama Bronx Borough President

i own B.A.R.S. Battle League, and i still post everywhere, i had no personal issues with anyone when the switch happened, but a lot of it was some power trip shit from what i know of it. but i think a lot of battle rap fans feel like battling is the most authentic form of rapping there is, and just the fact that the bva isn't the 1st thing on the list is a turn off somewhat (to me even), i know its stupid, but its like a slap in the face of battle rap, cause everyone didn't leave.
    neway, the site does have a bad design tho i think, its a forum, w/e, but the media area, and the other few links look kinda lame, idk how i would suggest u hook it up, so i guess the (best and simplest) advice i would give you if this was a consultation would be that u have one of the best domain names in history, like ever, throw some money out there for some real promo, fancy up the site some, add some other aspects to the site in general, get some merch, get some pictures of some bad bitches in said merch, circulate said pictures around the net (#adsense ads, etc.>>>), n turn this shit into a real like brand brand.

(and dont try to delete this post and take credit if/when this works either nigga!) lol
    test
  19. krayziebone1999

krayziebone1999 Well-Known Member

You guys didn't lose traffic because of the design, you lost traffic because otbva has the bootlegs but I remember when I used to post here u guys didn't.
    test
  20. ToyaBisch

ToyaBisch Public Relatons and Senior Label Rep

ONLY A FEW SLOTS LEFT!!!!
    ***CLICK LINK BELOW***
    BRICKSQUAD MIXTAPE!!!
    SUBMIT YOUR TRACKS NOW!

DONMEGA PRESENTS "GUCCIMANE1017 MIXTAPE BIRDS OF A FEATHER"....
    1slot for $50 or
    3 slots for $100

*BRICKSQUAD *
    Mixtape drops July 1st!
    -Artist if you want to be on this mixtape inbox me

***Submit tracks by June 22nd at the link below***

http://megamuzik1017.com/works/boss-get-bosses-around-vol-5/ 888-718-1017
    #PublicRelations #PR #marketing #LabelRep #Music #Industry #business #work #grind #hustle #mixtape #BrickSquad #studio #DonMega #Miami #datpiff #Mastering #GucciMane #datpiff #studioflo #beats #bars #mic #microphonedoctors #lyrics #lyricist #media #vocals #spin #turnup

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
    test