tips on making the kick bang hard in FL without over-doing it

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Lou-Ville Sluggah, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

test
  2. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

test
  3. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

ahha..when that bass drops in the beat its over lol...I was tryin to figure out what made that shit so tight a while back and its the damn bass man..and how it plays along with the notes...imagine if them 808s were out of key...that shit would sound horrid

I mean u can get away with drums/hihats/crashes/snares not being totally in key..but the bass GOTS to be.

posted on the corner like a lightpole.........
    test
  4. datN!GGAeDouble

datN!GGAeDouble Lil Havana Representa

i get wut urb is sayin...i dont go lookin for a specific pitch, but i jus pitch up n down till its right in my opinion...btw nigga chekc ur myspace friends request haha
    test
  5. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

dude seriously shut up and get over it

its MY OPINION

alright your a cool fruity loops alstar wit banging drums

give yourself a round of aplause and keep it moving
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

i shall.. i appreciate that.
    test
  7. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

It's called "pitch" bending.

Drusm donmt coem in Notes. You dont play drums like you play a gutiar or piano.

ask ne live drummer
    test
  8. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

nah the drums ARE clipped 99% of the time. i didnt just get that info from ann RM member (liquid), i also heard it from an engineer @ patchwerk studios. Yea Platinum Plaque Engineer> you

The only way theyd not leave enuff room for the other instrument is if u clipped them after they went back into the consoles interface...its supposed to b done before

Clippin drums in hip hop is like how white boys distort their guitars in rock...same concept
    test
  9. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

lmao...Normalize them? Compress? 24-Bit Drums? That rite there tells me u dont know wtf u talkin bout

The only time 24-Bit is used is for recording/mixing..not for sampling. All u need is 16 bit drums...all a higher Bit-Rate does is add more dynamic Range...which isnt necesarry for single one shot drums.
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

aint one nigga in here wit a drumset...we talkin about niggaz loadin up samples on drum pads dawg....

and u way off wit the pitch bending shit....
    test
  11. E.K.O.B.A.H.

E.K.O.B.A.H. ItsArtic.com!

track out ur beats and do all that shit outside of fl
    test
  12. The Militant

The Militant New Member

im sorry but you do not know what youre talking about man

drums DO have a key. ask any drummer and he will tell about tuning drums. and i should fucking know, im sitting right next to my drum kit now and i just tuned it a while ago.

different bands tune their drums differently,all the drums bass, snare and especially toms for fill ins and shit.

everything has a key. a key is a frequency. saying a sound has no frequency is so fucking retarded you need to slap yourself.

thats like saying a light doesnt have a colour.
    test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Wtf are you talking about dogg. I never said drums aint have no key, im sayin, you can't build no fuckin scale on drums dog. you can't sitt ehre and hit the god damn snare, and expect to producin a fuckin F, G, A, B, B... all consecutively... stop comin in here with that nonsense. of course everything instrument has a key.. but that drum stays in that key, and that key only.. the shit can't move up and down when its struck..get the fuck outta here. and like i said, if tha twas the case, they would have fuckin key signatures when they write for drums.. and they dont... i haven't seen any sheet music wit a god damn key for drums..

Quote from my music theory book

so u tellin me if a composer needed you to play two keys.. you tellin ME u can kick ONCE, produce an F, then kick again, and produce a B for the person.. in a muthafuckin live performance?

Fuck outta here dog. go play somewhere with that nonsense, I was a drummer also.

I bet you was waitin for me to slip up so u can get at me.. fuck outta my face.
    test
  14. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  15. The Militant

The Militant New Member

ok im not trying to cyber beef with you im just saying for a start, you can get different notes out of a drum by hitting it differently, but thats not even the point.

the whole point was when youre making BEATS with drums, nobody plays that shit live on here, its just a sample, and you can very easily tune that sample to any pitch you want (therefore putting it into any key)

so yeh you CAN take your snare for example and get a scale out of it, but thats competely nothing to do with anything cos a scale doesnt mean shit musically, its what you make out of a scale. and hardly ANYONE uses the drum tuned to more than one note in a whole beat.

so basically if you want to make your music better just try getting that one hit snare sample (for example) and adjusting the pitch so that the note is in key with the song. dont knock it, just try it man. it might make ur beats better.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.