Tips and General Health Related Topics...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mighty GK, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

a lot of this is common sense..but from my experience..the SUM of these things are what gets u results.

1. watch ur diet...I cut out all pop and sweets..drink water, oj, apple juice...limit fast foods...and stay committed...if ur diet is f'd then u will never get that lean look..I promise u this cuz I tried for YEARS..won't happen.

2. sleep right..common sense..but that's when muscles grow..yep lol..so get plenty of rest

3. work out..and make it fun..but the key....which has gotten me results..is to PUSH it to the LIMIT like the dude rick ross said. whatever u do when ur in the gym...make sure ur getting the best workout...u wanna see results right??? do the extra set..take a minute break and do another...take a half minute and do whatever else u can..keep at it til you can't do a set pretty much....if u go in there and sit around u might aswell just GTFOthere....

stay consistant with it also...make it a part of your routine..and before u know it u'll WANT to go cuz u will start to see results.

4. pick a set of muscles for the day...don't do the same shit everytime u go in the gym. the only muscle u can work out everytime is abs IMO..cuz they are super hard to work out to that point where they won't be fine in a day or 2..to me anyways...but pretty much just change up ur routine whenever ur there...but keep it consistant. what I do is this
    day 1..upper body/abs
    day 2. legs and abs
    day 3...upper body again/abs..but not the same as day 1...many machines let u do different stuff..do all kinds of angles and keep your muscles guessing..if u did benchpress on day 1..do them now but do it inclined..wide and close on the bar.

that's another thing..just do as many different types of workouts of the machines as u can think of...my golden rule is "whatever workout annoys u the most...is what u should be doing MORE of"...like my abs are still pretty weak and that's why I try to do them a lot now haha..cuz that's my weakness

picking a certain muscle group is good though cuz ur whole body won't be sore the next day...I've been there where I thought I did a good run one day then the enxt day I didn't even go cuz I was too worn out...just pick 1 group and stick with it..then pick a new on the next day

5. freeweights>machines..all day...why?? because the machines stabalize the weight for u...while on freeweights u are working out even when ur holding them before u start do do ur sets..and when u pick them up and more them around that is a lil workout in itself

6..do a small exercise before u go to bed lol..might seem weird to u but I do a couple sets of pushups before bed...and its improved my arms a lot..again do wide and close ones. and keep pushing more and more. when I started I was annoyed by them but now they are fun and I've gotten to the point where I can do..Idk..diamond pushups?? lol. its like ur throwing up the roc sign but ur doing pushups. I couldn't do them at all before but I just kept working at it and now I am able to.

7. use the right amount of weights....get the most RANGE possible..and make every push,pull,..whatever a good one. there's no point in using weights u can barely lift..cuz u won't get a good set in..use the proper weight and do 3 or 4 sets instead or half of a set with something u can barely lift. go down all the way..and bring it back steadily..don't be lazy with it...

8.watch ur breathing..whatever the hard part of the exercise is..exhale then..and inhale on the easy part..it might be common knowledge but I do a lot more and feel better then I pay attention to it..iuno..haha

9. keep hydrated..common sense..but do it...it will help get that last set in

10. strech before and after u work out...common sense again..but dont' forget it...nothing fancy either just whatever muscle ur about to use..yep

11. know your limit..when I say push it to the limit I don't want u to hurt urself...learn your body and come as close to that line as you can.

ok well that's what I have so far. help me out guys what else should I improve on????..am I missing anything?????
    test
  2. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

dudes in jail do pushups, dips, pullups, bench, and curls they come out sculpted as hell, if you're on your feet alot your legs don't need to be exercised IMO
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

From what I hear, when weights are inaccessible in prison, burpees are the most frequently used exercise in the joint. Which work the legs.
    test
  4. macmilimeterhyms

^^^can you elaborate, i have no idea how to do a burpee

and from what I've seen everybody does dips on corner railings, pull ups under stairs, and pushups.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I stole this from BB.com

[​IMG]

To perform a Burpee:

Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.

Kick your feet back to a pushup position*.

Immediately return your feet to the squat position.

Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.

Repeat, moving as fast as possible. You should maintain a fast pace for this exercise. Strive for maximum height with each jump. Most athletes will average between 12 and 15 repetitions per 30 seconds.

* Notice how I highlighted Step 2. You can increase the intensity of the Burpee by altering this step. If you prefer the easy way out, you will maintain straight arms as you kick your feet back. You will end in the upright position of a pushup (arms fully extended). You would then continue by returning your feet to the squat position, and conclude with an explosive jump into the air. If you really want to crank up the intensity, you will…

Variation:

This "variation" is the ONLY way that I perform Burpees.

To perform a Burpee with a pushup:

Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.

Kick your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into the bottom portion of a pushup. Your arms will not be extended.

Immediately return your feet to the squat position, while simultaneously pushing "up" with your arms. You will perform a pushup as you return your feet to the squat position.

Leap up as high as possible from the squat position. Repeat, moving as fast as possible.
    test
  6. macmilimeterhyms

I've never seen that in my life lol

thanks for elaborating
    test
  7. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

I'm gonna try the burpee today when I go to the gym..seems like a fun lil exercise.

I gotta step up my cardio also cuz I've been slacking on that..I usually just wanna get right to the weights lol.

I go swimming like 2 times a week..that's fun as hell...but running annoys me man lol. Idk..just all those weights being there and I'm on the treadmill..it just seems weird.

crunches used to annoy me too but now I'm into em. I'm gonna try that 8 minute ab workout for a few weeks from the other thread. I tried it 2 days in a row and it is a great ab workout IMO if u aren't lazy when u do it.

how long do u guys work out for???

I go in and do about 10 sets of 10-12...with about a 2 minute break max inbetween each. what I do when I get too tired to lift I'll get a drink of water then do a set of crunches...then do more lifting..and go back to crunches again when I get too tired to lift.

I'm usually in there for 30-45 minutes tops...then I come home and eat 2 peanut butter sandwiches haha.

does that seem too weak?? or should it be pretty good if I do all my sets properly??..cuz this year I am all about form now...perfect form on everything..and maximum flexing of the muscles with each lift. overall I'd say it gives me a good workout but 20-25 minutes after I get home I feel pretty refreshed...and not sore at all like last year.
    test
  8. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i love burpees, a great workout is to get 2 kettle balls, put them on the floor in front of you. do a burpee with your hands on the kettle balls, and when your in squat position after the burpee, basically hang clean and press the kettle balls, go down for a burpee, and repeat. i love that exercise.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.