(Tip) When Ur Shopping Beats On Cd

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by DjayCasper, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

stalker [look]
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Where the hell are u guys gettin all this 'common knowledge' from. Just curious. Cuz most of it aint even true. Yal talkin liike anr's pick out hot beats. 90% of the time the artist comes to the anr and they just give the artist a shitload of cd's. Then the artist pick's which one they want. And if u wanna know where I get my knowledge from my manager was anr at arista. So u can argue with me all u want it will just prove u don't know shit
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its like soliciting. nobody pays attention to solicitors unless its something they want. thats where u would think the common knowledge thing would come in. unless they ask for ur shit dont send it there are always those stubborn people who refuse to listen tho. that would be like me sendin u a bunch of cds that u never asked for after u got 10million others this week. r u really gonan sit and listen to my shit or ru just gonna throw it out and wait for the ones u asked for
    test
  4. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

since when did the title say

"when sending ur beat CD to thousands of record label addresses you got from an e-book you bought on ebay in hopes of making it in the game, follow these instructions"

obviously from the context of his post you can see he means if someone requested your beat CD, these would be a few good guidelines to follow when structuring/creating your CD
    test
  5. Second Skin

Second Skin New Member

^^^Thank you. He IS right as far as sending something that is REQUESTED AND Prem is right about sending shit WITHOUT it being REQUESTED...Because if you ask any MAJOR artist how they found their beat for a particular song they'll name a specific person who linked them up with the producer, you rarely here 'Oh we just got these out the mail.' RELATIONSHIPS are the BIGGEST key to breaking mainstream.

Mainstream music is so EASY to copy/do, but it's so HARD to break in.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

see me... i read up and coming producers interviews. ive read prolly everyone on ••••••••••. and the question they always get asked is "how did you link up with so and so"

most of the time its through just sending beat CD's. that "hate it or love it" cool and dre sent to interscope on a beat CD, than one day thye got a phone call saying "50 did a track on one of your beats". who knows if they were requested or not. doesnt really matter. and for you guy's information anr's DO NOT GET GVERY MANY BEAT CD's. no. they dont. i dont know who the fuck is telling you guys this. they get thousands of demo's of rappers everyday. not no damn beat CD's.
    test
  7. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^smh @ this idiot

Beat CDs and demos fall in the same category you piece of turtle shit. I HATE when niggas try and talk like they know what they're talking about and have NO clue whatsoever. Cool & Dre were already reputable in the industry before "Hate It or Love It" so of course people would listen to their shit dummy. I'm sure they didn't submit the CD like an average beatmaker would do (you). The people at Interscope probably called them up for A MEETING and picked it.

lol @ you believing the shit in interviews. you have sooooooooooooo much to learn.
    test
  8. Premize Prod

from listening to your beats you have alot more...

what have you done again.

wats my latest track produced

40 glocc ft/mobb deep and cocaine

your wack... and dont know wat the fuck your talking about.. your talking like your a big shot when you were sucking myt dick not to long ago. fallback.
    pz.
    test
  9. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i wanna hear that track permize. has it already been released? Im in pretty good with kokane and have heard a lot of his unreleased shit but i dont always know who produces it
    test
  10. Loud Enuff

Loud Enuff Loud Enuff Productions

premize those family guy tags are not working man but hot shit..
    test
  11. Premize Prod

LMAO. those aint tags my nig. someone posted a video in the comments. you gotta stop that shit.

and those aint even new hot beats. those throwbacks from 04 i think

www.soundclick.com/streetheaterproductions

i think i got afew new iones up there.
    test
  12. Fro$tyTheGreat

lol.. wow! "40 Glocc''! oh my God. they're SOOOO reputable.

you're an idiot. talking to you is like talking to a special Ed class so i'ma end it here.
    test
  13. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

actually its
    "Wow mobb deep!"

i think its cool homeboy got them on a track
    wether its a feautured spot or thier own track

good shit.
    test
  14. Premize Prod

40 glocc is signed with mobb deep.. and yes im connected with mobb deep. thats all the info imma say for now.

frosty i seen ya pics. you like a little faggot. and your beats are wack.. stop tryin to act hard on here.

pz.
    test
  15. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

^lmao...dude dresses like Kanye West
    test
  16. Fro$tyTheGreat

thank for the hits :tongue:
    test
  17. kojo

kojo New Member

so to the cats making moves on here like premize and frosty...a good manager to represent your work, did u go after them or did they find you?

on a sidenote, i think myspace is a helluva networking tool to help ur chances...
    test
  18. Fro$tyTheGreat

^you're definitely right

I think your bargaining power will absolutely be better if the manager finds YOU. but if you're a hungry cat like 99.5% of people on this board then chances are it won't happen that way.
    test
  19. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

yall niggas aint fuckin wit my nigga Frosty.

lame ass niggas
    test
  20. Fro$tyTheGreat

lol. they have no idea b, no idea whatsoever.

you're one of the few cats that know the situation
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.