time traveling thoughts youve never thunk

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by breathlesss, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Ok, lets say it is possible, but, with this logic, it would make it useless, or requiring a teleporter of sorts, or you would have to travel contained in a spaceship, or on travel to the exact time of year/day with a range of only 50 or so years...

Say you travel 6 months into the future, you wind up on the opposite side of the sun as the planet, or, exactly 72 years, same day/time/year, into the future, the precession has wobbled by 1°, and your legs are now encased in dirt...
    Or, just thought of this, if I traveled 3 hours into the future from a point in michigan, I would end up around oregon, hopefully at the same elevation level...
    test
  2. breathlesss

Really? 60 views and not one "you're an idiot" or "fucking genius" this isn't a convulsing new york bum
    You can't ignore this shit
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah, well hopefully if they ever figure it out they would work out those bugs right?

What about future spacestations? when we finally get them, whats gonna protect them from space debris and microcomets?

see im supposing on a suppose.... its all speculations...
    test
  4. breathlesss

[​IMG]
    For real though, laser technology could detect, and destroy/redirect them
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

supposing we advance lazer technology to that level...

and supposing they develope technology to detect a microcomets travelling over 30kms a second...
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I know what youre getting at though, and it would suck to go into the future and find yourself embedded in a rock unable to push the button on your travel machine
    test
  7. breathlesss

We ain't far off
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

that wasnt my point but that still cool as fuck
    test
  9. breathlesss

The detection part is still a ways away for sure, I bet they could do that with lasers too, giant grid style or something
    test
  10. x calibur

x calibur

time travel would have to include teleportation to compensate for the earths movement etc. Ideally you'd do it out in space to avoid those issues.

in fact, the only feasible time travel is forwards, and it would take place in space. by traveling extremely fast, you would take advantage of relativity so that you would experience much less time within a given time-frame than observers on earth. So for example, you could spend a day traveling close to c, then come back to find that it's 10 years later on earth.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i wouldnt mind jumpin ahead 10 yrs

i cant wait till they have those food replicators like they did on the ss enterprise
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.