Timbo or Premo????

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Embassy Sweetz, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

yea i think timbo will leave a bigger influence on music in general.. who even doubts that?

i like premo a lot too...... but no one in here thinks that RZA left a bigger influence on hip-hop than premo? just wonderin
    test
  2. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

kanye didnt really change the game he just broght the chipmunk sound to the mainstream. he has hot beats tho.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

hahaha.......kanye brought lupe to the light......you say you're from chi town......lupe had a deal offer from rocca long before kanye let rhymefest write his songs........and further what would that have shit to do with me quoting lupe?...you are trying to tell me kanye discovered him, and typed my sig.......those twita beats you mention.....listen to the samples.....he put a kick and a snare and looped it.......you could probably do that.....and if you didn't know twista before overnight celeb....well.....you need to study up......I don't think kanye is wack, so you can take your finger off the trigger......ignorant posts like yours show how little some cats know about rap, let alone producing.......IZZO is the best beat he made......and timbo and primo both have done unequivicablly more for music than kanye......I'd stick with dubai......you probably sound less retarted there........
    test
  4. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

man no one is hatin jabbar...its just ludicrous to compare kanyes legacy to someone of timbs status...u say at one point in time..every hit on the radio was a kanye joint..well shit..timbs done that how many summers..??..shit hes dam near doin it now with pop music...timb is on a whoel diff planet than kanye is right now..and until kanye proves otherwise...it'll stay that way...
    test
  5. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

All u fruitcakes that hated, not includin the last guy that posted before me, just look at my first post...what did i say. 30 years from now, kanye will still be producin and half these dudes would've retired. kanye hasn't been in the mainstream light for 10 years yet, and still he's made a huge sound. dudes still in his 20's. 30 years from now, IMO he'll be tops. He has a leg up on both because he's a producer/rapper...

Pz
    test
  6. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

test
  7. Dick Liquor

Dick Liquor New Member

pussy lick...slip n slide...yup erry thang gone B R Right.......

*laughing my ass off*

Medicinal.......u a naughty nigga dawg........:lol:
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

you lost me
    test
  9. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

No... Kanye didn't make Jamie Foxx a star... The WB and Ray Charles did that... but pretty much your on the money w/ everything...

But yeah... Kanye is gay... or Metrosexual...
    Possibly Metrosexual...

---DTown
    test
  10. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I'm sayin a musical star go ahead and look up^^^. Ya Ray Charles movie was good BUT, I mean Walk the Line doesn't have Joakim Phoenix poppin out albums now does it? It just means he can sing. Slow Jamz pushed Jamie Foxx into the Music Industry BIG TIME.

Pz
    test
  11. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

In the grand scheme of things I'd have to say Timbaland simply because he's worked with a broader spectrum of artists (cross-genre).

In fairness to Premier though he's better if we're only considering Rap production.
    test
  12. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

The only time Timbo makes good shit (post like 2002) is if Justin Timberlake's name is on the CD. Fact. Believe it. Name some new non-Justin Timberlake beats that are as hot (i'm not even asking for hotter... just as hot) as say:

... anything he did for Jay-Z before Blueprint 2... or... really with Jay-Z its closed case. No further evidence needed. "Dirt of Your Shoulders" "What they Gone Do" "2 Many Hoes" come on. You really feel those are as good as "Come and Get Me" "Nigga What Nigga Who" "Hey Papi" "Big Pimpin" etc. Are you serious?

"Promiscuous" is better than the shit he gave Aaliyah and Missy? Are you for real? "Dirt of Your Shoulder" is hotter than "Hey Papi" and "Big Pimpin"? Come on man, that doesn't even make sense. That can't be what you're saying... I know its not what you're saying. I'm gonna assume that I typed up all this over something that I misread cuz nobody who make good beats can sit here and say what I think you're saying.
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Timbo is my fav. producer but basically you almost right.... add lil kim song. Dirt on your shoulders were not as good as "Come and Get Me" "Nigga What Nigga Who" "Hey Papi" "Big Pimpin" etc. ..... "come and get me"....how he flipped it in the middle an had the nature sounds in the background....streams and rivers...birds.... sick....sick....sick...... "after aaliyah died he dropped down a knotch...(other than the So Addicting which is one of my favorite albums just to listen to the beats) but he was so up there to me...so he still was producing fire...but not timberland type of fire that I expected.
    test
  14. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

are timbo and preemo even fucking comparible?

primo is a has been. and in this industry i think you measure a producer on his consistency and over how last he long in the game. timbo is how many years and runnin? still making fucking hits.

primo was a hot producer of his time but he has faded. he never was that hot to me anyway.
    test
  15. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Tell that to Christina Aguilera.

That certainly wouldn't help your argument then.
    Premier's been in the game much longer.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.