Timbo or Premo????

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Embassy Sweetz, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

What about Kanye he brings what's new and what's old and he makes it fresh and a hit fuckin single...I think 30 years from now, Kanye will still be doin shit while all these other dudes would've long retired. Kanye IMO is top 30 years down the line.

Pz
    test
  2. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I was watching a Top 25 countdown on BET and they showed Missy Elliots' "The Rain" video. I remember back when that beat first came out, how crazy and different it was. Even the song was crazy and different. However, when I saw it this time it was like "whatever... EVERYONE DOES THIS NOW".

For me, Timbaland kinda sucks now but I can't deny his legacy. He really did change the way pop and r&b music is made. Everyone does that thing with the drums now. When he came out that shit was brand new and now everyone and there mom does it. Its like a standard nowadays.

Premo has had a major impact on hip-hop... probally bigger than Timbaland's impact on hip-hop. However, Premo stayed hip-hop. He's just now starting to venture outside of the genre (and discovering that doing great music with a talented artist isn't selling your soul to a record label/mainstream consumers... its making good music). Those self-imposed shackles make me give Timbaland a bigger nod overall.
    test
  3. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

man please...kanye is reliant upon sampling..when sampling.souful shit died out..kanye for th emost part died out...he really aint even ont he radar no more...people like timbo are dependant on shit...he makes his own sound...
    test
  4. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

omg, niggas brought kan-gaye into this
    test
  5. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

hahahaha...how can you say kanye died out? So you're telling me timbo and premo don't sample? Please don't bother makin beats. Both sample like a muthafucka and kanye's music as a producer revolutionized hip hop and made stars out of many artists.

Pz
    test
  6. Embassy Sweetz

theres a diff btwn sampling..which everyone does...and having ONE particualr sound...kanyes was " soulful" shit...but...that shit is basically dead now...and that was kanyes bread and butter..and he hasnt shown that he can move past that..timbo..on the other hand..can evolve with the times and make his OWN sound over and over again...thats why hes 10+ years deep and still runnin shit...when kanye proves he can evolve his game..then he'll get more respect from me..but right now...hes known for his soulful shit and nothing else for the most part...
    test
  7. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

hahahahaha...like kanye's dying to get respect from u....hahaha...ur a clown. Ur saying all he does is his soulful shit but u forgot Common's Be. Soulful shit is far from dead cuz with all the sampling he did there's still so much more he's still got. With timbo's music, you hear it, you say "WHOA, that's dope" but rarely do his tracks have replay value. His beats are hot but are strictly seasonal. They're both pioneers but 30 years from now ye will have a bigger impact on hip hop and r&b.

Pz
    test
  8. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

kanye didnt make any stars
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

thats a hard comparison, timbo and premo, both at one point change the sound of the game and where at the forfront of the hiphop....but i think timbo will be looked at in a completely different light, dude can step outside his general and make a song like cry me a river...and yeah premo is doing is christina agulera thing now, but timbo's shit is on another level altogether...premo's one of the hiphop purist type dudes, his sound isnt as relevant now
    test
  10. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

John Legend, he made Twista a star and he made Jamie Foxx into a musical star. Syleena Johnson was recognized within the industry. Hit single that made Kweli a star is Get By produced by Kanye West. Nuff said.

Dumbasses...know music

Pz
    test
  11. Embassy Sweetz

did i say kanye cares about my respect...this thread is about OPINIONS buddy...

on that note..how old is " Be" ..??.lol..c'mon...kanyes last " hit" was " #1" ..which was mostly a pharell track...kanye will be forgotten unless he can evolve as a producer like timbo...and wdf..ur crazy..timbos music is timless...one in a million is just as hot now as it was then..shit ANY of aliayahs shit is...same with older ginuwine shit..and def. missy elliot...tim is a legend and has superceded hiphop years ago...

i just dont see how u can compare kanyes 4-5 yrs in the game to timbosd 10+ years in the game...timbo is leagues ahead of kanye...and has re-invented himself time and time again...kanye basically died with NY hiphop...timbo is universal and is not dependant upon ONE sound of the month like kanye has proven to be thus far...
    test
  12. Embassy Sweetz

and if u wanna compare a list of stars timbo created it wud be at least twice as long as kanyes...kanye is the LAST person to compare to timbo....cuz thers IS no comparison ... thats like comparing MJ's legacy to D-wade's...yeh wade has a ring...but MJ has 6..plus countless other achievements...a more legit comparison wud be timbo and the neptunes since they been in pretty deep now and have gone outside of hiphop/RnB as well....
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I agree... I am a big kanye fan...as well as timbo and nept but it is like comparing wade to mj... wade is nice but does not have the resume as mj..... Better comparison is timbo to the neptunes.... crazy that they grew up together... or knew each other... We got so use to the neptunes' sound but people have to remember how different it was when they came out...well when they started to make consistent hits... mystical, jay-z, busta.... crazy... then they flipped it with the clipse...then did backstreet boys, nysc and I'm a slave. And i dont care what you say I'm a slave beat was crazy. I remember when I told my boy...before people knew the name "neptunes or pharrell" that the neptunes were hot to def. and he said they would not be around in a year or so....
    test
  14. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I think kanye can do more than soulful stuff but when people got to kanye for a beat they expect a soulful beat. eg. Trina's song....I'll be back..or whatever the name of it was. I remember just blazing saying the samething... that artist and a&rs come to him and say i want a beat like this...similar to the beat you did on xx... and it limits him on going out of the box. Like when he did JoeB-Fire and Party and Bull-it I thought those beats were crazy...but people werent really feeling it like that or wanted to hear that from just blaze.

And speaking of Just blaze... where the hell is he... he is MIA too
    test
  15. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

pleeeaaase, stick to the topic... kanye overrated as hell
    test
  16. PinkcHica

PinkcHica hip hop addict

test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol at dude who said kanye revolutionized production..........taking soul loops and just looping them 90percent of the time.....only beat that kanye impressed me with was izzo beat for jay-z.......but revolutionary, come on sonny.......dilla was doing that shit years before.........kanye wears teddy bear sweaters..........topic though, TIMBO.....he litterally changed the way rap sounded for a number of years.....that's just rap.......
    test
  18. Raticus

Raticus Beatz for the streetz....

Im the biggest premo fan and I dont believe he pioneered hip hop.. Hip hop was already rolling when preem stepped in..

He did however add a great deal (sorta like a chapter) and help elevate hip hop... He created a signature sound that is associated with the street and the underground...

I do agree with you on he will be mentioned over Timbo... I believe Timbo influenced so many genre's of black music, but not a greater influence in specifically hip hop than Preem...

TIMBOS is one of the revolutionary producers responsible for connecting R&B and Hip Hop together... Preem again just was Hop...

Why is there even a convo on Kanye vs Timbo.. Come one...
    test
  19. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

NIGGA YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS. YOU OF ALL PEOPLE..TO SAY TIMBO SUCKS. NIGGA I REMEMBER YOUR OLD BEATS. YOU WERE INFLUENCED BY TIMBO LIKE NO OTHER SON! TIMBO'S IMPACT ON HIP-HOP IS WAY BIGGER THAN PREMO'S HOMIE. IF PREMO IMPACTED HIPHOP SO MAJOR...SO DID LARGE PRO...

NIGGA DIAMOND D IS MORE REVOLUTIONARY TO HIP-HOP THAN PREMO. YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.

YOU WILDIN MAN. FOR YOU TO SAY TIMBO SUCKS NOW..YOU REALLY ON SOME SHIT.

I had to make that in big letters.
    test
  20. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

look who u have in ur fuckin sig. Lupe...who brought him to light? Ya just what I thought. Y'all bunch of hatin ass bitches...timbo got his style, premo got his style and kanye got his style. there's one point in time where all u heard on the radio was kanye produced beats. if izzo is ur favorite beat then u missed out on the whole kamikaze album by twista...overnight celebrity? slow jamz? if u gone say that shit is whack then just quit producin..seriously...all u lil hataz

Pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.