Timbo or Premo????

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Embassy Sweetz, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

agreed.... every producer changed there drum programming after aaliyah "One in a Million " every producer had the basic boom boom clack, boom clack. and the stuff that he put in beats wear crazy.... baby's, horses, fireflies, first one to go indian on us, ethnic drums etc.

Premo was good for the hardcore ny hip hop fan. Only thing i think of premo is definition of classic ny hiphop, digging in the crates and cutting a samples up down to the notes. But if i asked my sister who premo was she prob. would not know.
    test
  2. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Timbo ain't up there with Quincy Jones yet.. but he's on his way.
    test
  3. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Too bad Dr. Dre is the Greastest Producer in Hip Hop of all time

Dr. Dre >>>>> timbo
    test
  4. Raticus

Raticus Beatz for the streetz....

Not really a fair question... Premo is all bout Hip Hop not main stream... He has very little clout there... So the answer is Timbo...

But if ya flip the question... Who has had more influence in hip hop ? It would be preem.... Keeping scratching alive... vintage NY style of production.....................

Rat ti ta tat
    test
  5. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

Premo was significant early 90s and so forth, which created a certain vibe. Then hip hop kinda left premo and from there, timbaland just hit the floor running. Timbaland is the reason why innovation has happened. Everyone (even the super producers today) must be in one way or another influenced by Timbaland.
    test
  6. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

well u seem to be the only cat in here who thinks that..everyone else seems to realize prems impact on NY hiphop....
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

and of course dre will prolly be on the top of the list..which is why i didnt even bring him up...but i think timbo wudnt be too far down from him in terms of universal musical status and appeal...
    test
  8. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

agreed
    test
  9. Definit

Definit Based.

ironically...

i asked my girlfriend this question...

and she answered with..."Who's timbaland?"

i told her what he did...and what songs he produced...

then i mentioned premo, and what he did...and songs he produced...

i explained what they both achieved over there time...and who they helped..

she answered at the end (this comming from a full out clubbin dancing chick) that she thinks premo has more of a impact now...with in hip hop....looking back 10 yrs right now....

but since timbaland is still around...and evolving shit as always...he's up there with dr. dre as the whole all around package as far as a HIT PRODUCER....

so 10 yrs from now TIMBO will be right there with DR DRE as that producer everyone could get a Hit SINGLE FROM....without even being the gratest lyricist...or singer...just the fact that his production is that Nice...

to me it was simply put from her...since she really went in with out a clue...

but i think the better question would be timbo vs. dre or timbo vs. neptunes....

something along that lines...cuz i think its more about who INNOVATES THE MAINSTREAM MORE...rahter then IMPACT On HIP HOP OR MUSIC...

with that said, you cant put them both against eachother cuz thats like Tomlinson vs. Barry Sanders...

ones old school cutter....vs. new school innovator...(im only using this as a example...nothing meant by it...lmao)

think about that for a WHILE.....its just too hard for something like that to be asked...cuz there's alot...including...preference on sound and style....
    test
  10. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Premo defiantly didn't have more influence on hip hop..

If you going to make any argument for Premo is that he has more Classic songs than Timbo

This is not going to be about just beats...If it is the choice is simple...
    test
  11. Raticus

dont kno bout dat homey.... I guess im biased....
    test
  12. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

HA.... Timbo son, Timbo
    test
  13. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

It's already been said, but just to add my 2......TImbo will have a bigger impact in music as a whole, but Premo had more of an impact in shaping the sound of "Hip Hop".

But Timbo is a far distance from Quincy....even though they are heeellla different, have completely different sounds in different eras with different techniques. Who knows, Timbo might actually be more creative than him and may be better at doing a track with everything done on his own....but the way Quincy gels everything together, brings simple ideas to life, and how he has been able to make a hit record for 4-5 damn decades is just untouchable.
    test
  14. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

dre puts better songs together, but i like timbo beats and style more.

however, being in VA i'm heavilly influenced by timbo and the neptunes....
    test
  15. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

how can you compare these niggas even its like apple and oranmges. their styles are so different thats why there memorable. premo past his prime? nigga you must be hatin last i heard he was gonna produce nas new album and he still does shit with the roc dont even get it twisted. he still bang out joints. at the end of day these "super" hiphop fans dont mean shit you know. this purist shit gets old. it seems to become more about bickering over little shit then enjoying the damn music.

the list goes like this tho

Dre
    Premo
    Pete Rock
    DJ Hi Tek
    Timbo
    Storch
    test
  16. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

you're gonna quote your girlfriend who didn't even know who Timbaland was? lol I mean really. Does her opinion even matter?

I give it to Tim. Not that he's a better producer. Just had more of an influence on the industry. Theres an unknown producer out there somewhere who shit's on Timbaland who hasn't been discovered. But without any notereity or influence whats it mean? nothing. Gotta give it to Timbaland.
    test
  17. Raticus

Nicely said..

My Respected list

Preem
    Peter Roc
    Dre
    Rza
    Timbo
    ALC
    Blaze
    DITC
    Xtra P
    BeatMinerz

test
  18. calmdown504

calmdown504 New Member

timbo didint only change hiphop production...but the dude took R&B to an ENTIRE different level man...i mean this n!gga is out of control, beat boxing on r&b beats and shit...man i mean this dude is king to me
    test
  19. Embassy Sweetz

ya feel me...these other cats namin other hiphop producers...these cats dont realize that im takin BEYOND hiphop..alot of those cats are hot...but they stuck in hiphop or maybe hiphop/rnb...timbo's been passed hiphop years ago lol...dudes international..universal....he's on that rodney jerkins level right now...Rnb , hiphop , pop , shit nigga killin'em with techno/trance shit now lol...dudes on his own planet imo...
    test
  20. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

There's really no comparison... Premo pretty much pioneered hip hop... So when all is said and done... within the fictional "Hip Hop Hall of Fame"... Premo will always be mentioned over Timbo...

Yall niggas must be forgettin how GangStarr was impactin niggas...

---DTown
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.