Tim Sylva vs Andrei Arlovski 4 at ONEFC on August 31

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

After Arlovski's initial OneFC fight fell through and Tim Sylvia was denied his shot at Cormier by the Zuffa brass, the rising asian promotion put the two former UFC champions together for a fourth and (hopefully) final time.

Sylvia is currently 2-1 in the series, his wins coming by tko and decision. Arlovski's lone win over Sylvia was the result of a lightning quick achilles lock.

This is perhaps a relevance elimination fight between the two as Arlovski has failed to deliver since his KO loss to Fedor, and Sylvia has fared only slightly better. Although he owns a winning record since his humiliating defeats at the hands of The Last Emporer and Ray Mercer, he frequently shows up appearing physically out of shape and a shell of the man who dominated a weak UFC Heavyweight division.

OneFC will take place August 31 in the Phillipines, and will feature the debuts of former DREAM stars Shinya Aoki and Bibiano Fernandes. The card also features an assortment of yesterday's household names and today's asian prospects, including Eduard Folayang, Eric Kelly, Jens Pulver, Phil Baroni, Honorio Banario, Kevin Belingon, Rolles Gracie, and Felipe Enomoto.

I will try to provide streams around that time.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I will be looking out for this. Maybe next year as well, if ONEFC gains more popularity, we can start predicting their MAIN-CARDS as well, that would be something :D: .

Rolles fight should be intersting. Arlovski vs Tim is intriguing whether you like it or not (plz soccer kick KO), and Fernandes I've never watched fight live, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Aoki isn't dropping weight to fight him right? They are facing diff opponents?
    test
  3. LungZzZ

Don't forget about the UFC 150 Predictions Mak!
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

different opponents. dont think an aoki opponent is confirmed, so it should be a squash match.

I like some things about OneFC and would recommend at least checking it out. They have obvious negatives such as promoting has beens such as Pulver, Babalu, Tim, and Arlovski, but they have some positives as well. The Philippines is still a largely untapped market with untapped talent, and OneFC is giving them the spotlight. It's really shaping up to be the next big Asian promotion, but with more Asian talent than just Japan and Korea.

Plus they snatched Bibiano Fernandes when he was in the the UFC's grasp. Not that it's a big loss to UFC, but it isn't everyday that they announce a fight only to have it shot down by another promotion swooping down and grabbing a fighter.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

They are taking over the asian market, I think if they aren't already, within a year they will have to be the biggest. I'm assuming they are making profit (maybe they are paying these UFC vets ridiculous money i unno)....Damn any time I THINK of ONEFC I think of Huerta though....Fuck man....Murdered.
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

has been vs has been. Wouldnt mind seeing a clip of it but not the whole card
    test
  7. LungZzZ

There should be plenty of entertaining fights on this one. I'm sure they have some stars in the making, I see a certain few dudes being mentioned ALL the time on MMAREPZ.
    test
  8. LungZzZ

Tim the Maniac

Timbo
    [​IMG]

Honestly I'm done with Tim fighting for the UFC,
    but I wouldn't be apposed to either Arlovski or Sylvia making a claim for the belt in this Organization after the win.

Do any of you want Sylvia back in the UFC?
    Do you think if he wins the three fights he's obliged to fufill with OneFC,
    he deserves one more shot from Dana?

Weezy​
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

they're okay, but i don't particularly see anyone cracking legit top tens anytime soon.

but asian mma needs successful asian mma fighters, and it has been proven over and over again that japan doesn't cut it.

but hey, entertaining fights. eddie yagin isn't doing bad in the ufc.
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

okami's no slouch either, even after the anderson/boetsch slump
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

you can list good japanese fighters, but when you see how well japanese fighters have done overall its not good.

not favorable slant eye to round eye proportions.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

There is someone named Ed dfsafsdfsfhfjhsdjfhsdjf in OneFC I see get a LOT of attention.
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

oh, totally

after okami i don't know who to mention

japanese fighters get owned in the ufc
    test
  14. LungZzZ

Okami was def the best Japanese fighter in the UFC.
    test
  15. Makabreli

Makabreli done

unless you count the half japanese lyoto machida
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^well he did start fighting because of his japanese father and karate is japanese. so thats fair
    test
  17. LungZzZ

Damn where have I been, I actually didn't know that
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

seriously? :comeoneson:
    test
  19. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[​IMG]