tigre please give me input

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by LostBoySince'86, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostBoySince'86

LostBoySince'86 Peek-A-Boo

i am asking causei remember the work you did on the mk 1(or 2?) but am getting a mk3 gti and i need to now what i need to get to hook it up as much as possible. i have about 5 gs to spend and i am doing only performance mods. no body work i just want to make it as fast as possible.
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

fast as possible... no problem

First what engine is it?

After i find out that, then i can tell you where to go with your performance mods
    test
  3. LostBoySince'86

thats the problem i dont know yet. i was going to get the 2.0 but then a friend of mine said the vr6 would be better, but i thought i remember you saying you could find more mods for the 2.0 (or maybe you were talking about the 1.8t) so i dont knwo which yet. thats why i need your help. which would be the best for aftermarket performance?
    test
  4. Tigre

Oh no never said anything about the 2.slow..... yeah it was for the 1.8t.

And i did a VR6 swap as well as FI. but besides that if you get the 2.0 i still can manage to get you some power out of it. The VR would be the better solution for a Mk3 GTI. But for MK4 i would go for the 1.8t.
    test
  5. LostBoySince'86

but what would you recomend money wise? vr or 2.?
    test
  6. Tigre

VR... much more power will be made with the VR.

I was putting down 320+to the wheels with my VR Turbo. So even if you go the route of supercharging it ... the car is going to pull like jenna jameson suffering from dick withdrawal.
    test
  7. LostBoySince'86

sorry for the long delay on my replies. been out of town. (i am wasting this post to tell you that cause it double posted \/ that one.
    test
  8. LostBoySince'86

so the vr for sure. but then what mods (besides the supercharger. plus if you could give me a ballpark on what i should be spending on these it would be very helpful.

thanks.
    test
  9. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

id go with vr...
    test
  10. Tigre

Well here it is.

Going VR with SC is going to cost you atleast 3 grand for the kit, and ehhh about what another 600 for labor.
    so i guess if you are going with SC that means you have a limit on the power you are trying to reach, otherwise turbo is the route.

well with SC you do get reliability, power on tap, and definitely a fun car that is made more for auto-x power than drag strip power.

So with that in mind, i would look into VF engineering SC kits.
    Stage 1 will run u about 3g's and gets you about 250+ crank hp
    stage 2 will get you about 280
    stage 3 is about 320... which is about the same area i am at with my custom turbo setup.

I haved raced a stage 2 VR6...againist my turbo VR... and his car was impressive. He actually pulled me for about 2 gears, but once my turbo spooled up it was over really quick.

Where do you live, i know most shops around the US that are good with VW cars. I will try to find you a very reliable VW tuner shop around your area. Cause also with this kit there is not tuning and shit like i had to do, so bolt the bitch up and let it go.
    test
  11. LostBoySince'86

portland oregon
    test
  12. Tigre

LOL...like the only state i have no clue about. Well i know they have alot in seattle...and of course northern Cali....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.