Throwback Flick Of The Day: >>>Robocop<<<

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by RedMaster, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

Title: Robocop
    Year: 1987

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMBD Rating: 7.1/10 (15,845 votes)

Trivia: The computer that Robocop looks up criminal records on is actually a Northern Telecom telephone switch.

When it arrived on the big screen in 1987, Paul Verhoeven's RoboCop was like a high-voltage jolt of electricity, blending satire, thrills, and abundant violence with such energized gusto that audiences couldn't help feeling stunned and amazed. The movie was a huge hit, and has since earned enduring cult status as one of the seminal science fiction films of the 1980s. Followed by two sequels, a TV series, and countless novels and comic books, this original RoboCop is still the best by far, largely due to the audacity and unbridled bloodlust of director Verhoeven. However, the reasons many enjoyed the film are also the reasons some will surely wish to avoid it. Critic Pauline Kael called the movie a dubious example of "gallows pulp," and there's no denying that its view of mankind is bleak, depraved, and graphically violent. In the Detroit of the near future, a policeman (Peter Weller) is brutally gunned down by drug-dealing thugs and left for dead, but he survives (half of him, at least) and is integrated with state-of-the-art technology to become a half-robotic cop of the future, designed to revolutionize law enforcement. As RoboCop holds tight to his last remaining shred of humanity, he relentlessly pursues the criminals who "killed" him. All the while, Verhoeven (from a script by Edward Neumeier and Michael Miner) injects this high-intensity tale with wickedly pointed humor and satire aimed at the men and media who cover a city out of control.
    test
  2. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

I loved that film, after i watched it for the 1st time i was walkin around like him with a big toy gun in my pocket.
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

This was the shit. I loved the theme music to it also. Remember the part when that big ass robot was chasing after Robocop and he didnt know how to go down the stairs. That shit was funny as hell when he fell and started going crazy shit shit.

The part where that dude got all fucked up with the toxic waste and then he got hit by the car. Disgusting.
    test
  4. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

that was my movie right there,i remember it being one of the first action movies i was into..
    test
  5. The MASSIVE

The MASSIVE Guess Who's Back

The original Robocop was the shit... I remember imitating his walk, making "chipum-chipum" sounds every step I took, saying "Drop It!"... Part 2 was just as tight if not tighter, the villain was definitely tighter, that little kid was a bastard, and it was cool to see him all chopped up in little pieces, I felt bad for him when that happend ... & Part 3 was ok... It was weird to watch him flying around with a jet pack n shit.
    test
  6. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Nothing beats the original.
    test
  7. Gotti23

Gotti23 Come 2 the darkness

Back in elementary I knew this one kid who would come to school thinking he was RoboCop.
    test
  8. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

^lol.......tell us about it.
    test
  9. -Mac-

-Mac- Registered ABUSER

Man I forgot all about this movie.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.