thoughts on "the bible" on history channel

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I think its been pretty accurate so far. coup probably hates that the actors are white.
    an that they got it right about Jesus showing up with the angels to abraham.
    test
  2. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

let me guess - you believe everything in the bible is literal and not allegorical
    right?
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

I do unless specified to be otherwise like visions, revelations, or prophetic symbols. but the historial elements and events are literal. let me guess u do not.
    test
  4. Ass Napkin Ed

Do you believe the miracles from Jesus, red sea parting, Egyptian plagues, and other miracles from God, were literal?
    test
  5. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

That show is fantastic. They skipped the Joseph story which was really bothersome to me but understandable. I really want to see how it all pans out.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

U want evidence...
    test
  7. Ass Napkin Ed

- thebigpayback

this video isnt proof/fact or evidence
    which is why the video keeps saying 'ancient technology' has been a 'mystery' for centuries

proof, evidence, or fact is the absence of mystery

these miracles that Christ used, this Flood story, these plague stories, etc
    are all found in other mythologies that were current at the time in that part of the World

Jesus is elevated to the supernatural - the same way Heracles is.
    1st starting as a half human - half God. - and then elevating into a World Savior
    this story is a remix of a remix - and shares alot of commonality - almost identical to all World Saviors.

Jesus is no different
    test
  8. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

[youtube]bUOg5F886xw[/youtube]
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

So finding chariots, chariot wheels, horse hoofs, human bones etc under the red sea along with ancient hebrew carvings and sites along the border wouldnt be evidence
    of the event being true? Uhh ok.
    test
  10. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

I'm not sure where you're getting all that other stuff, but the chariot wheel was brought forth by a guy who is a known scammer. It's the same guy who claims to have found the Ark of the Covenant and is just "waiting for God to reveal it".

Step it up, Payback. Every time you bring up evidence it's debunked within 15 seconds of googling.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

that asteroid hitting NY thread went down faster than Phil Hartman the night his wife shot him after Andy Dick gave her a buncha rails of cocaine
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Did u or did u not just look at chariots carts and chariot wheels and horse hoofs and bones
    there
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Ur right google> yahoo ( i shouldve known).....
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

It just reeked of fear mongering. It felt like you either knew it was bogus and hoped nobody would actually read the article, or you didn't actually read the article.

sorry if i was wrong holmes
    test
  15. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Thoughts on the bible- It's a joke

Thoughts on the "History Channel" doing a show about fiction- Irony

Thoughts on religion in general- If it could just remain completely out of gov't I would have no problem with it

Thoughts about the show- Never watched it, but I saw the twitter feed about the devil looking like Obama and shit he did. Funny but fucked up

Thoughts about the high ratings of the show- Absolute laughter, proof that the masses are sheep
    test
  16. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Accurate, yeah, as it isn't actual events, it's a tv-series/fiction.
    test
  17. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

Yea, after 2000+ years that chariot wheel was covered in about 2 inches of sediment. And it was magically able to avoid the coral cover that engulfs everything else that becomes submerged in the Red Sea. Don't you think if they had legitimately found an artifact that would support the religion of millions, it would have been dug up by now? The only evidence we have is a blurry picture by a guy who claims to have found:

But of course, he had no physical evidence, just what he "thought" he found. He was a charlatan.

Horse bones and human remains mean nothing. There have been countless shipwrecks in the Red Sea...human remains being there are a given.

I'm consistently baffled at how little evidence you need to believe biblical fairy tales, yet the theory of evolution is somehow lacking in proof.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Ur bugging there were multiple different wheels on the vid and not just bones but horse hoofs,
    even chariot carts, spokes of the wheels from the same century.
    [youtube]d90NM9tgDQE[/youtube]
    ur just denying to deny things now

An it doesnt say he found the ark of the covenant he said he found the location of jeremiahs grotto
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.