Thoughts on gun control?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Met-A-Forikal, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducking Angels

Ducking Angels Good bars> Bad bars

I spend a lot of my time defending Americans to my English friends, but I gotta say that the whole topic of Gun ownerships is the one area where I just can't. America's attitude to Guns is just bizarre. People actually use the phrase "bad guys" in their arguments.
    test
  2. WillyStPaul

WillyStPaul New Member

i looked in to gettin an AR to... ur right these price jumps are stupid at this point... it ain't even worth it... gun dealers are loving this shit at the moment...

the ak's on the streets are fully auto though... that's what people are confusing shit with

I agree with you.... make it tougher for people to get them on the streets... they gotta stop the b/s to... people purchasing them for people on the streets and then just reporting them stolen... that shit is out of hand
    test
  3. WillyStPaul

WillyStPaul New Member

the other part to that is that they are ALREADY ILLEGAL for people that use them in like 95% of murders so.....................

plus America is the cornerstone of capitalism and our society will always have crime... it's just how it is
    test
  4. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

gun control's almost impossible. what i'd like is all these wannab thugs n shit to have proper training on handling and aiming. i don't mind gangs shootin up each other cause they bout that life but shitty aiming skills result in innocent bystanders and that ain't cool
    test
  5. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

So in other words... proper gun control is using two hands.
    test
  6. martymcfly

verticle gun handling would be nice too

[​IMG]
    test
  7. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

Any big change takes a long time and a lot of money. Hell, they're uprooting the entire telecom/internet system in Australia right now and replacing it with an optic fibre system. It'll take over a decade and around $40 billion. There's a lot of argument over whether or not it's worth it.

If guns were completely illegal, you'd rarely see them on the streets (as seen in countries where they're illegal). When it comes to prohibition, people often like to say "it never works." But it only fails if you're expecting it to completely wipe something out. There will always be people on the outskirts. If you're introducing prohibition simply to lower consumption, you're much less likely to go wrong. People will still get shot, but in far smaller numbers.

That being said, you'll probably still have mass killings from home made bombs or driving planes into orphanges.
    test
  8. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

it's sideways! he's going for the kill shot!
    test
  9. AtomicGO

AtomicGO Flowbi-Wan Kenobi

I live in Alabama, where you don't have to register any firearm you own.

You have to have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, but not to simply own one.

There are NO background checks when guns are purchased anywhere except pawn shops and stores with sporting goods sections, but we have enough swap meets and flea markets that its not really an issue.

Any person with a mental fucking illness can posses a weapon in my state. No mental evaluation, no nothing.

I would like to see THAT changed. I don't like the concept of gun control, I like the idea of "free mental healthcare for all" a lot more.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

The laws have been just fine, it's people that are getting worse.
    test
  11. martymcfly

really? the people are getting worse? you mean like compared to the 1300's when the public used to laugh and enjoy watching a guy get drawn and quartered? seriously guys, please read history. i'm not saying you need to go to college but please realize how much life in this moment RIGHT NOW is far superior to life yesterday. you're just being a pussy bitch about understanding it cause one nigga decided to be a real thug n kill some young niggas. life right now is GREAT and has been better than at ANY SINGLE POINT in history.
    test
  12. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I'll just leave this here

[youtube]8Eatt6SgI8c[/youtube]
    test
  13. AtomicGO

AtomicGO Flowbi-Wan Kenobi

QFT.

Nowadays, though, because psychopaths aren't (supposed to be) allowed to run countries (just corporations) all of the super gory stuff is behind closed doors.

And...repression leads to some of the worst things in history...like in Afghanistan they have "boy love thursdays" where, the day before they go to mosque (and I believe it's because of sexual repression that this occurs) they rape kids.

See...it's really a quagmire of a situation...but I agree with McFly that people haven't necessarily gotten worse. Mental Health (as I said in my last gotdamn post) should be free for everydamnbody.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.