Thoughts on gun control?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Met-A-Forikal, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

"Nigga, how's this relevant to battle rapping?" A staple of competitive poetry is gun rhymes. You'd be hard pressed to find a battler who hasn't referenced a gun his rhymes at some point. More people like them than not, which is fine, because it's entertainment. After the Newtown shootings, the president wants to push for gun control in the coming weeks and months.

Dizaster is totally against gun control. Guns for everyone if people want them. On the other hand, Hollow surprised me by coming out for gun control on Twitter recently. When I commended him for it, he replied, "Its a serious issue the ppl have to address." He favors an assault weapons ban, among other things.

What are your thoughts on it? On which side of the line do you fall?
    test
  2. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

Complicated issue, I don't think that full on gun control really fixes anything, but I think most of the arguments I hear from people in favor of lax gun control are fucking retarded.

I'm sure people will post a bunch of them in this topic, not even realizing how broken their logic is.

Same could be said of both sides but pro gun control people make way more sense than the opposing side.

At the end of the day though guns aren't the issue.
    test
  3. grainsbone

grainsbone all eyez on me

you shouldn't worry so much about what is in their hand but what is in their mind.
    test
  4. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Buy guns for all children and the mentally ill

Problem solved
    test
  5. zipperhedjoe

zipperhedjoe Conrad murray, mic killa

yea i think the people w/ the most guns should be in control
    naw jp but i thought fully automatic assault rifles were already illegal
    test
  6. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

No kid left unarmed. >
    test
  7. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

Gun control is a wonderful idea if somehow you could magically make all the guns go away, but that will never happen. Which leads to the ever so common "If we ban guns, people who still want them will still get them and that will largely be criminals" argument, which I agree with. Prohibition doesn't really work.

I think the best solution is to set up a firearm system similar to the automotive system in the US.

You want a gun?
    1. Take a week long class about them
    2. Complete x amount of hours of professionally supervised training
    3. Take a written, and functional test
    4. Register and get a license.

It's not perfect, and sounds like a bit of a bitch, but if you really want a gun that bad, you should be able to handle it.
    test
  8. icuepawns

icuepawns now cut it out.

only handguns, revolvers or semi-auto.
    also a limit on how many handguns can be owned/purchased.
    test
  9. Gingerman

Gingerman New Member

Guns dont kill people, the bullets do.
    test
  10. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

For drugs and alcohol, yes it doesn't work. Guns are different. Look at all the countries that have banned guns and then compare to how many gun related deaths and injuries there are.

Some people will still buy from the black market or have them hidden in their house, but because they're illegal, they're going to be seen a hell of a lot less and gun violence will go down.

That being said, there are huge misconceptions about the second amendment and what it means, so banning guns completely in the US would be next to impossible. Assault weapons are a good start, nobody needs easy access to those.
    test
  11. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

Look at chicago...
    test
  12. Gingerman

Gingerman New Member

Conspiracy theories aside, I think our "rights" will be taken away little by little till we have nothing left.

If we allow them to take away this one, it would be easier for them to take away the rest.
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  14. WillyStPaul

WillyStPaul New Member

i am 200% against giving up my .40 cal... but i have no problem with the assault weapons ban... i really dont care... people are confusin "assault weapons" from the store with "automatic weapons" like ak's and shit... the name is throwing them off...

but no i dont agree with saying if u avoided gettin a felony u cant have a gun... but the people with felonies can run around armed to the teeth... cause thats wut its saying...

fuck that i want my guns... i think wut happened at sandy hook is horribke... but the reaction has to be logical
    test
  15. Brought2UbyTRUF

Brought2UbyTRUF Member

we don't need gun control, we need bullet control tbh

test
  16. WillyStPaul

WillyStPaul New Member

bwahahaha... i aint gonna watch right now but from the pic i had a flashback... is that the one where he was talkin about makin bullets hella expensive???

like i would kill ur ass but i cant afford :funny:

if so that one was hilarious
    test
  17. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs TheCrackTheDopeTheIce

Except that the AKs that most people legally own here are semi-auto. I was actually planning on buying an AR in the next month, but that's not happening now with the crazy prices they are going for. I don't support any kind of ban. Make it tougher for bad people to get them (eg. gun show loop hole) at the most, but no reason to ban them from the public.
    test
  18. Brought2UbyTRUF

Brought2UbyTRUF Member

haha yeah... honestly it's all i can think about when people argue about gun control.
    test
  19. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

Canada>

Its funny how the best country is so close to you 'mericans but your to proud to admit it..
    test
  20. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

Do you know how long it would take to unarm America?

What you say is true but its going to take decades to get all the guns off the street. And you still wouldn't get rid of all of them.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.