this whole burnin shit..

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by tk2oo3, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

aight i remember ive read a couple of you poets write bout burnin your work.. so whos actually done it? im thinkin bout burnin everythin i ever wrote i dont want no evidence surfacin of shit no one needs to know so its best to get rid of this shit though its close to heart.. i dont want nobody usin my own words against me to prove some shit cuz i poured my heart into the shit.. i think i might do this shit tommorow if i have time im thinkin bout how much smoke itll make n shit though..
    test
  2. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

i would never burn my writing.....
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

i've burned a couple before. They were love poems though, but i dont do it anymore.
    test
  4. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

im plannin on burnin like 100 pages.. so no one has done more than a few?
    test
  5. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

aye man dont do that shit yo...cause you know everybody done wrote some bad pieces...but after like a couple of years, sometimes i go back and read my old shit...it's a wonderful feelin man. Good to see how much you've grown and shit na mean?

dont do it man....just put it in a box or something
    test
  6. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

ive written this much in the space of 4 months.. i actually counted i got 95 pages(dont know why i counted but i did).. i gotta get rid of this though.. sooner or later.. but the box idea aint bad ive jus kept all that in a drawer before..
    to look back at what i wrote theres not much sense in it, ive done that for a couple pieces, but i will always know what i was goin through i dont need a piece of paper to tell me that.. i know ive grown an im still growin an i dont really feel any need to keep it though before i used to be like id wanna keep everything.. now i jus wanna get rid of things that shouldnt escape me, they should stay wit me..
    test
  7. lpoet

lpoet POET

i wouldnt get rid of my work.....i like looking back on the stuff i've done.....but sense you dont do that...burn it
    test
  8. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

i burned 2 pieces.. too much smoke [funny].. im goin need to do it outside someplace sometime.. whenever the moods right or somethin..
    test
  9. lpoet

lpoet POET

why dont u just rip it up and throw it away
    test
  10. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

i neva burnt them..i keep all mine..just to remind myself of how i felt and what has occured in my life..my writings are like a personal journal..
    test
  11. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

i dont know.. i wanna burn it.. when its burned those words are dead.. ripped apart their only wounded..
    test
  12. lpoet

lpoet POET

lwell ok...
    test
  13. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

wow [funny]
    test
  14. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

i already replied and it didnt come up, i have burnt stuff to do with love but now i wouldnt, everything is memories and maybe theres a great poem in amongst all of them
    test
  15. Stina Da Beanah

Stina Da Beanah ~StinaZ~ BACK!!!

bonfire at tk's house!!! aze, but if you feel like burning your pieces, an knowing that you'll never want to look back on them, go ahead. But if maybe you'd like to show a family member, son or daughter, what you were like and what you went through at a younger age, then keep them. no point in throwing away perfectly good paper. Recycle it dammit!!! Lolz j/p but do whatcha gotta do.

~Stina~
    test
  16. Deficiency

Deficiency True Poetical Emcee

what I did was just get rid of my old work by.. Throwing them away into the dumpster.. that's the easiest way I think. I mean, you know what you don't want to keep anymore.. and that's good because, if you have a bunch of stuff that you don't want anymore hanging around then you really should get rid of it because if you don't then you'll start to feel like you can't write anymore.. and it will be harder to grow as a poet/lyricist... at least that's what I think.. it lets you clean up.. and start fresh again and we all need that.
    test
  17. lpoet

lpoet POET

exactaly what i was thinking...lmao
    test
  18. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

I burned About a 50 page note book of pieces before. I understand what you mean, you don't just want to throw your words away you want to dead'n them by burning them. I understand man and if you really feel this way i say burn it. It will make you feel so much better. If you just keep that notebook it will eat at you everday.
    test
  19. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

finally somebody who understands me.. that shit has grown to 115 pages now..you got it exactly the way i feel shit jus eats at you.. you jus want it dead.. im sure i can repeat what ive done an can do even better.. so theres nothing lost there.. i feel better knowing im the only one who keeps it an that shit is sealed in my heart you want it you gotta get it out of me..
    test
  20. SU-RAPPER

SU-RAPPER New Member

now thats white i understood it but why do an idiotic act like that people use my shit everywhere in commercials CD'S you name it but yo why burn it now that is white
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.