This song alone should knock Eminem out of contention for the 'best ever'

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by SpAnKy, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah prince with 1000 enemies

Consider this. With basically two albums how rappers have said Biggie is one of the if not the greatest of all time? Now how many other rappers have said Eminem is one of the greatest of all time?
    test
  2. FORKFARM

FORKFARM the shape of punk to come

You know... the debate on the greatness of BIG is akin to the hype about Nirvana. Throw out the rock/rap argument -- they are definitly comparable. Both were extremely popular for their time, sold exteremely well and were respected almost unilaterally along all party lines as the best song writing for their genre. I am a Biggie fan and a Nirvana fan... I always will be. BUT In real terms I can not -- although it would be tempting -- say that either is the greatest of all time for one simple reason:

The albums they released can only be held up against the time and place you first heard them.

Biggie: 2 major albums (although there were others, but walk with me for a minute), Ready to die and Life after Death.
    Nirvana: 2 major albums (Yes, I know there are more, keep walking), Nevermind and In Utero.

These albums tipify the album that broke the artist onto the world stage -- and the album they followed it up with that neither was around to truely tour and support well. So all we are left with is the firm belief that we were robbed of an incredible POTENTIAL. But now we must ask ourselves if this is a case of robbery -- or a case where potential far out-weighs ability.

Now -- in my opinion -- it is safe -- if you would like -- to call any of those ALBUMS the ALBUM of all time. However -- based on the limited time we were exposed to these artists -- AND the length of time that these artist were EXPOSED TO FAME -- we can not and should not conclude that the artist is the greatest of all time for their genre.

Fame changes people: an obvious statement. A shotgun blast either way and both of the talent (Chris W. and Kurt) are snuffed out adding to the mystique of their respective legacies. If you really think about it -- if Big or Kurt had a career that lasted as long as Em's or Jay-z's -- can you HONESTLY say to yourself that they would NEVER put out a shitty song or a bad album? Not only can you not answer that fairly -- you can't even enguage in the obligitory comparisson because without an adequate showing of how they handled the road they walked through their professional lives -- there is NO EVIDENCE.

So -- is Biggie the greatest of all time? He sure had the potential to be. Is Kurt Cobain the greatest of all time -- we'll never know. I suppose you could say the same for Pac -- but at least we got about 349827098736 more albums after he died. Interestingly enough -- if you ask the average cat -- Tupac takes a second seat to Biggie... or at the very least they are almost ALWAYS mentioned in the same breath.

And as for Em's Fack song up there... I should start a second response so it doesn't tarnish BIG 2PAC and Kurt Cobain for being mentioned in the same post. But I ask you... if you had more money than you knew what to do with, and you knew you could put out anything and it would sell... How often would you make a stupid ass song about something retarded JUST to watch idiots buy it?

...I know I wouldn't be able to help fucking with people like that.
    test
  3. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

We're talking about rappers, not bands. There's a big difference.

We're not here to compare the two Pink Floyds.
    test
  4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah prince with 1000 enemies

You don't do that because you have respect for your fans. You do your best regardless, it's why people have standards because your product reflects on you.
    test
  5. FORKFARM

Totally -- I agree with you -- you should do your best at all times not just for your fans but for your own self respect. Woud you argue that Em was trying his best with this song?
    test
  6. FORKFARM

oh, jeez, sorry... didn't I mention Biggie and 2pac enough?
    here: BiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggie
    BiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggieBiggie
    BiggieBiggieBiggieBiggie.....

2paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac.

edit: And how is comparing a musician who is held in the same regard for the people who like that genre
    to a rapper who came out at about the same time not relevant?
    test
  7. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Biggie's flow and presence on the mic makes me cum.
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LMAO I swear to God some of these dudes face turns bright red if you say anything remotely bad about Eminem.
    test
  9. weez

weez Paradise wita pair a dice

True ^^^

But yall need to know the difference between somebody who's really a stan and somebody who's just judging shit 4 what it is.

Have somebody call you a bitch when you aint.

Tell me you aint gonna ride..unless your a bitch.

I'm not gunna sit here n be miscontwisted up. And I 4sure aint gunna be called no stan by some simple no game havin scary loose lipped faggot.
    test
  10. weez

weez Paradise wita pair a dice

I don't care what your pretty sure of Shirly.

It really dont take much to get all your personal myspace info yr adress ect.

Retard huh? Homie ya sound like an old lady.

BITCH if it was rainin pussies you be struck upside yr head with a dick!!

Matter fact your such a weak ass pussy I didn't even see your reply at first cuz it was so rubbed down.

But it's ok your really not worth me goin out my way and havin nerd wars whicha.

We both know you a pussy and wouldn't say shit to anybody in real life.

Have a nice day.
    test
  11. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

this the internet though
    test
  12. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

whatever you say anthony
    test
  13. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

if you cant even acknowledge that eminem is one of the greatest lyricists to ever touch the mic your fucking wack.. plain and simple..

One of the most talented Mc's hands down.. wether you like his music or not, you cant deny his TALENT and those who do are just fucking idiots.. or racicts..

Eminem haters post in another thread cuz you just make yourself look stupid...

like Alias posting "recovery is the exact same thing as the slim shady ep just re worded"...

motherfucker are you retarded? that just ruins your opinion of music to me cuz clearly you didnt listen to shit.. the concept of those two albums are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT wow..
    test
  14. vandalism

vandalism the king

this nigga stay internet gangbangin'
    test
  15. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Well, Rakim is the God Emcee.
    And he's basically said that EMINEM is the greatest.
    Or, would be considered so, if he was 'black.'
    Since he has the title of 'God,' why don't we just consider his opinion higher than all, yeah?
    test
  16. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

exactly homie..

Rakim says "eminem, eminem man that guy is a beastt"
    test
  17. vandalism

vandalism the king

lol @ this kid puttin 'black' in quotes like he don't believe in it
    test
  18. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

^It's for grammatical accuracy, you piece of shit.
    test
  19. vandalism

vandalism the king

test
  20. Gregory Jamez

Gregory Jamez New Member

yea, i remeber this song, its pretty gay but i guess thats wat makes him unique he's the only rapper that can do shit like this and get respect. lol just like when bruno landed on his face that was some gay shit. i'm still a fan

www.GregoryJamez.com
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.