This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge

serge Well-Known Member

test
  2. serge

serge Well-Known Member

Btw: lmao Job stop saying "we" in reference to rapmusic.

I have no personal beef with RM. They shit the bed and it is what it is. If they have the arrogance to believe that it'll all work itself out, it just further proves why we had to branch out and EF's every gripe.
    test
  3. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

When you are sick you have chicken noodle soup, you don't need to upgrade it.

Marinate on that.
    test
  4. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

job - you know that great update - the twitter embed shit? you know, the one they couldnt add on the old 3.8 forum software, they needed to upgrade to have? - you can get that for vbulletin 3.8 as well Auto Media Embbeding 2.5 which can be found on vbulletin.org.
    test
  5. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Add diced carrots, onion, peas (sweet), chopped celery, cheese (velveeta.), minced garlic, rice and BAM you basically have a whole new soup out of something you were tired of before.

Not that that analogy is really accurate because CG basically changed from Chicken to Beef stock which is completely different.
    test
  6. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

The difference is that those things are integrated into XF's core whereas in VB you had to get modules to install in order to do so. Meaning if you wanted to stay up to date on updates for those things then you had to keep an eye on those threads in the vB boards along with keeping up your core updates. As an admin I'd rather have core features than modules myself. I've got about five modules I need to update on my vB4 right now and most of those modules could be, or should be, core features.
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Actually, the thing is this. If you like the new RM layout and have an attachment to the domain as well as the tradition of being this site, I fully encourage you to continue posting here.

If you want to join R M BVA with the rest of us that didn't, I welcome you over. I can assure you we don't have the word "rapmusic" censored.

There's no real debate needed whether this site is unfit or not. It's personal preference. However, don't for one second act like there isn't legitimate reason for some to make the switch. THAT is what it's "really about".

Enjoy your sleek features and version numbers. We'll enjoy our discussions.
    test
  8. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

Well everyone is over there so I'll post on both now. If anything this means I won't need to visit otbva now and then like I used to lol. ftr I don't like the blue layout rm bva have, that layout kept me from signing up to rm in the first place, so I hope they get the black layout rm used to have. I actually like this layout more than the rm bva layout, but all the activity is over there. Who knows maybe some people will come back when the trolls eventually come out over there. I've seen battlers who stopped posting on here coz of trolls now feel like its safe to post over there lol

Also it would be great if this site got automatic comment updates like otbva have. If you're gonna upgrade it why not go all out
    test
  9. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Is this a joke?

Where have I done that?
    test
  10. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Aren't modules all 3rd party so if they become unsupported than you either have to stick with the old one or hope to find something similar?

I don't know as much about forum software as you and @KingFly and I didn't claim that it was impossible (there are several features that are probably technically possible on vB that is on here) but I know that things that people had asked for in the past had run into those problems even back when Jeff was running the site (I pretty sure it was like that with Rep for example that people had been asking him to fix for years).

I think that the way the site embeds itself is really easy from a user experience stand point since you just have to paste the correct link and the site handles the embed for you. And adding the feature seemed like they were able to do it much quicker than the same process would take to add a module to the site. It's little improvements like that that can make it better for everyone.
    test
  11. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Yeah. Modules/Hacks/Plugins are third party bits of code.

Rep was a mess because it became meaningless. Plus, just about everyone had BILLIONS of rep so a pos here or a neg there meant absolutely nothing. When BBJ and some other guys went on a negging war against me they weren't even able to put the tiniest dent in my rep because I already had the max and once you get to that point there's nothing you can do to make it drop. It works in the opposite direction as well. If a few people with max rep negged somebody they were pretty much done in the rep department unless a bunch of other people with the max rep posd them. No one man should have all that power.

As for taking time, it's different for different places. I install modules on my site within hours at the max if I need them but, I don't have a userbase yet so I don't really have to worry about fucking anything up and losing revenue.
    test
  12. Laugh N' Stalk

Laugh N' Stalk Well-Known Member

Why do they censor the other sites name tho?
    test
  13. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I explained this earlier in either this thread or another one but the analogy I used was if you go into McDonalds and start telling all the customers that Burger King is better they're going to throw you the fuck out.
    test
  14. Craig

Craig Active Member

I don't know a fuckin thing about you you deluded little freak plz stfu.
    test
  15. IronsWrittens

IronsWrittens Well-Known Member

i still dont get what was so hard about showing a preview of the new layout and asking for feedback before they changed shit

ill be completely honest, the new layout looks like some shit from 8 years ago, the avi photos are blurry/sloppy

its like you took a female with just the right body, and turned her anorexic and gave her botox

and on that note

[​IMG]
    test
  16. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

vb4 sucks - thats why the lead developers of vb who made 3.xx left to make XF. this i agree with. kotd site is vb4 and i hate it
    however this forum was vb 3.xx - and even if a add on is UNsupported all it means is there wont be future updates or anyone to help you fix it if you run into problems (more to jobone)

the rep system on the old forum was easily fixable. all they had to do is reset it, or at the very most, uninstall and reinstall. backup the database (which should be done daily anyways) and you wont have to worry about losing anything. then set the correct amounts for rep to have the system balance out.

it seems like everyone in support of rm is throwing all these bullshit excuses about the software and the add ons and shit.
    that is not the reason, everything on the old site could of been fixed or added onto with some work. might of taken a while, but probably just as long as its taking to put them on this site.
    ugh, i dont even know why i bother. you guys are right XF is the BESTEST EVER forum software andthe site upgrade was soooooo badly needed. too bad none of the users thought so
    test
  17. Jamaro85

Jamaro85 Space Cowboy

The site layout is just THAT bad and is the root of why I stopped checking here as much. The site dying and the interface overhaul occurring around the same time is not a coincidence.
    test
  18. SunTzu11

SunTzu11 Active Member

LOL @ these sensitive nerds acting like Suge Knight over here...

[​IMG]

"All you posters who are tired of mods who don't listen to your cries... come to virginbattlerapfans dot com!" (Walks straight into JobOne's elbow)
    test
  19. SunTzu11

SunTzu11 Active Member

That being said... the staff mos def handled this thing terribly. Especially when bebe's kids started crying and crapping their diapers. They should of opened a thread to engage the community, answer any questions and address their concerns. But on the real, it's not that serious... I mean... ya'll acting like your home has been foreclosed or something. Prolly a good thing for some of ya'll to move on in your lives. It's a big, beautiful world out there!
    :calvinohreally:
    test
  20. TOPR KORESH

TOPR KORESH AKA L Ron Hustler

Is it just me or wasn't the site dieing long before the layout change? I think that was just the nail in the coffin. It'll be back soon enough, when new people cycle in. But new battle fans kind of suck, and R M BVA is like a utopia as far as forums go, but we'll see how long that lasts. But yeah, so long for now.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.