This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I'm sure you don't want me to quote you in PM's sayin it's a sticking point etc. There were reasons why this was all done, and you of all people know that to be true. Don't switch up because we're in a public forum now, I expect much more from the only responsible moderator remaining on this site.
    test
  2. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I'm not switching it up & you thinking I would do so "because we are in public" stinks.

threatening to post pm's? really EF? - & you expect more from me?

I don't want to argue with you, but what you said about Job wasn't fair. (that was my main reason for replying)He's said what BVA mods should really have been saying imo
    test
  3. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

It sucks that shit had to turn out like this but at this point it is what it is. It's not like if CG had a change of heart tomorrow and reverted the site back to VB everyone would just come back. All we can do is keep it moving and stay improving.
    test
  4. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Who threatened? I said you yourself said it was a sticking point. Not to mention I was told candidly it wouldn't be an option in the pit.

What I said about JobOne is unfair because I can't otherwise fathom his "deal". You've got to understand the loyalty of certain people is being tested and, contrary to some of your belief, it's not mine or the rest of the community.

To say "what is this really about" as if the qualms we have with the forum changes aren't legitimate is the kind of shit that makes us all mad and not want to keep feeding into this website; which is now a mere fraction of the quality it used to be.
    test
  5. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

I'm rarely ever serious here but everyone's making this way harder than what it has to be. One would think RM learned its lesson from the OhTeeBeeVeeAy fiasco, but they clearly didn't. Shit seemed like classic tyranny over here, with a bit of arrogance from those higher up. They made the forums look terrible and they gutted the very things that made users want to post here in the first place. This forum kinda deserves everything that happens from here on out. AreEmBeeVeeAy all day, shun.
    test
  6. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

test
  7. JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield Well-Known Member

Lush One goin in.
    test
  8. The Wise Owl

The Wise Owl Active Member

ARE.EM.BEE.VEE.AYE is PAHPPIN'.
    test
  9. Tittyfuckin

Tittyfuckin Active Member

Signed back in just to rep this shit
    test
  10. Tittyfuckin

Tittyfuckin Active Member

Ok I read all this thread for some reason, just wanted to put my views across as someone who was never that involved with this forum but checked it regularly and has now jumped over to the new one.

I have never been on a forum where are massive change to it HASNT significantly lowered the daily traffic. So just a change on it's own, even if it's 'better' will always alienate some people and cause them to come here less.

Add to that the fact that this wasn't a clean transition in the slightest and it just makes the problem worse.

So basically, what you've done is hit people with all these negatives, with only promised positives which tbh none of which sound neccesary and a lot of it just sounds like generic 'better user experience' stuff.

ErikForeman did what anyone who considers themselves to be a helper of this community would do, he fixed the problem. You might say he made the problem worse, or that there never was one, but if you do then either you're being payed or you have this pointless loyalty to a domain name.

Him jumping didn't make the problem worse. Him jumping FIXED the problem.
    test
  11. The Mage BTM

The Mage BTM Well-Known Member

Are em bee veeyay just feels better

I'll still post here from time to time but the vibe over there is just more positive
    test
  12. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

I think its universally accepted that people hate change, so when you force unnecessary change on them, they are more than likely going to get pissed off.

Its that simple, why bring the website down for 24 hours just to add a bunch of shit that the vast majority of the website has had 0 input towards?

Not in the same sense as the other members, no. Yes they are technically apart of the userbase. Just like a politician is apart of society, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't listen to the people, and when they don't people are 100% within their right to get pissed off.
    test
  13. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

People on the internet are just sad on the whole and want some drama in thier life, not hating on foreman but his site looks like a piece of shit even compared to this.
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I was on RM before BVA, I'll be here when you all leave as well.
    test
  15. Ghost Ninja

Ghost Ninja Well-Known Member

only read the first page but anyone acting like a forum changing is a big deal needs to shut up

lushs first post with all the drama is so dumb

im on a site cuz i wna be, fuck off

and then eric joins in talking like picking a forum is equivelent to choosing a side in the civil est
    setlle down drama queens
    test
  16. Im Technical

Lush stays being an attention seeking faggot.
    test
  17. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Why are you still arguing with us. At this point you should be saying "yes sir, we're sorry." Your intransigence just proves that moving was the correct decision. When I say "members" you damn well know I don't mean "staff." Stop equivocating and start accepting reality. You already lost and we're giving you the courtesy of telling you why.
    test
  18. Im Technical

Why are you still here d lor? Why dont you fuck off and take your hatred of white people somewhere else.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I don't get what's so different about this site? The look is different, but as far as "functioning" it's just missing that red thing in the corner that blinked and would tell you if someone was online or not. Bring back the red thing and we good. I saw Foreman's site already has the red thing though, so I guess I'll just sign up there.
    test
  20. maddenphile

maddenphile Active Member

i avoided leaving here for any other sites because i just assumed every one was just being pussies and theyd be back soon but after signing up and looking around foreman's site it shits on this one
    these changes were dookie
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.