This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Yeah lmaoooooo never thought I'd see a short JobOne post til his recent outting
    test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

"WE crashed OUR servers" lol Listen to yourself.

Didn't the servers crash because they weren't upgraded to handle the load in the first place? I don't know, I just heard someone talking about it on here.

The NOME 3 thread here has more views than that thread does. I wasn't talking to myself, I was updating for the people that were interested and I got more reps for that one thread than I probably have in several months so people were actually interested.

And I don't see where I was backtracking, I just realized the discussion had run it's course. I made my point, everyone else made theirs. I understand where others are coming from better, maybe some people understand where I'm coming from.
    test
  3. ErikForeman

Huh? PLEASE know what you're talking about before sayin anything

We met resource errors because our servers were running at max capacity for the entirety of NOME 3. We had over 500,000 hits in a short period of time and the servers met their CPU max. Hence, the person you quoted was right.

Stop making your ignorance so easily accessible.
    test
  4. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Oh you got me. I was just commenting on something people were saying on this site about what they were being told the reason was behind the overload on the other site.

Were you not telling people that you wouldn't be able to upgrade the servers until later that night, and that is why it couldn't keep up with the traffic?
    test
  5. ErikForeman

upgrading the servers to handle 500k users is going to be necessary

so tell me, how does "our servers crashed from the traffic" not align with "i'll upgrade the servers to meet demand for such traffic in the future"?

Why did you feel the need to say: "WE crashed OUR servers" lol Listen to yourself.

as if his comment made no sense? It made perfect sense, and once again you're looking like a fool. Our servers are more than capable to handle most requests, but we had an influx of Twitter traffic unlike some sites.

Stop tryin to call the dude on sayin somethin that YOU know was 100% valid because you've been embarrassing throughout this entire exchange. There's no saving face after that.
    test
  6. ErikForeman

BTW don't talk about views because that's hilarious. During the nome3 event we had page refresh active so people didn't have to revisit the thread every time they wanted to see a new post. Your thread was not as active as ours, that's confirmed
    test
  7. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I was emphasizing his use of "we" and "our". People are getting at me for a supposed alliance to a website and to see someone say something like that was funny to me, not that it didn't make sense. Unless he is the person that provides your servers or something.

I was speaking on what I heard. I wasn't on that site because I was posting here.

I was more replying to to him trying to prove how what I was doing was pointless than trying to make a point about your site's traffic.

You're good bro. I think it's obvious that this site has a fraction of the traffic as it once did and that site brought in a lot of people during NOME 3.
    test
  8. ErikForeman

It is we and our because the entire thing is us

Just because RM places their members at a peon level of feedback acknowledgement and sees it as herds of sheep doesn't mean our site works that way. I am not "good" because I didn't do this, it was all RM's community that embraced it

So yes it crashed our servers, I just happen to pay for "our" servers. Nothin he said was inaccurate
    test
  9. ErikForeman

Wow confirm or deny we had auto-update pages active and still got 43k views to RM's 44k views?

Someone please explain to me what that means
    test
  10. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Yeah if you actually read my post again, that wasn't even the point I was making.
    test
  11. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Essentially, the problem is Crowdgather.

When Jeff ran the site, As much of a tyrant as he was with moderation (I know, and I apoloize), He at least had the site's best interest in mind. His only flaw was selling the site to somebody who didn't. Crowdgather DOESN'T know how the internet works. They saw an opportunity instead of see'ing potential. Rapmusic has taken an extreme turn for the worst in regards to who runs this motherfucker. This is more than just a community. As much as everybody on Rapmusic.com fights and bitches and exposes one another, it's a family in the end. People on RM spend COUNTLESS hours arguing with one another. Enough hours to get to know one another. There almost isn't a shred of personal information people on here don't know about me. Choppa, Drew, Craig (Hell if I know if any of these people still post) know everything there is to know about me and as much as that bothers me, I accept them as part of that family.

This forum fucked up. Epicly. The mods on here (Hell if I know who they are anymore) have been defending the changes to this site as if they're scared. Stop. Something I've learned over the last two years is that it's just a forum and the opinions of these people don't matter. So you won't have power on AREMBEEVEEAH, Who gives a fuck? Modding SUCKS. Ask Erik how much he likes power. He'd rather have a fully functional site. His site was going to happen whether it's popular or not. Homie hit me up on some "I'm going to give this a try, if it doesn't work out then whatever" shit and I admire Erik for that. He's not interested in becoming the next Jeff. He's going to operate his site as he would as a Supermoderator, Not as the next Jeff.

Jobone, you've always been a friend to me and I don't want you to assume otherwise. This is not an attack, This is a question. The site has changed. Accept that the new owners of this place do NOT have the communities best interest in mind. You've more of a valuable contributor then you might even realize. The same goes for LUCY. I love that girl to death as a Poster. She's one of the people that gave me my Mod Powers. Realize that the COMMUNITY doesn't feel as confident with Crowdgather running the show as it did when Jeff was.

This is NOT about the changing from vBulletin to Xenforo. It isn't about over moderation or the quality of posts. It's about who gives a fuck. Crowdgather doesn't.

This is my first time logging into RM in over two years. Take this into some sort of consideration. Maybe what I'm saying is hypocritical but...I don't believe there is a Forum War going on. I think Rapmusic.com lost already. Jeff was a smart man because he's 400k richer today while everybody on RM is stupid as fuck for debating the future of the forum.

Foreman's forum, as new as it is, will be the new hub for this community. It's a matter of faith and everybody's lost that here. The forum died as soon as Sanjay signed that check.
    test
  12. Judgekure

Remember when half of the community started OHTEABEEVEAH? Remember how much of a panic we were in as Moderators? I know I had ALOT to do with that forum being created. Nobody liked how I moderated the forum here and that was the cause of the mutiny there.

This is different though. This isn't about Supermoderators going crazy with power. This isn't even about Administrators. This is about Corporate decisions that don't favor the community. That's why the community took action.
    test
  13. Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde Well-Known Member

I wrote this a few days ago but decided not to post it.. but fuck it..

The owners of rapmusic.com are out of touch with the community and have seriously underestimated the detrimental effect change and bad timing can have on any website.

- As far as I'm aware, there was no general announcement notifying the community of the huge changes that were going to take place. I know there was an announcement stating they would be down for 24 hours, which to b fair they posted well in advance, but I don't recall any announcement saying they will be changing the design and functionality of the forum

- I was told by an admin the new website design & functionality was tested before going live. I don't understand what testing they did - how could such a badly designed, lacking on the most basic forum functionality be given the 'OK' to go live? Who was testing it? Was it forum regulars, or people who never use this forum? Regular members should have been invited to join the testing on the test server, provide their feedback and iron out the kinks. It would also increase the sense of community spirit and benefit the website as a whole

- Once the new design went live, there was total confusion. No major announcements or easy to see instructions, screenshots, etc. to help out everyone on the new system. There should have been one mega-thread to deal with all questions, feedback, etc. There were about 4 threads at a time active of confused users asking where is this gone, when will this be back, etc. This confusion is also partly to do with what I mentioned above, the owners not showing the community the new design before going live, even screenshots would have prevented a few of the posts coming

- The length of time to wait for even the most basic change/addition to design or functions was abysmal. On the internet, a day is a very long time. Things like the width of the forum, when it first came out not wide enough (again, who was testing this?) took a full day to get fixed. Simple CSS edits such as the 'Battle Rap' button has taken about a week, and even still it looks amateurish (solid color on hover? you don't even have to be in design to see this looks bad). There were many more delays in getting simple changes done. Still some pretty simple CSS edits aren't done, that could easily improve the site

As I said, things move VERY quickly on the internet. Buying a domain, hosting plan, vBulletin license + software, implementing it all, can be done in less than 24 hours. The people cried out for the old design from the start and @ErikForeman has given them what they want. RM took too long in everything since the change. RM provided no clarity, no discussion. Fair play to him for taking advantage of such an epic fuck up by RM.
    test
  14. Judgekure

Yeah pretty much. I don't know you bro but bless you.

How do I tag on this shit? I'm trying to get into a conversation with @L u c y @LUCY
    test
  15. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Active Member

The site was tested by the majority of the staff for two months prior to the site going live.
    test
  16. Thedude710

Thedude710 Active Member

What grown man talks like that? This shit isn't normal, and I'm tired of pretending it is. I'll stay anywhere that lush isn't...
    test
  17. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Active Member

Signatures make every site look horrible. Especially signatures advertising "Hotel Rates". But everyone would complain if they were turned off.

Luckily, you can turn off everyones signatures here: http://rapmusic.com/account/preferences
    test
  18. ErikForeman

Nice sense of humor, meanwhile your site population is dwindling due to your lack of concern.

Weren't you brought on because the site wasn't making enough to be considered worth it? How about listening to the criticism instead of joking like a clown.
    test
  19. Judgekure

Clearly you're new here. The Hotel Rates in Erik's Signature was put there because people used to actually ASK repeatedly about Hotel Rates. Cause...You know...People on RM throw events and stuff in....You know...Places that aren't local?

You'd know that if you knew anything about the BVA. Every month there would be a new thread "What's the Hotel situation looking like" and Organik or Lush would have to post up information regarding Hotels. Erik, who works in Hotels, had a simple solution to that and those threads were never posted again.
    test
  20. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

100% false - I told you I was not going to let tapatalk go & would sort it if at all possible, as far as I know it was never discribed as "impossible to install" - it was to be a CHEAPER than tapatalk RM branded app, when it was pointed out that most people used a cracked/free version & would not be prepared to (or should not be expected to either) CG said "ok" - no big deal, just 'yeah ok'

also I've asked Job to be a super many times over the last year, he doesn't want to mod.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.