This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

sleek ass piece of shit lookin forum

when I post on a forum, I don't want to be reminded every second that "oh shit look how sleek this is"

"oh shit what a forum"

no, I want to be reading the discussions. I can't even see the difference between visited and non-visited thread links. The fuckin width is about 2-3 times too small and my shit is WIDESCREEN so this shit looks CLAUSTROPHOBIC

[​IMG]
    test
  2. GordyAcres

GordyAcres Active Member

Huh?
    That has in no way been the case

how has the changes made anything better? it took 10 steps back and you guys are like "oh it looks cool now and updates are commin"

dude yo polishin a TURD
    test
  3. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

That is shit that can change though. I'm not really digging all that either but it hasn't been a deal breaker for me. I'm at least willing to see how it turns out before writing off the whole forum.
    test
  4. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Or how about we just go to a site with everything we want instead of waiting for them to change?
    test
  5. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

shit "can" change with the term "can" being the proponent. they made these changes without letting us users know so FUCK em, simple as that.

"oh look we're doing it for the community" doesn't cut it when they didn't ask for community input. sounds like a fucking

[​IMG]

to me
    test
  6. martymcfly

@JobOne, why are you so insistent on defending this forum? tbh it's pretty weird to me that you're so protective of this site
    test
  7. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

:hoffawow::hoffawow:
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

There are things that have been better but they are smaller background things like the ignore list and searches. The Following system seems a little more relevant to how people interact on here than the outdated friends list that people didn't seem to use. The calendar wasn't used on the old site but now it has been utilized to have events marked on the calendar as well as listed so people can see both, something that wasn't possible on the old site. The "watched threads" function seems to work better than the subscribed threads did with more options (though the default settings can be a bit overwhelming and obnoxious if you don't want all the alerts. Speaking of alerts, they work better than notifications did since you can just hover over them to mark them read and you can set alerts of more actions than on the old site. YouTube embeds and any embeds are easier and work smoother. There are many more media/video embeds that are put into the site including Twitter embeds right in the forum. Highlighted threads can now be filtered to display all the battle videos, which wasn't possible on the old site. Picture files can be uploaded right into your post/thread instead of having to host them elsewhere and link them.

Off the top, those are improvements over the old site that I can think of without digging through the site. There are things that were working on the other site that aren't here but many of them have come back over the past week.

Also, the new media section (which hasn't been added yet) iis another big change and that will benefit BVA more than any of the other sections since it's specifically for browsing through the video thumbnails if you want to search things that way. There are a bunch of other functions to it that I'm looking forward to but I don't know how much of it is going to be in the final product.

That's why I tend to be more patient about the changes.
    test
  9. ErikForeman

have fun with that

peace
    test
  10. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Read my posts again to see what I'm defending. I agree that them trying to make an app to start charging people was bullshit. I like many of the changes with how the site operates. The format changes I'm not fond of but it's not necessarily a deal breaker because many of the things I've wanted have been brought back. I was willing to wait for the changes, and I don't think I've really tried to convince others of my opinion but rather have defended my point of view because I feel I have a valid reason for seeing things the way I do.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

If your point was to take a stand against the site, why would you care about if you are modded or not. I think it would be more important to let people know that than attempt to play both sides of the fence.

From where I'm standing, it seems like you care more about being a moderator than I do.
    test
  12. martymcfly

again, that's the introspective analysis you were playing on. you were vigilant enough to wait, the rest of us weren't. as terrible as it sounds we all assumed this slight would only further more changes that we didn't ask for since THEY DID NOT ASK US before they made the changes. they pretty much said "hey we made these changes so just go with it" and to that we say "FUCK YO LIFE NIGGA" simple as.
    test
  13. ErikForeman

are you actually stupid or pretending to be?

I've said about 4 times in this thread to take my mod spot. I don't want to be a moderator here, nor do I want to be a POSTER here.

You've gotta be trying to look dumb or something
    test
  14. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Fair enough but you can see where I don't have the same perspective as others since I have caught a glimpse what we could expect. Like I said, I have reasons I've decided to stay here like others have reason for why they left.
    test
  15. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

You're the one assuming that my end game is to become a mod. You made the assumption before I did.
    test
  16. ErikForeman

lmaooo

you're dense
    test
  17. martymcfly

that's a complete fair analysis as an individual. i understand why you and the other folk have decided to stay. this isn't a negative reflection on yourselves, it's just how you feel and we're glad you accept us for moving on due to how we feel. it just seems quite moot to argue about the transitions between ourselves since the changes have been done. i will rarely if ever be posting on this forum again. all my boys from this community have transitioned themselves so i will be joining them.

you have your reasons for staying here but i feel like it's not worth your while to argue to defend this forum. just keep doing what you doing, you a cool ass nigga
    test
  18. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

And you are very mature about this whole situation.

Good luck with the site. I may end up checking it out at some point.
    test
  19. ErikForeman

Yeah hope you do

In the future try reading responses better because you're rather infuriating to talk to this way
    test
  20. CringeWorthy

CringeWorthy Returning video tapes

It doesn't need good luck...it accomplished in 3 days what this site took 5 years to do. The NOME 3 thread is evidence enough ; we crashed our servers, you were the only one in that bitch talking to yourself...it was sad.

And you will check it out, after you realize how ridiculous you've looked through out this whole process. You're too stubborn, but its apparent you've already accepted how ridiculous you look by how short your posts have been and how you keep back tracking.

Just know you lost and accept that graciously. This thread is evidence enough.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.