This site has been GROUND ZERO for the BATTLE COMMUNITY for over a decade

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

can't believe i po
    can't believe i actually pos repped d-lor. that's how bad things've gotten
    test
  2. martymcfly

there's a reason they bought this site, to monetize it. they're far more concerned about the $$ than the community. that's fine by me, run your hustle. just don't expect niggas to run with you when they aren't getting paid
    test
  3. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy your site and JobOne, my actions here tonight should be enough to get me demodded and you put in my place. I don't care about the site anymore and I'm tired of the disrespect toward anyone without stock in the website.
    test
  4. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

All you are is spin and propaganda. Look at you, you're pathetic. You better be getting paid for this because you're selling out something awful.

The vast majority of user hate this site more than them court dates. You guys refused to listen, were slow to bring back features, and were unclear on what you would be bringing back.

Everything you say is irrelevant. There are 1400 users on RM BVA right now. Those numbers mean more than your words.

YOU listen to US PERIOD.
    test
  5. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

yagga
    test
  6. martymcfly

dead @ niggas being loyal to a corporate takeover without getting paid doh. that's funny to me
    test
  7. this problem

this problem Active Member

I must have missed all this. Plus all I do is search the BVA because I have no use for the other sub-forums. Suppose I'm the wrong guy to be involved in this conversation since I'm not connected to it beyond just liking the look and functionality of this site better.
    test
  8. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

is this real life?

it's a real shame these thoughts & phrases exist
    test
  9. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

Only came here cause I heard about this thread and had to see it for myself

Lmao wow....

Job One you are weird as hell. Loyal to a domain name that aint yours? Have fun talking to yourself homie lmao

Rm bv a all day
    test
  10. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

Hopefully you acheive your dream of being a mod lol smdh
    test
  11. ErikForeman

That's fair bro and honestly visit whichever site suits you more. If that's RM, that's great.

I'm just sick of people painting a picture as if everyone who made a choice is doing something wrong. No. We're the people and we do what we want and post wherever suits us the most. When people start making changes without our say is when they risk their entire community. This is known as a basic in the webmaster world tbh. Updates come at a risk, and you gotta be strategic.

They rolled the dice and lost. No biggie.
    test
  12. ErikForeman

Why can't I fucking neg JobOne right now? This is why this site died. Stop talkin about rep when there's no fucking neg.

Just know I've hypothetically negged ALL your posts JobOne for being all too loyal to the wrong people. I always stuck up for you and even dodged commenting on your weird ass block of text posts regarding irrelevant topics, but now you're just being silly.
    test
  13. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

No I have no access to the Pit so that's why I'm asking what this is really about. Them trying to charge for a standalone app is one thing but why not just say that? That's the kind of thing that people should know about. That's the kind of discussion about the future of the forum that should have been had not reactionary stuff.

I don't know how things work now but I was a mod when they owned the forum and it doesn't seem like they changed much from how the forum was run before so I don't see the issues with them running the forum as them being too meddling but them not knowing shit about battle rap and having too many middlemen. It's to be expected since it's a corporation that owns many forums.

That's where they need people who are able to communicate to them what the forum is about. The moderators also play the role the middlemen for this section of the website.

And for the record, I've turned down the offer for mod position multiple times. I don't want a mod position. I can contribute to a community without being a moderator so that's the level of involvement I like to have.
    test
  14. BlazeSX

BlazeSX 2 Stainz

I never really posted much but the main reason I(only speaking for myself) went to the other site is because i like vbulletin. I joined RM because it used VB. Not everyone left because "it was the cool thing to do" I just have preferences and VB just happened to be one of them. Pretty sure some others has reasons as well.
    test
  15. this problem

this problem Active Member

I think the average bystander like me had no clue what was going on because people just disappeared without much of an explanation. However, since it seems like everyone is riding for you pretty hard, I'll grab up a name and see what you guys are up to over there. Still think a brand new name would be fitting instead of RM BVA.
    test
  16. martymcfly

yo @ JobOne you actually a cool nigga in my books, come over to arremmbeveeay n join us in (s) cause that's what real niggas do.

foreman's pretty much on point. we're people and we do people things. fuck this loyalty bullshit to something that doesn't pay you and be part of a community that wants to be a god damn community. come ova nigga, it's notoriety, not post count
    test
  17. ErikForeman

The name was somewhat symbolic, same with the theme. I'm sayin the domain is IRRELEVANT

I brought it back to what people liked about RM and guess what, it worked. The community is literally all that matters here, and everything that CG and Jeff etc thought about what made this site tick was wrong. Period.

The discussions DRIVE this site and if the people providing this discussion aren't happy, you do your best to appeal to them. In the pit there was a very cold "calculated" agenda that was being pushed, and they were to add just enough to get people to stop bitching. We don't really care to support that kind of rude administration.

I'm proud of the community tbh. We're better off and if you look at RM B V A, it brought people together and we have a VERY positive vibe. I've had numerous battle rappers hit me up saying they're very glad the site was created.
    test
  18. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

How the fuck am I selling out??

Because I happen to like some of the changes they plan to make and would like to hear good reasoning for why Rapmusic has "turned to shit" before deciding to jump ship? Because as far as I was aware that the changes they've made didn't seem sinister to me.

You keep talking to me like I am Crowdgather or even Rapmusic. I just made a choice to give the changes a chance so that's why I've continued to post here. That's why I bother arguing for a point of view that is in defense of the site. If I'd had known they were planning to make an app to charge people, that changes things. At the same time, they got tapatalk working; they caved.

I don't see it as the only outcome amounting to it being us or them.
    test
  19. ErikForeman

caving too late is still too late
    test
  20. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

They had a chance before they went and changed the site without user input. Honestly, that was transgression enough. But not being forthcoming about tapatalk and other features put them in the box. The war is over.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.